Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
One of my proudest memories is being part of the anti Vietnam war demonstration in Grosvenor Square.

I am not surprised that it's a proud memory. It deserves to be! My mum in law was one of the original CND protestors and was always very proud of having stood up for her beliefs.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Woke up on 5.5 having corrected for a rather rude 9.9 that popped up on my meter at bedtime. If it was under 7 I'd have let it go but not in the 9's! That's just begging for a correction.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
One of my proudest memories is being part of the anti Vietnam war demonstration in Grosvenor Square. If it’s war film time, watch Apocalypse Now too.

I must admit I do prefer the older war films, I do like history and the men were so brave, women also. I love watching Dad's Army and some documentries Also, because of my dad fighting in WW11 and his dad in WW1, my granddad,
I just saw an extended trailer for Apocalypse Now, but I think I will give it a miss.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning.

War? Hmmmmm don't get me started I can bore the living daylights out you, it one of many hobbies I have, well military history.

Anyway.

GLIMP software does anyone who use it know if it works with watches, rather will push info out to them like xDrip does?

@Mel dCP & @porl69 cracking picture :)

I'm hoping to go to the Imperial War Museum this year.

Reactions: kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Porous us!!
Thought a few more kite pictures might help to last you through the week!!
IMG_6592 (1).jpg IMG_6523 (1).jpg IMG_6520 (1).jpg IMG_6621.jpg IMG_6674 (1).jpg IMG_6548 (1).jpg IMG_6635.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning folks I hope that you all had a good night, looks like @Mel dCP and @porl69 had a good un

This insulin pump is driving me bananas at the moment. On MDI and initially on pump I was having the same issues, huge spikes after brekkie before settling down until bedtime. Bedtime and overnight was generally OK.

For the past week however its all over the place. No more spikes in morning and fairly good BG until bedtime Whoo, Hoo I have cracked it. NOT.

Most nights going to bed with BG of around 6 but wake up about 2/3 in morning to BG of 12. ***. I take a correction dose and by brekkie its usually OK. Brekkie is around 7 am so I guess I may have some small amounts of insulin on board .Which in some senses may explain why my morning BG are fine

Any thoughts on high BG overnight, I tend to eat nothing after 8 pm unless I am having a biccie to bring my BG up slight early evening

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did the London marathon last year. 3 hours 42 minutes

Then I had to get up and change channels as I wanted to watch footy on the other side:angelic::angelic:

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wow, two members out together. Is that allowed or is it the kind of security risk that bans two members of the government from travelling on the same plane?
Sounds as if you had fun.

I am just off to the gym for my annual Run with Mo. He spends 2 hours sprinting around London and I spend 30 minutes watching him as I plod on the treadmill.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Definitely allowed Helen and Ed Gamble too, a good evening all round I'd say :happy:
Enjoy your Gym time :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning folks I hope that you all had a good night, looks like @Mel dCP and @porl69 had a good un

This insulin pump is driving me bananas at the moment. On MDI and initially on pump I was having the same issues, huge spikes after brekkie before settling down until bedtime. Bedtime and overnight was generally OK.

For the past week however its all over the place. No more spikes in morning and fairly good BG until bedtime Whoo, Hoo I have cracked it. NOT.

Most nights going to bed with BG of around 6 but wake up about 2/3 in morning to BG of 12. ***. I take a correction dose and by brekkie its usually OK. Brekkie is around 7 am so I guess I may have some small amounts of insulin on board .Which in some senses may explain why my morning BG are fine

Any thoughts on high BG overnight, I tend to eat nothing after 8 pm unless I am having a biccie to bring my BG up slight early evening
Definitely basal issue in the nights. It took a lot of fiddling to get my night time basal right. Still get the oddball night every now and again.

Good morning everyone. Just woke up, I know it's late. 7.6 to wake up to so happy with that after a few pints and McDonald's last night. Have a good rest of the weekend

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just seen a clip of Ed Gamble, talking about diabetes on stage, you can't help but laugh:hilarious: :):happy:
Once it became obvious there were five of us T1s in the front row it got very surreal. I was weeping with laughter, there really is such a thing as diabetic comedy :hilarious: Virtually the entire first half was a personal gig just for us. Brilliant. Comparing meters with us, names of insulin, my 100% chocolate (sugar free but tastes like, erm, BOTTOMS). Think it threw him a bit to see so many of us that were on a SPECIFIC diabetic outing, but he certainly more than rose to the occasion. My so-called stomach muscles are aching this morning from laughing so hard. :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Once it became obvious there were five of us T1s in the front row it got very surreal. I was weeping with laughter, there really is such a thing as diabetic comedy :hilarious: Virtually the entire first half was a personal gig just for us. Brilliant. Comparing meters with us, names of insulin, my 100% chocolate (sugar free but tastes like, erm, BOTTOMS). Think it threw him a bit to see so many of us that were on a SPECIFIC diabetic outing, but he certainly more than rose to the occasion. My so-called stomach muscles are aching this morning from laughing so hard. :rolleyes:

Sounds brilliant Mel, I know I would of loved it. My daughter captured my laughter on video when I was trying to play Mario cart, I was absolutely useless and I nearlywet myself laughing so much, my stomach muscles hurt, but in a good way lol:happy:

Reactions: hh1 and porl69