Another libre thread ..

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
Sorry, i know there are loads of questions about the libre, but i have another ...
Im a bit of a dinosaur, technology wise, so at present i use the freestyle libre scanner with my patch.
However, ive been reading on here ypu can scan with your smart phone. I have a samsung galaxy s6 - can i use this ??

Also can i use my phone and the libre scanner- both with one patch ??

Lastly can anyone point me to an idiot proof set of instructions to use my phone for this ??

Thanks on advance

Reactions: Knikki

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is available on Google play store

and their website states:
Android

• Operating system: Android 5.0 or higher
• Near-Field Communication (NFC): Your smartphone must have NFC capabilities and NFC must be enabled.

You set up an account on the app, then scan your sensor

https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/products/mobile-app-librelink.html
Hi all,
Sorry, i know there are loads of questions about the libre, but i have another ...
Im a bit of a dinosaur, technology wise, so at present i use the freestyle libre scanner with my patch.
However, ive been reading on here ypu can scan with your smart phone. I have a samsung galaxy s6 - can i use this ??

Lastly can anyone point me to an idiot proof set of instructions to use my phone for this ??

Thanks on advance

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
To use both the reader and your phone you must start the sensor with the reader and then scan it with your phone within its 60 min setup time - if its after than that it's too late to get your phone to be able to scan it.

I use both - I find the reader much easier and more discreet to use, but find the info and displays on the phone much more useful - scanning with my phone is a bit of a faff (it's getting older and the NFC has never been anywhere near as good as the reader)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
from my experience, if you scan with your libre meter first, you can scan again on your phone. but if you scan with your phone, you can't scan it with your libre meter.

D

Deleted Account

Great, thanks. ... better see if i can find the app
Search for "LibreLink" in the Play Store. Install the first one that comes up. It has a yellow icon.
And don't forget to enable NFC on your phone.
Then you can scan to your heart's content and leave the reader at home.

I believe in you... You can do it

Reactions: jackthejoker

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Search for "LibreLink" in the Play Store. Install the first one that comes up. It has a yellow icon.
And don't forget to enable NFC on your phone.
Then you can scan to your heart's content and leave the reader at home.

I believe in you... You can do it
Thanks
Im a serious technophobe, but seem to have managed to get the app.

The thing i dont like so far is that the phone and scanner dont share info

Plus my phone is in a case so the scanning isnt as easy as with the scanner

But once im used to itl itll definatly be more convenient using my phone. I think.

D

Deleted Account

The thing i dont like so far is that the phone and scanner dont share info
The way I understand it, when you scan, you download all the data on the sensor. This is 8 hours of data regardless when you last scanned. If you last scanned 10 minutes ago, it will update the last 10 minutes onto the scanner you used. If you last scanned 10 hours ago, it will download the last 8 hours and the first 2 hours will be blank.
As you have found, there is no way to input data into your scanner (reader or phone) apart from from the sensor which is why they do not "share data".

Reactions: porl69

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone . So this is another new thing for me to get my head around !

Reactions: porl69

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't have a reader anymore, I broke it so I just use my phone. It will start a new sensor no problem.