Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just tuned into Eurovision.......***?
Nana banana. This has got to be the anthem for the forum. PMSL at the moment.:):):):)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Right so my votes go fore Russia really good voice and not bad production, Denmark her song was great and of course Iceland :hilarious:

Man this is hard to type when drunk..........:cat::hilarious:

France won't win but the dancers were fantastic and the singer was certainly odd but again had a good voice but forgettable song.
You mean we’re not winning :arghh::arghh:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Apparently 50g of IV glucose is the standard medical "get you out of a hypo quick" treatment - Dr friend said it's pretty much an instant fix. Trouble is it can go wrong - not the too much glucose thing, but the IV bit of the injection, so you need to be properly medically trained. (the idea is the too much glucose bit can be sorted out when you've come round). I don't think I'd recommend it.

I've only had the glucagon when unconscious - if conscious, even though I may be reluctant, I can be eventually persuaded to eat.

It's another thing that the libre helps with - settles the "am I hypo" question really quickly, so no "You're low" "No I'm not" "Yes you are" argument required - I'll believe the numbers and do something about it.
Not much fun if the glucose leaks outside the vein!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
When at work you use the dregs of your coffee to prime your insulin pen and then on the way to the kitchen to wash your cup some time later you've forgotten what you did and take a sip of the insulin infused cold coffee - YUKS!
Think of the protein boost it would give you !

Reactions: urbanracer

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
why post an avatar of your opposite self?
A reverse doppelganger, maybe?
Any Freudians on site?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Saturday fellow pickers and pumpers
I had a great night last night enjoying the start of the local art festival : a night of free Live music in parks, squares, ex train stations and other venues. The musical variety was wonderful:, choirs in a church, Blues Brothers on the band stand, folk whilst eating pizza, hip hop in the comedy club, ska next door and my favourite, bluegrass versions of recent hits (like Gold digger) in the middle of a Georgian Square.
BG was great throughout the night (with a combo bolus, pizza is no problem). However, I did not sleep well and, today has been a bit like my new avatar. Apart from a trip to the garden centre for some heavy bags of stone chips that I had to lug up my vertiginous garden. Just have to spread it around and plant my new rosemary bush. It is needed for future pizzas.

Right, that's what was happening as I passed through on my way to a gig near a unspecified location at a tight lipped venue, in a neighbouring town on Friday night. ;) It didn't look like the usual boule set up..

Sounds great!

Just come back from another gig a little further in its geographic position. Bit late with my basal but the BGs faired pretty well too.
I've been feeling the love these last two days, with an unusual unwarranted "chat up" involving quad bikes.. o_O
Don't ask.. Inspite of waving my wedding ring like a "Jedi" no hint taken..

I'll be setting of to Bordeaux region Sunday evening, I'll slap on a Libre for this fortnight jaunt.. :)
If anything, to uphold my theory that driving a certain Jap import vehicle don't raise BG...

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well I'm definitely covered in pink and white fur, and my eyes really are little black buttons so I have been ultra truthful with my avvie!

Reactions: karen8967

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe but for someone of her calibure it did not sound good, sounded out of tune and lacked any real power to her voice, I've seen her in other TV live shows and she sounded much better, to be honest she sounded out of tune :(

Yes we certainly did :hilarious: I thought he was good and a way better tune than we have entered in the last few years but he came last which was a shame and I wonder if it the votes have something to do with the shambles of the last few years :(

Netherlands won with a bloke that has a very English name Duncan Laurence, good sound, good song, one bloke and a piano, his voice was really good and he could hold a note but, to me, the song lacked the flamboyance of certainly last years song. However well done him and look forward to seeing what happens next year :)

Oh morning, starts the day in the low 4s so I am happy.

Angel Delight today :D
Unfortunately when you look at the voting trends Eurovision is political and, as we have voted to leave the EU, he was on a hiding to nothing from the start - poor chap like a lamb to the slaughter. Mint sauce anybody!!! Apologies to @WuTwo, @Mel dCP and other non carnivores here.

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Totally understand @Daphne917 - your comment made me chuckle though because my backscreen pic at the moment is a lamb with a speech bubble saying "Eat your own effing leg" (edited for the actual word used ....)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, yes I watched the Euro-funny-vision, Australia :confused: I liked Czech republic, Denmark, The UK was pleasant, but was already doomed, Iceland was :wacky: I was going to say political, but then the whole show is, also noticed a few boo's here and there :oops: I heard Madonna singing on the way home, she was out of tune and the song lacked something, so in fitting with Euro-funny-vision o_O
Have a great Sunday folks.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well Madonna has just turn up and looks like she has conjunctivitis in one eye and as she has a new album why is she singing a song from 30 years ago?

Probably trying to recapture her youth, the Madonna that once was and she will be 61 in August, so we are practically twins :D:p

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Probably trying to recapture her youth, the Madonna that once was and she will be 61 in August, so we are practically twins :D:p

In that case you and I are long-lost sisters!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Maybe but for someone of her calibure it did not sound good, sounded out of tune and lacked any real power to her voice, I've seen her in other TV live shows and she sounded much better, to be honest she sounded out of tune :(

Yes we certainly did :hilarious: I thought he was good and a way better tune than we have entered in the last few years but he came last which was a shame and I wonder if it the votes have something to do with the shambles of the last few years :(

Netherlands won with a bloke that has a very English name Duncan Laurence, good sound, good song, one bloke and a piano, his voice was really good and he could hold a note but, to me, the song lacked the flamboyance of certainly last years song. However well done him and look forward to seeing what happens next year :)

Oh morning, starts the day in the low 4s so I am happy.

Angel Delight today :D

Slap a UK sticker on him and where would he be :(:rolleyes:

Reactions: kitedoc

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ummm, to use a very old fashioned phrase..... I should cocoa!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I'd send emergency nut roasts though!