Vaping and Diabeties

Xan2cv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars, nose pickers and eaters especially in public view, sweaty arm pits, smelly feet, DVT's and PE's they hurt a lot. High Sugars.
Hi, I am a vaper and for those of you that are & Diabetic like myself
here are a couple of interesting facts I learn't recently.

Firstly Electronic Cigarette juice consists of a food grade Propylene Glycol base (PG) usually mixed with a certain percentage
of food Grade Vegetable Glycerine or (VG)

When (PG) is inhaled the body metabolises the PG as Lactose and this may cause cramp for some people, usually drinking water
or increasing water intake can resolve this, if it does not then a weaker mix of PG to VG may be necessary.

Vegetable Glycerine on the other hand (VG) Metabolises in the Body as Sugar and anyone using a High Ratio of this usually above 50%
may experience slightly higher sugar levels.

Without going to much into the technical details many people Vape a higher % of VG because it produces more vapour
but it can increase the bodies sugar levels.

I have been a 100% VG vaper and struggled to lower my sugar levels I am now using a 70% PG / 30% VG mix which is probably
the most common mix available at retailers, this has enabled me to reduce my sugars significantly.

Hope this helps someone especially if you know your diet is fine and cannot seem to get those sugar levels down.

Obviously everybody's Metabolic rate is different so it may or may not be having a bigger or lesser effect on your sugar
results. My Morning Highs are a thing of the past now and it seems it was very much down to using 100% VG.

Regards.

Nigel.

Last edited by a moderator:

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a vaper, have been for 2 1/2 years. Never felt better (and richer) apart from the diabetes of course and under-active thyroid, high blood pressure and high cholesterol but all my levels are now coming down.

Reactions: 2 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.

Firstly Electronic Cigarette juice consists of a food grade Propylene Glycol base (PG) usually mixed with a certain percentage

When (PG) is inhaled the body metabolises the PG as Lactose and this may cause cramp for some people, usually drinking water
or increasing water intake can resolve this, if it does not then a weaker mix of PG to VG may be necessary.

Vegetable Glycerine on the other hand (VG) Metabolises in the Body as Sugar and anyone using a High Ratio of this usually above 50%

Without going to much into the technical details many people Vape a higher % of VG because it produces more vapour

I have been a 100% VG vaper and struggled to lower my sugar levels I am now using a 70% PG / 30% VG mix which is probably
the most common mix available at retailers, this has enabled me to reduce my sugars significantly.

Hope this helps someone especially if you know your diet is fine and cannot seem to get those sugar levels down.

Obviously everybody's Metabolic rate is different so it may or may not be having a bigger or lesser effect on your sugar
results. My Morning Highs are a thing of the past now and it seems it was very much down to using 100% VG.

Regards.

Nigel.

south711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Hi, I have been using electronic cigs, as I stopped smoking since November, I always have apple without tobac. not a problem, maybe by using this my diabetic results has been lowered But what ever it is, it is certainly better then smoking. and keeping me off the cigs. Interesting information

Fibromite

Regards.

Nigel.

****, hate the PG and was happy in my no nicotine vaping pass time, now what will I do :0(

GregII

Regards.

Nigel.

****!!!! This has depressed me so much.

When I did my research a couple fo years ago, the indication was that vaping does not effect your sugar levels - but according to this post, that info is a bit wrong.

I have an added complication that I am both Lactose intolerant as well as being diabetic - and I was wodnering how come I was still having the lactose reaction, despite avoiding all dairy religiously and also why my sugar levels are still so high, despite being very strict with my diet and meds.

It seems in one instance, its the PG causing the lactose reaction and the VG effecting my sugars.

I dont want to go abck to smoking again - but this post has really thrown me for a bit of a loop. Unsure what to do now.........

Edited by mod to comply with forum rules on language

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just one word of caution nicotine it's self raises blood sugar though I know many people who do vape zero nicotine vapes as they enjoy making vast clouds of smoke and like the flavours.

mysticlotus

I am a vaper, have been for 2 1/2 years. Never felt better (and richer) apart from the diabetes of course and under-active thyroid, high blood pressure and high cholesterol but all my levels are now coming down.
Oh well done you how did you lose the weight?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Been vaping full VG for a couple of years now, no issues with blood sugars so far.....

A 10ml bottle usually lasts me a couple of days though, so I probably don't use as much as some people...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I once bought a fairly cheap, cola flavoured vape juice. It's the only juice that's ever increased my BG's (but only very slightly).

According to my friend who works in a vape shop:
"Yeah all the liquids have sugar in it but it shouldn't affect your levels. If it does i'm pretty sure we do ones without sugar in."
Not the most clear, but some information nonetheless :hilarious:

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just one word of caution nicotine it's self raises blood sugar though I know many people who do vape zero nicotine vapes as they enjoy making vast clouds of smoke and like the flavours.
I believe nicotine also has an adverse effect on blood vessels. I gave up first ciggies then vaping. Now chew copious quantities of airways chewing gum and my dentist tells me my teeth are knackered. But overall, having teeth that look like a building site is better than no circulation.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been vaping full VG for a couple of years now, no issues with blood sugars so far.....

A 10ml bottle usually lasts me a couple of days though, so I probably don't use as much as some people...
Seriously? lol, I vape more than that in a day! Although I do have 3 mods on the go so that's partly the reason :oops::oops: xx

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
According to my friend who works in a vape shop:
"Yeah all the liquids have sugar in it but it shouldn't affect your levels. If it does i'm pretty sure we do ones without sugar in."
Not the most clear, but some information nonetheless :hilarious:
Very little juices contain sugar, I mix my own juice from scratch and there is only 1 flavour concentrate brand that's bad for having sugar/corn syrup or fructose in the concentrates, so called 'premium' shop bought juices do tend to be overloaded with sucralose though, the most common used being Capella Super Sweet which is sucralose diluted at 20% in pg, I cant tolerate the aftertaste of sucralose and it is also a well known coil killer hence why I started mixing my own, I now admin a popular mixing group on FB too so vaping is also a hobby for me xx

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Seriously? lol, I vape more than that in a day! Although I do have 3 mods on the go so that's partly the reason :oops::oops: xx

Yeah, I don't use it constantly.......not during the day at work anyway......

I am using the coolfire ultra mod with an extended 7ml SMOK tank......on 60w, which seems to be more power than most I have thought...

Reactions: kaylz91

mr_cat

I am old school kayfun lite at 8.5watts home brewed unflavoured mix with a dash of nicotine for a nice peppery nose on it:happy:

Reactions: kaylz91