What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 last night
6.0 this morning
Some days I don’t understand my results at all, yesterday I had a very hard day in the garden & ended up too tired to cook. So it was down to the chippy for haddock & chips followed later by Keto lemon cheesecake with double cream.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 last night
6.0 this morning
Some days I don’t understand my results at all, yesterday I had a very hard day in the garden & ended up too tired to cook. So it was down to the chippy for haddock & chips followed later by Keto lemon cheesecake with double cream.
Confusing at times aren't they? I'm liking the sound of the keto lemon cheesecake :hungry:

Reactions: Shas3

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where do you get low carb digestive biscuits from? Sounds yummy! :hungry:
Actually I should have said the lowest carb content of what was on the shelves. I used 4 Sainsbury’s digestive biscuits with ground almonds to make up the rest. The biscuits are 8.4g each. I figured that just using 4 would be enough to make a nice base and it did

Reactions: Prem51

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually I should have said the lowest carb content of what was on the shelves. I used 4 Sainsbury’s digestive biscuits with ground almonds to make up the rest. The biscuits are 8.4g each. I figured that just using 4 would be enough to make a nice base and it did
Very interesting, thank you for that.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.3 last night
5.5 this morning.

And I must admit the cheese cake we had yesterday did raise my sugars somewhat

Little shop up the road the deli on the hill the proprietor makes them himself "chocolate and hazelnut " and they are simply gorgeous could not resist.

Confíteor Deo omnipoténti
et vobis, fratres,
quia peccávi nimis
cogitatióne, verbo,
ópere et omissióne:
mea culpa, mea culpa,
mea máxima culpa.
Ideo precor beátam Maríam semper vírginem,
omnes angelos et sanctos,
et vos, fratres,
oráre pro me ad Dóminum Deum nostrum.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
11.8 at 2300 yesterday
10.5 at 0800 today
This is exceptionally low for me recently - mornings are usually in the mid teens at least. Insulin and breakfast doesn't improve it at all.

Reactions: Prem51

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 last night and 6.3 this morning...

a bit disappointed but life goes on... I am also not happy with my Onglyza which I believe is causing muscle pain and some weakness in legs.... i am inclined to stop it though my doctor won’t be happy. I am thinking of having a small serving of whey protein drink - probably half a serving / with main meals. As I understand whey does pretty much what Onglyza does. DPP Inhibitor to increase insulin production. I know we need to address insulin resistance and not just increase insulin production but till i am able to get some insulin sensitivity back (with increased work out), I think whey is probably a better way to generate a bit more insulin than Onglyza. At least i get some protein in and hopefully less side effects. I never imagined managing this would be such a painful balancing act

Hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to a good weekend

Triffo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 at 10.30 last night and 6.1 at 8am this morning. These are usually my best readings. The rest of the day I’m up around 11 and 13. I’ve lost the good control I had last year. Working hard to get it back but it’s a struggle.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
10.8 at 0015 this morning (last night)
8.2 at 0800 today
BG seems to be coming back under some control compared to the last few weeks - probably because I zero carbed yesterday. Did the same today until I had a disrupted afternoon and no time to eat which put my reading down to 5.5 but I couldn't go out without food so I bought a serving of chips from a van on my way to town - didn't enjoy them but they only put my BG up to 7.3 (after insulin). Zero, or almost zero carbs has to be the way to go, but I still wonder if I am damaging my kidneys and liver.