Recently Diagnosed

• Thread starter Deleted member 508720
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 508720

Sheila - If you are concerned about the email you received, and it appears to have originated from diaabetes.co.uk, it would be helpful if you could forward the email you recieved to [email protected], so it can be investigated.

Diabetes.co.uk takes the safety and security of its members very seriously.
Thank you so much for your reply. The email I received was very strange and I thought it may be a scam. I shall forward the email to you.

Much appreciated
Sheila

Reactions: DCUKMod and Antje77
D

Deleted member 508720

Yes, I agree. I’ve found that to be true. The App is easy though as I can get it on my phone or iPad without loading up the computer!

Sheila

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much, Jo for all this information. I'm sorry if my reply is late - I'm still trying to find my way round this App. I've only just spotted your reply.

It is very kind of you to go to so much trouble. I appreciate the details and links which you've sent me. Thank you also for telling me that diabetes sufferers don't have to pay VAT. I certainly didn't know that!

It's very strange that I've had an email today saying that the App is out of date and no longer works. It wanted me to log in via an intermediary. It's working fine on my Samsung phone (android) but I haven't tried it on my iPad (ios) yet. I'm wondering if it is a scam.

With kind regards
Sheila
The e-mail sounds dodgy, but you already figured that. Well done. ;) And no worries about replies. Quite a few people come on here, ask advice, and are never heard from again. ;) Besides, there's no time frame in which you should reply. I know when I first got on here I didn't have notifications switched on, and while I got loads of messages, I didn't see a single one until days later. And I spend my day basically glued to the computer and smartphone app.

In any case, you're welcome, and if we can do anything to help, let us know. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much for your reply. The email I received was very strange and I thought it may be a scam. I shall forward the email to you.

Much appreciated
Sheila

Sheila - As promised, I made my enquiries today. You should not be concerned about the email. The sender is a bona fide Tapatalk person.

Relating to the DCUK App, it has been updated and is in the queue to be released by the Google Play store. I will let you know when the new release is available for updating.

Do you know if you are actually using the DCUK App or the generic Tapatalk App? That's just my curiosity asking that. It's not a onccern either way.

D

Deleted member 508720

Sheila - As promised, I made my enquiries today. You should not be concerned about the email. The sender is a bona fide Tapatalk person.

Relating to the DCUK App, it has been updated and is in the queue to be released by the Google Play store. I will let you know when the new release is available for updating.

Do you know if you are actually using the DCUK App or the generic Tapatalk App? That's just my curiosity asking that. It's not a onccern either way.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am very pleased that this was bona fide. I can confirm that I am most certainly using the DCUK App on both my mobile phone and my iPad. I’d never heard if Tapatalk before I received their message. I think the reason they somehow became involved was that there was an error when I tried to send a Post. I reported it to Admin. It seems to have stemmed from there. I have no intention of joining them.

I’m pleased to hear that an updated version of the App will soon be available. Thank you for saying that you will let me know when the new release is ready.

Thank you again for your concern and trouble in following this up for me. I very much appreciate it. I am newly diagnosed as diabetic and new to the Forum but I am sure it will be a great help and support to me.

Kind regards
Sheila

Reactions: Antje77

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for your reply. I am very pleased that this was bona fide. I can confirm that I am most certainly using the DCUK App on both my mobile phone and my iPad. I’d never heard if Tapatalk before I received their message. I think the reason they somehow became involved was that there was an error when I tried to send a Post. I reported it to Admin. It seems to have stemmed from there. I have no intention of joining them.

I’m pleased to hear that an updated version of the App will soon be available. Thank you for saying that you will let me know when the new release is ready.

Thank you again for your concern and trouble in following this up for me. I very much appreciate it. I am newly diagnosed as diabetic and new to the Forum but I am sure it will be a great help and support to me.

Kind regards
Sheila

No worries, Sheila. DCUK take members safety and security very seriously. It was good to have some good news for you.

D

Deleted member 508720

The e-mail sounds dodgy, but you already figured that. Well done. ;) And no worries about replies. Quite a few people come on here, ask advice, and are never heard from again. ;) Besides, there's no time frame in which you should reply. I know when I first got on here I didn't have notifications switched on, and while I got loads of messages, I didn't see a single one until days later. And I spend my day basically glued to the computer and smartphone app.

In any case, you're welcome, and if we can do anything to help, let us know. :)

Thanks very much. I’m glad you understand what it’s like getting used to being a member of the Forum and seeing notifications.

I think the Moderator has sorted the problem out now and says it was bona fide. It’s good that they take our safety and security so seriously.

Kind regards
Sheika

D

Deleted member 508720

Thanks very much. I’m glad you understand what it’s like getting used to being a member of the Forum and seeing notifications.

I think the Moderator has sorted the problem out now and says it was bona fide. It’s good that they take our safety and security so seriously.

Kind regards
Sheika

Sorry - I should have written, “Sheila”!

Reactions: JoKalsbeek