JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
t also housed the North West Sound Archives, maybe it still does, I don't know.
It closed down in 2015 and the recordings where shared between Manchester Central Library, Liverpool Central Library, and the Lancashire Archives,

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
If I ever get to 'that there Lundun' again I will visit Middle Temple church to see the tomb of William Marshall, one of my favourite mediaeval characters. He lived a life and a half did that fella.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oh yes William (Knight Templar) 'Guillaume le Maréchal' Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke. He certainly did lead an eventful life

His resting place is on my list of places to visit also.

Did you know he was an ancestor of Sir Walter Raleigh.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Since my friend was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago he and his OH have been going through their collection of photographs from way back when and they passed a few on that we had not got I posted one of my mother holding my grandson a short time before she passed.

Well my son came up from Oxford this weekend on a short visit and we shew him some of them in one photo there was a person who he did not recognize it was me and for some time I could not convince him that it was in fact me mind you I didn't recognize myself at first isn't it awful what time and prednisolone can do to you.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If any one is interested in seeing it this is the offending item. It dates from just after being dignosed with MG but before prednisolone prescribed.

Judith Keiran John.jpg

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also live in a town with a castle, or at least what remains of it (mainly just the castle keep). It is Norman and is now a lovely spot to visit with an atrium bistro-cafe, a museum, and a birds eye view of the town. It also housed the North West Sound Archives, maybe it still does, I don't know.
I haven't been up to the castle for years since the children were small although we go into town often but I didn't know about the sound archives must do research
Carol

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very nice photo, @JohnEGreen . Thank you for posting it. :)

No castles where I live (although my sister once took part in a piano recital in a local house known as The Castle and we have a couple of other houses called "castle"). I have visited The Tower of London! ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just realised still had all my teeth when that photo was taken sigh

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't been up to the castle for years since the children were small although we go into town often but I didn't know about the sound archives must do research
Carol

It's that long steep climb up from the bottom that puts me off!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not as easy to photoshop though!! A bit of air brushing works wonders, not that I do it, but others do. :hilarious:
Air brushing? Mine would need a pneumatic pressure washer!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One of the contestants on tonight's Wheel of Fortune just said he is a med student studying heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.

I hope he wins tonight's game!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Back home from our weekend away and back to work today but I'm finishing at 4pm to go to the O2 to see Take That and their support act Rick Astley :D

Sounds like you've all had a good cathedral & castle debate over the weekend. We have visited many castles, cathedrals & churches on our travels.

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My ambition is to visit all the castles and such that have been connected in some way with people I've found in my family tree in the past always have had an interest in history and it gives me a sence of connection to the past you know roots and all that trouble is there are quite a few of them to try and get round.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My ambition is to visit all the castles and such that have been connected in some way with people I've found in my family tree in the past always have had an interest in history and it gives me a sence of connection to the past you know roots and all that trouble is there are quite a few of them to try and get round.
That will be all castles John as we are only 7 places of seperation from being related to anyone stranger (of the same ethnic dna, I'd imagine).

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Especially in Wales!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lunch without insulin today :hungry:
59947501_10217501461322762_4783852930698575872_n.jpg

(aubergine, chorizo and cheese. If you decide to try it, make sure the aubergine is almost done before adding the cheese)

Reactions: heh