DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jim Lahey
You might be onto something with your raw liver.. although sous vide may help too

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5788147/

Just popped up on twitter from Frowny Face..
As Meaty May draws to a close.. to be followed by who knows what June... thought I'd do an update

Start weight 208.0 pounds End weight 203.2
Start Body fat 26.6% End 26.4%
Start Visceral Fat 12 End 11
Start BMI 28.2 End BMI 27.6

So tightening up a bit has had multiple benefits although maybe not as dramatic as I'd hoped.
I have been down to 201 pounds a couple of times but haven't yet hit the magical sub 200.. maybe June.
Bloods have averaged 4.8 on the Tee2 with a range of 3.7-5.7 and every time have tested have registered ketones.

I hope you enjoyed watching (and participating) as much as I enjoyed the steaks!

I must admit, sous vide for liver had crossed my mind too. My OH doesn't care for it, so I only really have in when I'm on my own, and my cooking of it can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it's beautiful, or it can be like rhino hide.

When you're on carni, when are you returning blood scores of 5.7? I'm astonished you go that high. (High being a totally relative term, as opposed to a blanket judgement.)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
when are you returning blood scores of 5.7
It was an FBG after a particularly disturbed nights sleep I think.. 23 May.
Dinner the night before was a liver, bacon, egg, chipolata fry up.. so nothing particularly carby... no raspberries etc.. was only the once.. also had a 5.6 but that was an FBG too. I seem to be particularly susceptible to DP after a not so good nights sleep.

Reactions: DCUKMod
M

Member496333

So I experimented with vegetables on Friday and Saturday in place of organs. This morning I feel weak, bloated, and generally suboptimal. That’s it for me, I’m done with cellulose. I will stick to consuming what my body is made of - fat and protein. Consider me officially hypercarnivore until further notice.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back after camping in Wales for half term.

Only 2lbs down in 10 days but that’s probably down to increased egg consumption, cheese that I’ve not been eating for a while and more cream than in the last few weeks.
I had a huge protein craving yesterday and today too.

The carnivory continues...

Is there a June thread?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back after camping in Wales for half term.

Only 2lbs down in 10 days but that’s probably down to increased egg consumption, cheese that I’ve not been eating for a while and more cream than in the last few weeks.
I had a huge protein craving yesterday and today too.

The carnivory continues...

Is there a June thread?
Couldn't think of a suitable alliterative title... maybe just carry on here.. we could call it Carnivore Corner?

M

Member496333

Perhaps I can bookend this topic with a recommendation for a show I have just started watching on Netflix called Meat Eater. It’s all about hunting in the wild, and eating the kills. It won’t interest everyone but I find it fascinating.