1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

burry vison again

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by WackyJacky64, May 18, 2019.

1. WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

six months ago i starte low carb high fat cos my sugar was 106 11 weeks late down to 59, i was getting intermittent blurry vision , I know why this was happening . It settled down and stopped around six weeks after controlling sugar levels. My eye sight is amazing crystal clear, but today i woke up and my eyes are blurry just like before .

Is it normal six months on for this to happen again .

My readings are upon waking 5.9 and 6.5.
    Pre and post meals all under 7.5.

My eyes do feel like I've been in the wind and feel dry maybe this is the reason ?

thanks wackyjacky aka Charis xx

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @WackyJacky64,
    I would suggest you see your doctor pronto to ascertain what is happening.
    You may need to arrange for someone to transport you as driving yourself maybe dangerous.
    Best Wishes for a straightforward answer and treatment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. WackyJacky64

no doctors open on a Saturday .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Rachox

Rachox Other · Type 2 - well controlled. Moderator.
    Staff Member

Do you have an eye hospital casualty/drop in or alternatively go to an optician?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. WackyJacky64

Just made an appointment at optitions Thursday June 6, and i will go to the doctors on Monday .

• Like Like x 2
  6. WackyJacky64

Just booked an appointment at the optician June 6

• Like Like x 2
  7. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

@WackyJacky64 - It's oviously entirely your choice, but if I had unexplained blurred vision I would not be waiting two weeks to have someone look at it. A lot - good and bad - can happen in two weeks.

If your optician won't see you, after an explanation, try another.

My sight is extremely precious to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WackyJacky64

I don't know what else to do I can't force the optician to see me i explained I am type 2 and have blurry vision and never seemed to make a difference .

My vision is back to normal now . I rinsed my eyes out with some warm water and it has cleared them. I now think it is caused by tiredness and dry eyes as I am not sleeping at all well .

• Like Like x 1
  9. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Did you tell the optician the burry vision came on suddenly? I would have hoped that would have piqued some interest, bearing in mind sme of the potential causes.

Thankfully it looks like you may have sorted it out, but sudden onset blurred vision shouldn't be "parked" for any time, in my personal view.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WackyJacky64

Hi , I did tell the opticians that it came on this morning , but never seemed to make any difference. I will go to out of hours if it returns, does seem to be dryness though and feels like sand in my eyes. I've been working outside in the garden for a week so it could be that as its been windy where we live although sunny and warm.
    I thank you for your advise and concern I appreciate it very much . I will go to the doctors Monday regardless though and get it checked out he might give me some drops to ease the dryness .

• Like Like x 2
  11. WackyJacky64

no blurred vision today crystal clear, i really think it was my eyes that were dry from being out in the wind , but i am going to the doctors tomorrow to get checked out put my mind at peace .

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook