Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jim Lahey I’m allergic to mushrooms but can’t see me being 100% carnivore. Don’t want to become dogmatic, rather enjoy the delights and health benefits of animal products but if a few nuts and/or some 90% + choc or even the odd vegetable gets thrown in, that’s fine. It’s the moderate part with choc that’s difficult for me.

@Brunneria I may have to get my one remaining oxcheek out of the freezer. They do seem to be the most satiating of meats.

Reactions: Member496333

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re mushrooms... I used to love them. Any way, shape or form. Then about 6 months into carnivory, I experienced a rather unexpected shift.

We went out for a meal (steak pls, the bigger the better, rare, you can send the veg stuff, but it won't get eaten) and I had a mouthful of mushroom. Goodness it was awful. I could barely swallow it. Thought it was just a 'bad' one, but I haven't been able to even stand the smell of them since.

Same thing eventually happened for cauli, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, and cooked tomatoes. Almost any veg with a smell.
It really surprised me.

Still fine with the smell of onions, garlic and spices.

I've never been a fussy eater, and always willing to try new flavours, foods and textures, so when this happened I was stunned. Cauli cheese and garlic mushrooms were amongst my faves. Now I want to leave the kitchen if they are cooking.

But I have to say it has made sticking to carnivore incredibly easy. haha!

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weird happening...
Yesterday made breakfast for hubby's nephew who is staying with us for a few days while his brother does some undisturbed revision for exams. Made him bacon and eggs.. as we had some extra bacon that was a week old cooked that up too..
I had to make sure it was alright so I had a couple of rashers (you know in the interests of food safety!)
During the day I had another couple whilst walking through the kitchen and then inevitably ended up eating all the extra I'd cooked .. a total of 6 rashers. Was then very peckish all afternoon so ended up knocking off some salami that was also a bit old and then had cold roast lamb from the weekend for dinner.
Hubs had bought some raspberries fresh (unusually for us) so I had some of them too with some clotted and double cream.
This morning wake up to a 2 pounds weight gain and some bloating.. any ideas?
Needless to say today back to the OMAD and no fruit!

M

Member496333

Weird happening...
Yesterday made breakfast for hubby's nephew who is staying with us for a few days while his brother does some undisturbed revision for exams. Made him bacon and eggs.. as we had some extra bacon that was a week old cooked that up too..
I had to make sure it was alright so I had a couple of rashers (you know in the interests of food safety!)
During the day I had another couple whilst walking through the kitchen and then inevitably ended up eating all the extra I'd cooked .. a total of 6 rashers. Was then very peckish all afternoon so ended up knocking off some salami that was also a bit old and then had cold roast lamb from the weekend for dinner.
Hubs had bought some raspberries fresh (unusually for us) so I had some of them too with some clotted and double cream.
Needless to say today back to the OMAD and no fruit!

Sneaky fructose? Unlikely though given the circumstances.

Too much protein? :nailbiting:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too much protein? :nailbiting:
Oh stop it..!
This was yesterdays diary..
Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 10.06.27.png

I'm foxed..and quite annoyed because I had been down to 201 pounds (scarily close to sub 200) for a couple of days then went up 1 pound to 202 and am now at 204!

Reactions: Evie-D
M

Member496333

I’m considering going solely eggs and raw organs in the first week of June. Possibly with the odd splash of cream and/or knob of butter to boost fat intake.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m considering going solely eggs and raw organs in the first week of June. Possibly with the odd splash of cream and/or knob of butter to boost fat intake.
Was thinking of just eggs and cream too... maybe some butter..

M

Member496333

@Jim Lahey I’m allergic to mushrooms but can’t see me being 100% carnivore. Don’t want to become dogmatic, rather enjoy the delights and health benefits of animal products but if a few nuts and/or some 90% + choc or even the odd vegetable gets thrown in, that’s fine. It’s the moderate part with choc that’s difficult for me.

@Brunneria I may have to get my one remaining oxcheek out of the freezer. They do seem to be the most satiating of meats.

I heard a term today that’s new to me called ‘hypercarnivore’ which at first glance seems to suggest extreme carnivore, but is actually considered to mean that 70%+ of your diet is derived from animal products. I am starting to think that this may be a suitable definition for my own way of eating.

Reactions: DianaMC

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I heard a term today that’s new to me called ‘hypercarnivore’ which at first glance seems to suggest extreme carnivore, but is actually considered to mean that 70%+ of your diet is derived from animal products. I am starting to think that this may be a suitable definition for my own way of eating.

I think I may also be a member of that club.

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New to me too ...I always thought it would be Dr Shawn Baker and his multiple rib eyes per day way of eating!

M

Member496333

New to me too ...I always thought it would be Dr Shawn Baker and his multiple rib eyes per day way of eating!

In fairness I only heard it once in a podcast, today, but I like how it sounds so I’m sticking with it until something better comes along :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the term hypercarnivore - mainly because it is a much more realistic term than 100% animal products only.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercarnivore
But also because it totally undercuts all that silly one upmanship nonsense i see on other sites, when people claim that twue carnivory means you don’t even drink herb tea,
:D

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Get why you’re baffled. Raspberries look like the likely culprit but doubt you ate very many.

I heard a term today that’s new to me called ‘hypercarnivore’ which at first glance seems to suggest extreme carnivore, but is actually considered to mean that 70%+ of your diet is derived from animal products

Love it.

I think I may also be a member of that clu

Welcome!

I like the term hypercarnivore - mainly because it is a much more realistic term than 100% animal products only.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercarnivore
But also because it totally undercuts all that silly one upmanship nonsense i see on other sites, when people claim that twue carnivory means you don’t even drink herb tea,

Perhaps we need a new sub-forum for hyper-carnivory :D