Urgh

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really feeling fed up this past few weeks, a type 2 I know is coming off insulin and then says I could've been diagnosed wrongly blah, blah, blah (think the insulin would've killed me by now seen as I've been taking it for nearly 3 years!) and now today someone who has no experience in dealing with diabetes tells me I'm treating my hypo's (I think I know how to treat my own hypo's!) why is it that when they have no experience of what your going through people always think they know better than you? Sorry :( xx

Reactions: nicks2cv

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Really feeling fed up this past few weeks, a type 2 I know is coming off insulin and then says I could've been diagnosed wrongly blah, blah, blah (think the insulin would've killed me by now seen as I've been taking it for nearly 3 years!) and now today someone who has no experience in dealing with diabetes tells me I'm treating my hypo's (I think I know how to treat my own hypo's!) why is it that when they have no experience of what your going through people always think they know better than you? Sorry :( xx
Nothing to be sorry for because that just makes life so much tougher on you when people who have no idea think they know what’s best. You’re the one that has to live this so they should be listening to you and not attempting to apply their situation to yours. You’re doing your best and that is always what matters.

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no idea why there’s so many experts around. Lucky ******* will never know the sheer day in day out grind. Most of the time I’m accepting of my lot but every time I inject I hear a little sob in my head. Sigh. We just have to get on with it I guess. Big hugs.

Edited for veiled language

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a type 2 I would never dream of trying to advise a type 1. I’m so sorry they are doing this and making you feel bad when you are trying your best I’m sure x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
If you let them, there are more that will even aggravate you worse!!!! Like the friend who is a chiro doctor telling me because I didn't get type 1 as a kid I can reverse it. This was just a couple of years ago!!!!!

They're out there!!~!~! Just try your best to either explain it to them or ignore them, whichever makes you happiest!!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Yes, i know the experience and have learned to tolerate it. I usually thank them ask them if they know about lchf diet or Big Food or Big Pharma and to look it up as extra info without giving out my contact details ! Usually the eues glaze over and i can escape !!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I would say this could happen in their enthusiasm and excitement at coming off insulin. I'm sure you can imagine how liberating that could be for someone?

It's not easy, but misinformation is out there everywhere.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kaylz91 after 48 years of it, I pretty much ignore it now..... :)
Maybe one day I'll get there but at the moment I'm still at the stage of being intolerant towards folk who know nothing about it telling me the way I should be do things lol xx

Reactions: porl69