Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is estimated that of the British people with a British heritage two thirds are related to a royal. This is due to the factors such as if one was rich one's children had a better chance of surviving infancy therefore able to pass on DNA and things like the plagues had a devastating effect on the population who were unable to flee to the country seat so to speak. Interesting stuff.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Beautiful plate, @Antje77 .
I have a thing for plates and mugs. Always look for them in thrift stores so I have a wonderful collection of all different mugs and plates :) from which I can choose according to my mood (or more often to what happens to be clean ...)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Funnily enough there was something other than carbs that I had to wean off after starting LCHF. Fruit bowls. I must have half a dozen and I still have to stop myself buying new ones.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Funnily enough there was something other than carbs that I had to wean off after starting LCHF. Fruit bowls. I must have half a dozen and I still have to stop myself buying new ones.
What are fruit bowls? If they're the big things to keep whole fruits in until you eat them, why not use them for vegetables, knitting wool or tennis balls for friendly neighbourhood dogs? And If they're the small things you use to eat chopped fruit from why not eat other things from them, like soup, yoghurt or shrimp coctails?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What are fruit bowls? If they're the big things to keep whole fruits in until you eat them, why not use them for vegetables, knitting wool or tennis balls for friendly neighbourhood dogs? And If they're the small things you use to eat chopped fruit from why not eat other things from them, like soup, yoghurt or shrimp coctails?
I mean the big ones that Mum's like to see full but nice enough to have as an ornament when empty. Veggies in a fruit bowl in my living room? It's certainly a novel idea. ;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I happen to have veggies in my living room right now! They are the blossoming kale from last years garden :)
They wont fit in a fruit bowl, though.
(and ignore the tulips in the background)
59745212_10217504240952251_431287546278838272_n.jpg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I still have a big fruit bowl. It is Mr. Blue's fruit in it. He buys the same every week. 2 bananas, 3 apples and 4 tangerines. ;) I have to make sure the bananas don't touch the rest of the fruit as he swears it makes them go off.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the fruit (for the guinea pigs) but not the bowl. The fruits and vegetables just live randomly on my kitchen table, which isn't used for much else than fruit and veggie storage. And it holds the bowl of cat kibble, to keep the dogs from stealing it. Which only means I not only have 2 cats walking between my veggies but 4 to 6 of the 6 to 8 regular dogs as well...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It is estimated that of the British people with a British heritage two thirds are related to a royal. This is due to the factors such as if one was rich one's children had a better chance of surviving infancy therefore able to pass on DNA and things like the plagues had a devastating effect on the population who were unable to flee to the country seat so to speak. Interesting stuff.

Some one tell that to Danny Dyer:)

Everybody who was alive in Europe a thousand years ago and who had children, is an ancestor of everyone alive today who has some European ancestry.

Though some of my Ancestors where not in Europe a thousand years ago mind you as if you go back over 3,400 years ago just about every one on Earth has a common Ancestor.

Mind you I don't mind how many people share my heritage I'm interested in the history and tracing my family tree has taught me a lot of historical fact and some fiction also.

I quite like the idea that Barack Obama is related to George bush both senior and junior . and that Wild Bill Hickok is also in the mix

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some one tell that to Danny Dyer:)

Everybody who was alive in Europe a thousand years ago and who had children, is an ancestor of everyone alive today who has some European ancestry.

Though some of my Ancestors where not in Europe a thousand years ago mind you as if you go back over 3,400 years ago just about every one on Earth has a common Ancestor.

Mind you I don't mind how many people share my heritage I'm interested in the history and tracing my family tree has taught me a lot of historical fact and some fiction also.

I quite like the idea that Barack Obama is related to George bush both senior and junior . and that Wild Bill Hickok is also in the mix

I'd like to think that Henry v was an ancestor but as three of my grandparents were Irish and the fourth was Ulster Scots then I'm more likely to be a descendant of Brian Boru! We can but dream.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I mean the big ones that Mum's like to see full but nice enough to have as an ornament when empty. Veggies in a fruit bowl in my living room? It's certainly a novel idea. ;)

My mother had a lovely glass fruit bowl on a pedestal that she always kept apples in. She also had a bigger enamelware bowl painted in a design of fruit with a matching tray and pitcher. I don't remember what she kept in it but it was pretty.

Reactions: Guzzler

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow -- I've just been looking for a bowl like hers online and apparently it was a beaded candlewick bowl of "crimped" design. I love learning stuff when I go hunting. :) It looked sort of like this one:

Imperial-Crystal-Candlewick-x23400-103C-10x22-pic-1-220%3A5.5-69-f.jpg
I had forgotten the balls of the column but these look familiar.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'd like to think that Henry v was an ancestor but as three of my grandparents were Irish and the fourth was Ulster Scots then I'm more likely to be a descendant of Brian Boru! We can but dream.
It is quite possible to be related to both. So don't discount it in fact it is highly likely that nearly every one here is in some way.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wow -- I've just been looking for a bowl like hers online and apparently it was a beaded candlewick bowl of "crimped" design. I love learning stuff when I go hunting. :) It looked sort of like this one:

Imperial-Crystal-Candlewick-x23400-103C-10x22-pic-1-220%3A5.5-69-f.jpg
I had forgotten the balls of the column but these look familiar.
There is a small independent gift shop in our town which sells handblown glassware. I have four pieces now. It ain't cheap but I love the fact that no two pieces are the same. The colours are beautiful. Have started to hint at the XL sons whenever a birthday is coming up. I just love this shop except for the area where they keep the scented candles, anyone else find them overwhelming?

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It is quite possible to be related to both. So don't discount it in fact it is highly likely that nearly every one here is in some way.
If you are a descendant of the high king you would also probably be descended from Gormflaith Ingen Macfinn and though reputedly a great beauty she seemed to have a very flawed character.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you are a descendant of the high king you would also probably be descended from Gormflaith Ingen Macfinn and though reputedly a great beauty she seemed to have a very flawed character.
I'll take that as a compliment... I think :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

We should start referring to us all as cousins, in that case.

According to my DNA I am 93% English, Welsh, and Northern European. 5% Swedish and the rest other regions.