burry vison again

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
six months ago i starte low carb high fat cos my sugar was 106 11 weeks late down to 59, i was getting intermittent blurry vision , I know why this was happening . It settled down and stopped around six weeks after controlling sugar levels. My eye sight is amazing crystal clear, but today i woke up and my eyes are blurry just like before .

Is it normal six months on for this to happen again .

My readings are upon waking 5.9 and 6.5.
Pre and post meals all under 7.5.

My eyes do feel like I've been in the wind and feel dry maybe this is the reason ?

thanks wackyjacky aka Charis xx

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @WackyJacky64,
I would suggest you see your doctor pronto to ascertain what is happening.
You may need to arrange for someone to transport you as driving yourself maybe dangerous.
Best Wishes for a straightforward answer and treatment.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@WackyJacky64 - It's oviously entirely your choice, but if I had unexplained blurred vision I would not be waiting two weeks to have someone look at it. A lot - good and bad - can happen in two weeks.

If your optician won't see you, after an explanation, try another.

My sight is extremely precious to me.

Reactions: kitedoc

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
@WackyJacky64 - It's oviously entirely your choice, but if I had unexplained blurred vision I would not be waiting two weeks to have someone look at it. A lot - good and bad - can happen in two weeks.

If your optician won't see you, after an explanation, try another.

My sight is extremely precious to me.
I don't know what else to do I can't force the optician to see me i explained I am type 2 and have blurry vision and never seemed to make a difference .

My vision is back to normal now . I rinsed my eyes out with some warm water and it has cleared them. I now think it is caused by tiredness and dry eyes as I am not sleeping at all well .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what else to do I can't force the optician to see me i explained I am type 2 and have blurry vision and never seemed to make a difference .

My vision is back to normal now . I rinsed my eyes out with some warm water and it has cleared them. I now think it is caused by tiredness and dry eyes as I am not sleeping at all well .

Did you tell the optician the burry vision came on suddenly? I would have hoped that would have piqued some interest, bearing in mind sme of the potential causes.

Thankfully it looks like you may have sorted it out, but sudden onset blurred vision shouldn't be "parked" for any time, in my personal view.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Did you tell the optician the burry vision came on suddenly? I would have hoped that would have piqued some interest, bearing in mind sme of the potential causes.

Thankfully it looks like you may have sorted it out, but sudden onset blurred vision shouldn't be "parked" for any time, in my personal view.
Hi , I did tell the opticians that it came on this morning , but never seemed to make any difference. I will go to out of hours if it returns, does seem to be dryness though and feels like sand in my eyes. I've been working outside in the garden for a week so it could be that as its been windy where we live although sunny and warm.
I thank you for your advise and concern I appreciate it very much . I will go to the doctors Monday regardless though and get it checked out he might give me some drops to ease the dryness .

Reactions: kitedoc and DCUKMod

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
no blurred vision today crystal clear, i really think it was my eyes that were dry from being out in the wind , but i am going to the doctors tomorrow to get checked out put my mind at peace .