T2s: What was your fasting BG this morning, and what did you eat yesterday?

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday May 12
FBG at 0905 was 5.2, food yesterday was;

cleaning garage to start rebuilding 4.0 L V6 engine on old Land Rover we bought for a song. I know I'm stupid but I just can't stop myself...
Mechanic nephew rebuilding his 4.0 in a Jeep Cherokee 4x4,I have a 4.0 V8 in my 1998 Lexus LS400,crazy thing puts out 290HP and 300 ft/lbs of torque,has 250,000 MILES and runs like a champ and gets 25 MPG at 70 MPH and 16-17 around mountain.That 4.0 seems a magical number.

Reactions: Shas3
D

Deleted member 371625

Tuesday 14/5
FBG (05:30) Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (almond milk), strawberries, blackcurrants, pecans {276 Cal / 34.3g Carbs}
……………………………...2 mile run
……………………………...5 km on rowing machine [23 min 48 sec]
Breakfast 2 (8.30am): Garlic mushrooms, toast (one slice, sourdough)/
Juice from one orange {124 Cal / 20.4g Carbs}

Snack (9am): Banana {62 Cal / 14.1g Carbs}
….………………………...….2 mile run
……………………………….7 x 500m [sprints, 1 minute rests] on rowing machine

Lunch (12pm): Squash, coconut & chilli soup {109 Cal / 16.5g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad {269 Cal / 5.1g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {120 Cal / 11.4g Carbs}

Snack (2pm): Peach, cashews {75 Cal / 8.6g Carbs}
………………………………2 hours gardening

BG (6pm) 4.3
Dinner (6pm): Salmon fillet, celeriac & sweet potato fries, peas, sweetcorn {452 Cal / 30.7g Carbs}
Apricot tart [something I make with the first apricots of the year] {221g Cal / 26.9 Carbs}

4 cups of coffee (2 decaf)

Calories 1786
Carbs 178.5g
Protein 103.5g
Fat 63.1g (Sat Fat 13.6g / Trans fats 0.3g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 last night
5.8 at 3.30 AM well...
6.0 at 6.00 AM

I am happy at the consistency. Last night’s dinner was salmon and garden salad. I used some white wine in the dressing and realized the wine was on the sweet side. Wasn’t my favorite wine but I still had a small glass with dinner. I was a bit unsure how this would impact my numbers but they don’t look too bad.... I guess the bottle in the fridge will be done soon

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 last night
5.8 at 3.30 AM well...
6.0 at 6.00 AM

I am happy at the consistency
. Last night’s dinner was salmon and garden salad. I used some white wine in the dressing and realized the wine was on the sweet side. Wasn’t my favorite wine but I still had a small glass with dinner. I was a bit unsure how this would impact my numbers but they don’t look too bad.... I guess the bottle in the fridge will be done soon
Good numbers Shas3,LIKE.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday 14/05/2019

07:40 Breakfast: Oven Cooked Omelette and Small piece of Homemade Bread
Two spoons of Nuts Mixture

Cycle to Work and back home Cycling
3 Green Tea and One Black Coffee at work

18:30 Blood Sugar Before Dinner 5.1

18:30 Dinner- Cauliflower, Broccoli rice
Chicken Curry
Salad and Papad

Wednesday 15/05/2019
FGB(06:20) - 6.1

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May 15 Wednesday

FBG at 0730 was 5.4, food yesterday was;

Breakfast: 3/4 cup honey nut cheerios w/2% milk, black tea, 500 mg metformin
Lunch: chunk of black forest ham and a piece of brie cheese, 4 dried apricots, black tea
Dinner: Roast chicken, garden salad w/Kraft Catalina dressing, glass of red wine, 500 mg metformin
Snack: shot of tequila, 2 glasses of rum w/diet Pepsi, 1/2 small package of pork rind puffs (cracklings)

Temp about 12C and cloudy with rain, working on daughter's TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) in her Chrysler product, not for the faint of heart! Looks like eating anything before bed somehow causes my FBG to be slightly higher so I'll have to try not to snack on any real food late at night.

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mechanic nephew rebuilding his 4.0 in a Jeep Cherokee 4x4,I have a 4.0 V8 in my 1998 Lexus LS400,crazy thing puts out 290HP and 300 ft/lbs of torque,has 250,000 MILES and runs like a champ and gets 25 MPG at 70 MPH and 16-17 around mountain.That 4.0 seems a magical number.
Those engines are the "good" ones, this is the Ford (German designed) SOHC "Cologne" engine, at highway speed the rear timing chain (passenger side) has let loose and some internal parts have collided with each other. This will necessitate engine removal and may try to install a Ford Explorer engine if I can figure out how to make the sensors play well with the Land Rover engine control unit. Good thing I worked with industrial electronics in my former life...

D

Deleted member 371625

Wednesday 15/5
FBG (05:30) 4.3
Exercise free day today

Breakfast (8am): Ham, eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, toast (one slice, sourdough)/
Juice from half a grapefruit {409 Cal / 28.9g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Mushroom & fennel soup {88 Cal / 4.9g Carbs}
Chicken, hummus & avocado salad {334 Cal / 12.4g Carbs}
Apricot tart, raspberries, almonds {227 Cal / 27.6g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Prawn, squash & mango curry, rice {411 Cal / 49.9g Carbs}
Nectarine, strawberries, yoghurt, walnuts {121g Cal / 11.1g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee (3 decaf)

Calories 1669
Carbs 145.6g
Protein 112.4g
Fat 60.8g (Sat Fat 19.9g / Trans fats 0.6g)

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My number today is KETONES! Got urine dipstix and they test 0.5-trace,and 1.5-small and 4.0-moderate....I got 1.5 to 4 scale so Im for sure putting out Ketones,YAY!

Tonight's treat....Greek Yogurt with blackberries,man alive is that good!Tart tasting yogurt with sweet blackberries.Its as good as any flavored ice-cream is IMO.

Last edited:

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday 15/05/2019

07:40 Breakfast: Overnight oats with Homemade Yogurt and Berries and Almond Butter

18:30 Blood Sugar Before Dinner 4.7

18:30 Dinner- Cauliflower, Broccoli rice
Chicken Curry
Salad and Papad

Thursday 16/05/2019
FGB(06:20) - 5.7

Last edited:
Reactions: enb54 and Prem51

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really hungry yesterday so only 5 hr fast today before testing

0510-FBG-4.88
0730-2 sausage patties,homemade Jimmy Dean clones from internet recipe,2 eggs over easy,tomato
1300-Random glucose-5.5

1500-Random-6.5-Stress?Allergy? Red rash on chest.Drove Jeep around town for shopping, errands,gas gauge not working,traced to bad ground to instrument panel.Jeep is cool but its no Lexus,power nothing,1960's steering and brakes :eek: ,ie,it works....for 1967,LOL.However,in snow Lexus is no Jeep! ;)
Took 25 mg Benadryl (Diphenhydramine).Rash gone.

1700-Green beans,broccoli steamed with cheese sauce(Dang that was good!),zucchini steamed and buttered,fried pork chop
1945-Greek plain yogurt with blackberries

0645-FBG after 11 hr fast-5.0
Beautiful rainy,lazy day.Saw a neighbor walking by in rain,yes it really is a nice rain.Tomorrow Snookie,husky shepherd mix, goes to vet,fur-ball hairy daughter is NOT allowed in 'Moms' car :stop:,say hello to jeep!Will see if driving Jeep plays with sugars,never know until I test it.Im betting rash was allergens blown in pre storm and thats the sugar anomaly.

Last edited:

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday May 16

FBG at 0740 was 5.4, food yesterday was;

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette Japanese (tamagoyaki) style attempted w/tabasco sauce, black tea, 500 mg metformin
Lunch: 1/4 cup blueberries, 4 dried apricots, black tea
Dinner: chicken pot pie, 1/4 cup blueberries, glass of California red wine, 500 mg metformin

Snack: 1 glass white rum w/diet Pepsi

Temp here is +8C, cloudy and windy, poor breakfast omelette tamagoyaki skills make it a scrambled egg dish usually. Drank about a liter of water after dinner to compensate for all the carbs in the crust and gravy of the chicken pot pie, won't be having that again for a long time, although I do persist in gobbling down blueberries (nearly as bad!). Working on fiberglass bumper repair and checking TIPM module, electrical shenanigans persist.

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What I like about this kind of thread is that they have changed the Diabetes world in what diets/activities work and shows our actual numbers and foods.Our diet over meds successes,be they partial or total,the results can no longer be denied.

'The powers that be' are FORCED to face it whether they like it or not.They can no longer say it isnt 'proven' when WE ARE DOING IT,though they still fight it and say their advice is right because these arent double blind studies,need more studies, etc,yada yada yada.They can NEVER say the simple words "WE WERE WRONG" They just cant,and wont.

This is the power of the internet and the power of we the people.So I post my diet and will continue to do so,call me a liar,say it isnt proven,etc....its out there.;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 371625

Thursday 16/5
FBG (05:30) Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (almond milk), peach, blueberries, walnuts {266 Cal / 35.4g Carbs}
….………………………...….2 mile run
……………………………….7 x 500m [sprints, 1 minute rests] on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8.30am): Mackerel, toast (one slice, sourdough)/ Tangerine {232 Cal / 19.0g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Squash, coconut & chilli soup {104 Cal / 15.7g Carbs}
Prawn & avocado salad/ Melba toast, hummus {256 Cal / 15.4g Carbs}
Mango, strawberries, yoghurt, pecans {137 Cal / 11.1g Carbs}

Dinner (6pm): Roast chicken, celeriac mash, cauliflower, peas, sweetcorn {427 Cal / 32.5g Carbs}
Blackberries, raspberries, yoghurt, biscotti {100 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), peanut butter, hazelnut milk {158 Cal / 12.0g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee (3 decaf)

Calories 1759
Carbs 161.6g
Protein 120.6g
Fat 58.5g (Sat Fat 12.4g / Trans fats 0.3g)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 @ 6.0

Last night was a vegetable soup.... with a slice of rye bread and a bit of cheese... I find rye bread quite filling while not spiking BG level

Friday... officially the weekend is here... hope everyone has a peaceful and joyful weekend

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday 16/05/2019

07:40 Breakfast: Oven cooked omelette

19:00 Blood Sugar Before Dinner 4.9

19:00 Dinner- salmon pan fried
Cauliflower, Broccoli and carrots stir fry
Egg curry with tomato
Salad and Papad

Friday 17/05/2019
FGB(07:00) - 6.4

enb54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday May 17

FBG 5.2 at 0730, food yesterday was;

Breakfast: 3/4 cup honey nut cheerios w/2% milk, tea with 18% cream and splenda, 500 mg metformin
Lunch: 1/4 cup blueberries, 4 dried apricots, black coffee
Dinner: hamburger patty (bbq) on lettuce leaf w/tomato, onion, relish, mustard, green salad w/Kraft Thousand Islands dressing, glass of red wine, 500 mg metformin
Snack: small bowl zero calorie raspberry Jello, 2 hefty slugs of white rum w/diet Pepsi

Temp here is 10C with partly cloudy skies, have not yet been poisoned by acetone and fiberglas(s) resin/hardener fumes or electrocuted, carrying on with Chrysler repairs, preparing for Land Rover adventures in recovery...

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
0646-FBG tested after 11 hr fast-5
1215-16.5 hr fast-1 dill pickle
1310-2 sausage patty,2 eggs over easy,tomato and avocado (small)
1830-Air fried chicken breast with skin,Broccoli,cauliflower,carrot,mushrooms,kale from garden, with cheese sauce

0630-FBG tested after12 hr fast-5.22

Im seeing a slow rise in FBG after 2 days having cheese sauce thats home shredded cheese and half and half milk (half milk,half cream) Looks like cheese sauce is moving into the treat category from everyday diet category

Now tell me,how on earth could somebody know this without home testing? Im a BIG home testing advocate.

Last edited: