Can we call this a success story?

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
So today I was alerted to the fact that my barely two year story of Diabetes has been published on the Hull Daily Mail website!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/health/diabetes-man-loses-7st-reverses-2875514

I suppose technically the whole thing happened in the far off time of January when I found this amazing forum and the lovely people here that gave me the advice that catapulted me to better health and remission of my Diabetes. Looking at that old picture of mine, I know that it was a terrible one for them to pick but honestly? Proves a point of how bad I was even back then!

With fasting and random numbers constantly in the 4's and the highest post meal rises in the mid-5's now I can safely say that I am beating this and the only con?

The jeans I bought hardly a month ago are two inches too small now... :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So today I was alerted to the fact that my barely two year story of Diabetes has been published on the Hull Daily Mail website!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/health/diabetes-man-loses-7st-reverses-2875514

I suppose technically the whole thing happened in the far off time of January when I found this amazing forum and the lovely people here that gave me the advice that catapulted me to better health and remission of my Diabetes. Looking at that old picture of mine, I know that it was a terrible one for them to pick but honestly? Proves a point of how bad I was even back then!

With fasting and random numbers constantly in the 4's and the highest post meal rises in the mid-5's now I can safely say that I am beating this and the only con?

The jeans I bought hardly a month ago are two inches too small now... :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone!

Would that be two inches too large?

Seriously, fabulously well done.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is wonderful. Of course it is a success story, and well done for the mention of this forum and the low carb programme. Let's hope your story reached out to many readers. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done on your personal achievements and also spreading the word! Fantastic all round!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks again everyone!

I love a bit of profanity to add to the tone of my messages (as the poor mods know) but I’m not allowed so...

You rock! In more ways than one, jolly good show old bean.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Looking at that old picture of mine, I know that it was a terrible one for them to pick but honestly? Proves a point of how bad I was even back then!
Was that really you? Amazing eh!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Most definitely a success story. It is embarrassing when they use the old you photos but it really does have impact. Visual stuff like that is very persuading so well done you on putting your amazing story out there and helping others realise there is a choice and a way forward.
Great that you have had such amazing results

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed
M

Member496333

Of course, don’t forget that it’s only a partial success. Your diabetes is in remission but you’re going to drop dead tomorrow from chronic keto crotch. If only you’d have eaten all your healthy whole grains in the first place eh? Tut tut.

:cool:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Haven't given one of these out for a while,
upload_2019-5-17_16-32-34.png

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Brilliant! :D:D:D
Thank you so much!

Amazing ...well done yet another site

SUPERSTAR!
Thanks a lot and I really appreciate the ostentatious pink letters too!

Would that be two inches too large?

Seriously, fabulously well done.
Oh bother you're right! Hahaha, I will have to change that and thank you!

That is wonderful. Of course it is a success story, and well done for the mention of this forum and the low carb programme. Let's hope your story reached out to many readers. :)
Thank you and I really do hope so too, you all were so invaluable and helped me to turn a dark bit of news into a win that will keep me going through life. I really could not have done this without you all.

Very well done on your personal achievements and also spreading the word! Fantastic all round!
Thanks so much and I aim to keep it up, got a few more diabetic family members to get to!

Of course, don’t forget that it’s only a partial success. Your diabetes is in remission but you’re going to drop dead tomorrow from chronic keto crotch. If only you’d have eaten all your healthy whole grains in the first place eh? Tut tut.

:cool:

I am the one :cool: N=1 in fact! Oh trust me I am going to weaponize that keto crotch and chase after all of these people that are telling me to eat whole grains. If I drop dead tomorrow at least I know I made an impact :smug:

Good work getting the message out there.
Thank you! It's a message more than worth talking about!

I love a bit of profanity to add to the tone of my messages (as the poor mods know) but I’m not allowed so...

You rock! In more ways than one, jolly good show old bean.
So do you as well! Honestly a member that has inspired me and don't worry about the profanity, I can see where you would put it ;) Thank you!

Was that really you? Amazing eh!
Surprised me when I saw it as well, that was taken a few years back when I was still rocking the 24 stone weight or there abouts at a Halloween party. Thank you!

Most definitely a success story. It is embarrassing when they use the old you photos but it really does have impact. Visual stuff like that is very persuading so well done you on putting your amazing story out there and helping others realise there is a choice and a way forward.
Great that you have had such amazing results
I'm grateful for them using that because seeing what I look like now really does show me I am on the right track to getting my health back. Thank you ever so much, if I could do half of what yourself and the others do at getting the word out there then I would do it in a heart beat.

FAB-U-LOUS!
Thank you! Gonna keep it up!

Haven't given one of these out for a while,
View attachment 32957
upload_2019-5-17_18-10-29.png

Thank you! Glad I could give you a reason to use it!

Great job there, lad. And kudos for spreading the word!
I'm going to keep doing my best, thank you ever so much!

Go on preaching the good news.
That's going to be the aim of my life to keep telling people that there is always hope! Thank you!

What a transformation! You have absolutely turned your life around. Wonderful.
Seriously appreciated Diakat, took a while but I'm here! Thank you!

Wow, amazing! Huge congratulations. :)
Awwwwwh thank you! That's great of you to say!

Whew I wanted to say thanks to each one of you because this forum has been a boon to me for the longest time even though it's not even been half a year! I am still a work in progress but if it's progress that inspires others my age? I'll gladly show it. Thank you all, once more for your continued love and support.