What is a thread?

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
Why is this site so difficult to figure out?

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
I am so confused by this site. I would l9ve to understand it but not simple at all. I have been on here only a few times because it is difgicult to navigate. I suppose only techies are meant for it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you looking at it on a small device?
I use a big PC and it seems pretty obvious even for one who started life when a slide rule was high tech.
I still keep two by my desk just in case it all goes pear shaped during my lifetime.

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
No I am using a large tablet. I simply do not understand how to navigate. It took several tries to find how to reply to you. I made a rather long comment earlier but I suppose it was not in correct place. I think I am supposed to give names of people to follow? What is that about? I don't know anyone So how am I supposed to give names? It really makes no sense. Is it possible you mustvstick to one subject in order to post? I may withdraw if the site continues being so alien.

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
You have just started a "thread" which I have just posted to in answer.

Nothing techie about it...
But where is my long comment earlier? I wasted time because it is no where. So in order to post you can only follow one subject?

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
So must stop watching one thread in order to watch a different thread? Why I wonder. I see a unwatch thread. Why?

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
I posted a question and comments about metformin and eating. I would like to know what happened to it.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1E1705ED-13BE-41DA-861C-7546595E895F.jpeg
It takes a little while but gets easier quickly.

You obviously found your way to forums. I’m using an iPad. Possibly other makes will look slightly different but you should get the idea. Different “sections are found where I’ve put blue arrows on the left. You can start a new “thread” or conversation in any of these, just try to pick the most relevant and click the red title words to go to that section and have a read or post in there. Alternatively if you just want to find recent conversations regardless of which sections then the recent posts bit I’ve circled will take you there.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Gmt2 here is a link to some instructional videos about how to use the forums:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/forum-beginners-video-guides.51729/
Just click on the red web address above and it’ll take you to some videos showing how to carry out various tasks on the forum.
Also I have checked your posting history and can’t find any post from you about Metformin and eating. Are you sure you clicked on the green button at the bottom right of the text box which says ‘post reply’ after you had written what you wanted to say?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I posted a question and comments about metformin and eating. I would like to know what happened to it.
From your profile, it looks like you didn't post that thread subject and I've been on and off all day and I haven't seen it.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Gmt2 here is a link to some instructional videos about how to use the forums:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/forum-beginners-video-guides.51729/
Just click on the red web address above and it’ll take you to some videos showing how to carry out various tasks on the forum.
Also I have checked your posting history and can’t find any post from you about Metformin and eating. Are you sure you clicked on the green button at the bottom right of the text box which says ‘post reply’ after you had written what you wanted to say?
Ahh. I’ll stop with my amateur diy guides now you’ve linked to a real one

DawnOfTheZed

@Gmt2
Sorry you're finding this site hard to navigate. I'm using this site using an ios (apple) application (app). In some ways it's easy but there is some functionality loss compared with using the website version. Are you using an ipad and app?
If you're not used to web jargon, perhaps something like this https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/thread.html may be helpful. Just click (tap) on the blue underlined text, it should open in your internet browser directly and you can read that information. Do you have a more experienced technology friend or relative who could show you how to do different things like moving around this forum?

Good luck. Hopefully you'll be zooming around here like you're on roller skates in no time!

Haha! I see others have provided more helpful info. Fab!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gmt2
Sorry you're finding this site hard to navigate. I'm using this site using an ios (apple) application (app). In some ways it's easy but there is some functionality loss compared with using the website version. Are you using an ipad and app?
If you're not used to web jargon, perhaps something like this https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/thread.html may be helpful. Just click (tap) on the blue underlined text, it should open in your internet browser directly and you can read that information. Do you have a more experienced technology friend or relative who could show you how to do different things like moving around this forum? Good luck. Hopefully you'll be zooming around here like you're on roller skates in no time!
On iOS (well on an apple iPad using the safari browser not the app anyway) the links show as red text not blue underlined text just to clarify in case there’s any confusion

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
From your profile, it looks like you didn't post that thread subject and I've been on and off all day and I haven't seen it.
I did write it and am certain it had post written for me to click on. I know I must have been writing in place not for me I suppose. Why does this site not accept different subjects without different areas? In other words just post comments on same page without jumping around all over? So much easier if all comments could be read and replied to in one page with no threads.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chill and learn. Many thousands before you did
I guess there needs to be some form of guidance, otherwise I can imagine people like OP posting an answer under several new threads :hilarious: Maybe one day the mods will pin a short video or step by step post on the main page or dotted around forum categories.

My mum is like OP, in a similar way when she sees her webpage that she opened disappears, I'm like you clicked on the back button :hilarious:

Gmt2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None
On iOS (well on an apple iPad using the safari browser not the app anyway) the links show as red text not blue underlined text just to clarify in case there’s any confusion
Thank you for any info. It is not an easy site to navigate. I am usually on facebook and it is easy. Unfortunately this is not, but I hoped to try new.