Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jazz97 . Welcome to the forum. Welcome to the more “ realistic “ part of the forum.
As @Knikki says “ less serious “ but probably most helpful section of the forum.
And if you haven’t got a clue what he’s on about with Ishimura, Aegis V11 or whatever then you’re not the only one:).

Reactions: hh1 and becca59

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My evening out at the local pop up cinema was a lovely night out.. Licenced bar & Nepalese menu on offer. Sampled a bit of both & the BGs actually faired quite well as the closing credits rolled on the movie..
"Bohemian rhapsody." Was it me? Towards the end of the flick, Freddie started to look more like a dead ringer for young Oliver Reed?? (Camera angles whilst seated at the piano..)

All in all, a great film.. Without giving away too many "spoilers." ;)

@Jazz97 . Welcome to the forum. Welcome to the more “ realistic “ part of the forum.
As @Knikki says “ less serious “ but probably most helpful section of the forum.

Hi,
I feel it would be more appropriate to suggest this topic (like a couple of other sub fora designated areas.) has the flexibility to explore diverse subject matter for like minded folk, whilst staying within the ethos rules covering the forum as a whole. :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes! I'm amazed I didn't realise anything was wrong for so long considering I used to struggle with two meals a day!
I have discovered some sugar free biscuits , which of course I am still eating in moderation, but have been a saviour for my cookie cravings!
Just a thought - sugar free doesn't always mean carbohydrate free, and carbs of any kind is what we're injecting for. Reading packets also becomes second nature ;)

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a thought - sugar free doesn't always mean carbohydrate free, and carbs of any kind is what we're injecting for. Reading packets also becomes second nature ;)
Have been reading every packet I come across! These ones I found are 8.9g per biscuit, so I just have one at a time
Cant wait to start understanding what km actually looking for better, but going by what the nurse said, it could be a while before they'll refer me to a carb counting course. So i guess it's just guess work for now!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Have to agree. I find cheese rather addictive. Good for BS control, not so sure about waistline control.:):):)

That's why I don't buy blocks of cheese anymore........... can't keep my hands off it :hungry::hungry:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My evening out at the local pop up cinema was a lovely night out.. Licenced bar & Nepalese menu on offer. Sampled a bit of both & the BGs actually faired quite well as the closing credits rolled on the movie..
"Bohemian rhapsody." Was it me? Towards the end of the flick, Freddie started to look more like a dead ringer for young Oliver Reed?? (Camera angles whilst seated at the piano..)

Hi,
I feel it would be more appropriate to suggest this topic (like a couple of other sub fora designated areas.) has the flexibility to explore diverse subject matter for like minded folk, whilst staying within the ethos rules covering the forum as a whole. :)

I thought the film was brilliant :joyful: I'm not a buyer of his/ Queens music, but you just can't help singing along to the music, he was a brilliant songwriter and a showman :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And if you haven’t got a clue what he’s on about with Ishimura, Aegis V11 or whatever then you’re not the only one:).

A thread, that is is invaluable to type 1's management. It's great to have a banter too as we know the pitfall's of trying to get it right, but diabetes doesn't always play ball :rolleyes: +:wacky: +:mad: sometimes an :oops: and a :stop: plus other member's posts too who have another type of diabetes. Some tip top helpful and kind member's about, who know whats it's like on a day to day basis, long may it continue <3 :happy:

Reactions: Jazz97

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A thread, that is is invaluable to type 1's management. It's great to have a banter too as we know the pitfall's of trying to get it right, but diabetes doesn't always play ball :rolleyes: +:wacky: +:mad: sometimes an :oops: and a :stop: plus other member's posts too who have another type of diabetes. Some tip top helpful and kind member's about, who know whats it's like on a day to day basis, long may it continue <3 :happy:
Especially on those days where if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry...

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's why I don't buy blocks of cheese anymore........... can't keep my hands off it :hungry::hungry:
I'm trying to gain weight at the moment (which I know will happen naturally anyway, but still) so am gobbling up all the cheese!

Reactions: hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee . I’m sure that if I have contravened any forum rules I will be dealt with accordingly.
This is a thread aimed purely and simply at T1 diabetics, it isn’t a closed shop and everyone and anyone is free to contribute.
But, and this is only my opinion , this thread offers the most useful place for type 1 diabetics to gain information. Taking into account the OP new diagnosis my use of words “ realistic “ and “ less serious” seemed the most welcoming and reassuring at what is likely to be a stressful time.
I have no intention of undermining any other part of the forum, but as a T1 my main priority is helping and assisting people who have a condition that I live with and understand.

Reactions: becca59 and WuTwo

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,
Bohemian Rhapsody is a brilliant film! Saw it at the cinema, and cant wait to watch it again! My mum bought it as soon as it came out on DVD. She's always been a fan of the music, so I don't need to convince her to watch it with me again!

Reactions: hh1 and Jaylee
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bohemian Rhapsody is a brilliant film! Saw it at the cinema, and cant wait to watch it again! My mum bought it as soon as it came out on DVD. She's always been a fan of the music, so I don't need to convince her to watch it with me again!

I loved the film and I thought Rami Malek was fab-u-lous :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm trying to gain weight at the moment (which I know will happen naturally anyway, but still) so am gobbling up all the cheese!

Are you, by chance, on friendly terms with Wallace o_O:D

Hello and welcome :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yeah - I always feel I can't really offer advice to T2's 'cos I am out of my area with that, but with T1 I feel I understand and I might be able to help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yeah - I always feel I can't really offer advice to T2's 'cos I am out of my area with that, but with T1 I feel I understand and I might be able to help.

Even just giving a virtual hug can help when times are tough and seem hopeless :)

Reactions: Pipp
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The sun is beaming down now and I ddin't do any washing today, so it will have to be done tomorrow instead :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Knikki and therower