Daisy is stepping down

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is a day of mixed emotions. On the upside, we have some new Mods t welcome to the team, but on the downside, @daisy1 has decided to step down from her absolutely tireless efforts in distributing the important messages for new members.

Without doubt, Daisy's post for new members has positively impacted upon many, many thousands of members.

I feel certain every single one of you will join me in thanking her for her efforts over such a very long time. Daisy will remain a Retired Moderator, so we may see her around the forum from time to time, but please don’t tag, or ask her to post her links any more. It wouldn’t be fair.

For the time being, the Mod Team will be able to help post the information, or anyone can post a link to the information, which can be found here:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Many thanks, and again, particular, huge gratitude to Daisy for her tireless contributions over the years

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you daisy1. Your post was duly delivered to me two years ago on the night of my diagnosis and very helpful it was too.
I’ll just mention that the link is in all mods signatures too, entitled ‘Newly Diagnosed: what you should know’.

D

Deleted Account

Wow! I didn’t realise Daisy was really. I assumed tagging daisy1 triggered a message that was sent to all mods to add the welcome message.
Extra kudos to her for tirelessly being there all the time ... and for being real.

Seriously, is there something programmatically that can be done to share her load?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow thank you Daisy. You have been so amazing and deserve an Oscar. @Brunneria I dont understand how to call up the info that Daisy supplied. Can you please give us the tag please. Many thanks.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! I didn’t realise Daisy was really. I assumed tagging daisy1 triggered a message that was sent to all mods to add the welcome message.
Extra kudos to her for tirelessly being there all the time ... and for being real.

Seriously, is there something programmatically that can be done to share her load?
And I thought daisy1 was a very clever kitten! ;)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am one of the many thousands of folks on here who received daisy1's welcoming post, and I believe I can say for the most of us it gave us a ray of hope at a very dark time in our lives.........

Bless you daisy1 for your kindness, generosity of spirit and the tireless consideration for others you have shown for as long as I can remember.......may you enjoy your well deserved retirement and I for one hope to see you around often.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Daisy, for all the work! I'm not sure how many times I've tagged you in the last two years but you've promptly posted your piece every time you've been tagged <3
Would it be all right to post a copy of your post where we feel it would be useful?

Reactions: jjraak

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Today is a day of mixed emotions. On the upside, we have some new Mods t welcome to the team, but on the downside, @daisy1 has decided to step down from her absolutely tireless efforts in distributing the important messages for new members.

Without doubt, Daisy's post for new members has positively impacted upon many, many thousands of members.

I feel certain every single one of you will join me in thanking her for her efforts over such a very long time. Daisy will remain a Retired Moderator, so we may see her around the forum from time to time, but please don’t tag, or ask her to post her links any more. It wouldn’t be fair.

For the time being, the Mod Team will be able to help post the information, or anyone can post a link to the information, which can be found here:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Many thanks, and again, particular, huge gratitude to Daisy for her tireless contributions over the years
Thank you, Daisy. You will be missed. Enjoy a well deserved break.