HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Good morning everybody.
I used to keep my blood sugar under control. But I have been lost my control other month.
I need some advice to begin my control, So where can I begin?
I hopeful to find someone here who can give me some advising.
Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Back to basics. What are you eating?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Thanks, for your replays, but I used to help myself by exercises.
I stopped it about 3 months ago so, I found A lot of problems like pain at my both foot weakness etc. And control my blood sugar. also I return to bad habit. of course Ramadan helped me. but that not enough.
I'm so sorry if you found mistakes in my typing. as you know I do all my best.
I want to mention I haven't use any Med so far.

Last edited:

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
What do you typically eat for each meal and snack?
Hi
I just eating vegetables, No potato no bread no sugar,no cola the main food it's eggs vegetables, I'm feeling bored.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I imagine Ramadan hasn't helped.

Yes, what are you eating?
Hi
As I said. my main food. No bread no sugar I do all my best, but I think Diabetic problems be came inevitable

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Your graph suggests that you've been diagnosed for 2 years. Is there any chance you could be LADA rather than T2?

What sort of vegetables are you eating? Do you know how many carbs you are eating in a typical day?

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I just eating vegetables, No potato no bread no sugar,no cola the main food it's eggs vegetables, I'm feeling bored.

You're starting over again. It's hard. I know. I've alternated back and forth between the ketogenic diet and the low carb diet for the last 4 years. Four months ago, I decided to get a lot of lab tests done to see where I was. My A1c was 6.3%, up from 5.4% two or three years earlier. Not good.

So I started over again.

This week, I started seeing glucose levels as low as they had been three years ago. I felt so encouraged. Then I attended a social gathering and dinner. I ate a salad (to which I added an oil, vinegar, and strawberry vinaigrette that I made at home), a small cup of chili, a small cup of soup, and a small dessert. I knew I'd eaten too many carbs, so my friend took my things home, and I walked the two to three mile distance home.

As soon as I got home, I checked my glucose level and it was 329 mg/dL (18.3 mmol/L). I was shocked. By the time I went to bed, my glucose level had dropped down to 183 mg/dL (10.2 mmol/L), which was still unacceptably high, but I needed sleep. The following morning, I woke to a fasting blood glucose level of 119 mg/dL (6.6 mmol/L). Much better, but I knew from past experiences that I'd be fighting to regain control of my glucose levels for days, weeks, or months again.

And so now, like you, after 4 months of effort, I'm starting over, again...

It's hard.

I use a combination of intermittent fasting, ketogenic diet, and walking. Taking the time to learn how to make my meals more interesting and varied has helped a lot, as has finding interesting things to do (other than just eating or thinking about what I'm going to eat next).

It's so hard doing it alone. Have you tried to find others in your country who use the ketogenic diet to manage diabetes? How would you do that in your country?

I'm sorry you're having to start over again like me. It's hard, but hopefully, with each passing day, it will begin to get a little easier.

You mention that you stopped exercising due to pain and weakness in your feet. What happened? What do you think was causing the pain and weakness in your feet? Is it better now? the same? or worse?

Last edited:
Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Your graph suggests that you've been diagnosed for 2 years. Is there any chance you could be LADA rather than T2?

What sort of vegetables are you eating? Do you know how many carbs you are eating in a typical day?
Hi. I want to say thanks for everyone who is help me.
In fact I didn't count my carbs just, But I think I have some experience about amount of carbs in every food. I'm also doubt in LADA I need to do that test.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I want to say thanks for everyone who is help me.
In fact I didn't count my carbs just, But I think I have some experience about amount of carbs in every food. I'm also doubt in LADA I need to do that test.

I think that's wise. If you have LADA, that will provide you additional options.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Because of the large amounts of food eaten after sun set. Temptation I suppose.
You right, But not all. somebody got fatten after Ramadan that because they don't control what they eaten especially sugar.But that not Ramadan that just starving.

Reactions: Bluetit1802