1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What is a thread?

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Gmt2, Jun 2, 2019.

1. DawnOfTheZed

DawnOfTheZed · Well-Known Member

Blue hyperlinks for me on iphone but am using the ios app. Thanks for letting me know diff colour settings.

2. Gmt2

Gmt2 Type 2 · Member

Thanks! I will spend the next hours learning more by studying your instructions.

3. Rachox

Rachox Other · Type 2 - well controlled. Moderator.
    Staff Member

I have already posted a link in post #10 to the introduction videos which can be found in the Greetings and Introductions subforum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I guess it needs to be separated for different types of concerns and diabetes. However if you have posted anything today, it'll be under recent threads and we would have all seen it and read it. It takes a while for a thread to sink under 800 posts from 2009. :)

5. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Was Facebook easy the first time you tried it? Maybe it is just because this forum is different from Facebook that you are confused. This is a forum about the various aspect of diabetes so it is divided into sub-fora to help someone, for example, who is only interested Type1 find the right threads.
    Unlike Facebook this forum is primarily about diabetes, not about the people who post. I would recommend going to the menu and selecting "new posts" which cuts across all the sub-fora to read posts. If you reply to them you will automatically be in the right place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Everything is organised by thread topic. They are quite strict about that. If you are used to topics being interrelated then you have to adjust your thinking a bit. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Think of it as a library. All the books go in relevant sections to make it easier to find what you want and to put them into the right places initially

Or use “recent posts” or “new posts” to see just those from all sections.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

You can "watch" multiple threads.
    When you click on the "Watch Thread" link at the top of the page, this means you will receive an alert (or email) when someone adds something new to that thread.
    But you can jump from one thread to another and back again without watching any thread if you have a passing interest.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook