1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Recently Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Sheila L, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Sheila L

Sheila L Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your reply. The email I received was very strange and I thought it may be a scam. I shall forward the email to you.

Much appreciated
    Sheila

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sheila L

Yes, I agree. I’ve found that to be true. The App is easy though as I can get it on my phone or iPad without loading up the computer!

Sheila

3. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

The e-mail sounds dodgy, but you already figured that. Well done. ;) And no worries about replies. Quite a few people come on here, ask advice, and are never heard from again. ;) Besides, there's no time frame in which you should reply. I know when I first got on here I didn't have notifications switched on, and while I got loads of messages, I didn't see a single one until days later. And I spend my day basically glued to the computer and smartphone app.

In any case, you're welcome, and if we can do anything to help, let us know. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

I use the website on my phone and my tablet as well as my PC. I just add the website to my bookmarks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sheila L

Thanks. A good idea! I'll try that as well.

Sheila

• Like Like x 1
  6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Sheila - As promised, I made my enquiries today. You should not be concerned about the email. The sender is a bona fide Tapatalk person.

Relating to the DCUK App, it has been updated and is in the queue to be released by the Google Play store. I will let you know when the new release is available for updating.

Do you know if you are actually using the DCUK App or the generic Tapatalk App? That's just my curiosity asking that. It's not a onccern either way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sheila L

Thank you very much for your reply. I am very pleased that this was bona fide. I can confirm that I am most certainly using the DCUK App on both my mobile phone and my iPad. I’d never heard if Tapatalk before I received their message. I think the reason they somehow became involved was that there was an error when I tried to send a Post. I reported it to Admin. It seems to have stemmed from there. I have no intention of joining them.

I’m pleased to hear that an updated version of the App will soon be available. Thank you for saying that you will let me know when the new release is ready.

Thank you again for your concern and trouble in following this up for me. I very much appreciate it. I am newly diagnosed as diabetic and new to the Forum but I am sure it will be a great help and support to me.

Kind regards
    Sheila

• Like Like x 1
  8. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

No worries, Sheila. DCUK take members safety and security very seriously. It was good to have some good news for you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sheila L

Thanks very much. That’s very reassuring.
    Sheila

10. Sheila L

Thanks very much. I’m glad you understand what it’s like getting used to being a member of the Forum and seeing notifications.

I think the Moderator has sorted the problem out now and says it was bona fide. It’s good that they take our safety and security so seriously.

Kind regards
    Sheika

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sheila L

Sorry - I should have written, “Sheila”!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook