Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast I'm so glad you have some meds that will help. I expect your poor lungs are still recovering to an extent, and don't need to be stressed out. Nice productive visit!

Not sure if it is because of last year, also I am an ex smoker, 9, !/2 years now, plus with the Scoliosis too, my spine is curving. Doc said 'ah yes you are a bit lop sided' lol Inhalers are now given straight away to see if they will help, instead of waiting weeks for the x -ray result to come back, then giving out the Inhalers.
On wards and upwards, painting needs doing...........................:)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
That’s good. This my 2nd day now home. I’m ranging between 7s pre breakfast , 8s around pre lunch , 7s again pre evening meal , then around 7-8 before bedtime. So not bad so far I guess.

For only your second day home you are doing absolutely great! Well done.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just popped on to see Mels zipwire - just wow! Might just do that myself, looks amazing.

Since I’m here, better say welcome to @Delticmatt100 - welcome the the crazy thread!

A rare Sunday appearance from me........I must have time on my hands.......oh yeah it’s Father’s Day so my daughter is doing all the ‘chores’ I normally do.........and pigs can fly!

Take care peeps.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Delticmatt100

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could I just say that I didn't over treat my hypo - I did drop to 3.8 and had some tabs, slowly going up and at 4.5 :angelic:
Small victories eh:D

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just popped on to see Mels zipwire - just wow! Might just do that myself, looks amazing.

Since I’m here, better say welcome to @Delticmatt100 - welcome the the crazy thread!

A rare Sunday appearance from me........I must have time on my hands.......oh yeah it’s Father’s Day so my daughter is doing all the ‘chores’ I normally do.........and pigs can fly!

Take care peeps.

:rolleyes:

Ty for welcome slip and ty everyone. I’m finding my feet here. Great friendly bunch.

Reactions: Antje77

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ty for welcome slip and ty everyone. I’m finding my feet here. Great friendly bunch.
You’re doing great, it’s a steep learning curve and you’ll soon get the hang of things. Mistakes will happen, but they’re a great learning opportunity ;) Learn how your body reacts to stuff, and you’ll get in tune with how to be a pancreas. It’s difficult at times but you’ll learn resilience and resourcefulness. And we’re here to help where we can :)

Reactions: Delticmatt100

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_8238.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
That’s good. This my 2nd day now home. I’m ranging between 7s pre breakfast , 8s around pre lunch , 7s again pre evening meal , then around 7-8 before bedtime. So not bad so far I guess.

That’s very good!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could I ask does anyone recommend glucojuice over coke, orange juice & lucozade. I was shopping around and I do like the idea of it like not over treating hypos and it’s more concentrated in a little bottle. But it is a bit out of my budget compared to glucotabs.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Could I ask does anyone recommend glucojuice over coke, orange juice & lucozade. I was shopping around and I do like the idea of it like not over treating hypos and it’s more concentrated in a little bottle. But it is a bit out of my budget compared to glucotabs.
I find it easier to carry tabs, tbh. They’ll fit in a pocket if I’m travelling light. And I can stash packs everywhere!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having a tea break, just al ittle bit more of the kitchen to paint, then that area will be finished. I pulled out the cooker earlier ( why do I do these things) :rolleyes: and cleaned all the tiles behind it, the sides of the units too, sides of cooker and the floor, it's spotless now :angelic: :happy:
I'm a little breathless, so having a break :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Sorry can't help you, as I don't drink them.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

I'm a tabs woman myself - easier to carry around, shove in my desk, my bag etc.

Reactions: Fairygodmother
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just had some pepper soup, gf bread, so one more bit of painting to do behind the fridge and that's the kitchen part done :)

Reactions: porl69 and WuTwo

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Have Dextrose for daytime hypos and mini cans of coke for the middle of the night. I find the fizz rises me quicker and I just down it and go back to sleep without worrying. It’s the only time I take 15 carbs for a hypo. In the day just one or two tabs and nothing else.