What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ventured out early for some shopping DJC...got back home and spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking & weather watching...on a selfish note I quite enjoyed it given comfort food was on the menu

I agree, a day spent cooking in the kitchen ( especially for friends) when the weather outside is cold and horrid ticks a lot of boxes in the contented happiness field.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 6.5 on the dice, ate all the wrong things but not necessarily in the right order yesterday, and today doesn't bode too well either, we have friends and family over today so a big buffet style spread will be out, I can resist most things except temptation.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, 6.5 on the dice, ate all the wrong things but not necessarily in the right order yesterday, and today doesn't bode too well either, we have friends and family over today so a big buffet style spread will be out, I can resist most things except temptation.
Very neat combo of Oscar Wide and Eric Morecambe

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, @zauberflote . :)

Hopkinsville, eh? When I was in school one of my best friends went to Hopkinsville every summer with her mother and brothers and sister to stay with grandparents. We used to write each other long letters -- then one summer while she was there the Beatles came to our city and she missed them! :(

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I enjoyed the MOW story and the fascinating exchange about drawing curtsins. Fyi I dont need to am not overlooked and need to take that into consideration if we ever move. Another tick for Cornwall .

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did too -- once I got over my initial iffy-ness about starting it! :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum the Derby favorite led wire to wire but after the finish he was disqualified. The 2nd-place horse's jockey lodged a complaint that the winner had blocked his horse and kept him from winning. The winner did drift wide coming around the far turn -- his jockey said he was spooked by the roar of the crowd -- and it took the stewards 20 minutes watching replays to uphold the other jockey's claim. This has never happened in the history of the Derby, and only one other winner has been disqualified in all that time. One of the reasons it got so ugly is that another horse, who really was blocked and nearly fell down, didn't lodge any complaint at all. The horse that did was really not affected by the spook-and-drift.

Having worked with baby horses (these are only 3 years old) I'm often amazed that racehorses can run a mile and a quarter at all without going crazy! So many 3-year-olds have trouble keeping their balance at even a canter with a rider on their backs that they buck -- rider sometimes comes off -- these babies are true wonder-horses IMO.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Take care @Cumberland. Maybe extra walks with Wispa could be good, for her anyhow!

Hello PM
Apart from being a bit thirsty I don’t feel badly

11.8 just now so it’s dropping

Think I’ve knackered Wispa took her for a walk and upon return she’s crashed out lol - Sleeping next to me

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
6.3 sigh return from fantasy-land. Enjoy the holiday! (what is it?) off to church, throw double birthday partay with extra family at theirs, run to a gig, run to another gig, come home and put feet up half an hour then off to bed very early.
None of that will happen as planned. Life will insert itself. I will persevere and definitely enjoy anyway

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey Trick...Morecombe & wise plus Oscar Wilde in the same post...well done;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 sigh return from fantasy-land. Enjoy the holiday! (what is it?) off to church, throw double birthday partay with extra family at theirs, run to a gig, run to another gig, come home and put feet up half an hour then off to bed very early.
None of that will happen as planned. Life will insert itself. I will persevere and definitely enjoy anyway
Busy, busy hence the hug. Church = good; partay squared = good; gig squared = y'all must be talented, in demand and ya enjoy using your gift (my only gift is not having a gift); @zauberflote = one spiffing lady. UK hol is for Mayday - pesky reds under the bed did it your honour,:)
Edit: Are you now, or have you ever been a ....... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Technology is off my list today Sunday and Monday. I will enter the technological affray on Tuesday...
OMG gennepher what an absolute nightmare for you...it's just not acceptable...get back to them ASAP...shocking how bad the service & the device is...I really hope they make every effort to get things right for you...otherwise there might be a real affray in addition to the technological one"

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG gennepher what an absolute nightmare for you...it's just not acceptable...get back to them ASAP...shocking how bad the service & the device is...I really hope they make every effort to get things right for you...otherwise there might be a real affray in addition to the technological one"
Thank you.
I will be doing what I can about this next week...
I am just sitting in my potting shed and garden today, and tomorrow, not doing much of anything...but listening to Hildegard Von Bingen - Voices of Angels...it allows me to be still and in contemplation...which I need at the moment....

>^..^<

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s hard because the garden is full of pollen at the moment.
I live with my asthma inhalers next to me. I think the pollen season has gotten longer and longer now. And there are rapeseed fields near me now.

I find very strong black coffee helps my asthma.

>^..^<
I think that it has been quite bad this year and several people have mentioned to me that they have hay fever this year who don't normally get it. We went for a lovely walk today to see the bluebells in woodland. The bluebells were stunning but as my allergy is tree pollen it might not have been one of my most sensible ideas.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think that it has been quite bad this year and several people have mentioned to me that they have hay fever this year who don't normally get it. We went for a lovely walk today to see the bluebells in woodland. The bluebells were stunning but as my allergy is tree pollen it might not have been one of my most sensible ideas.

Yes, I think the willow and silver birch are bad for pollen this time of year. I have willow trees in my garden :(

But are beautiful once the furry catkins have gone.

The bluebells must have been amazing.

>^..^<