Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else eat cherry tomatoes and it squirts everywhere when you bite into it?:hilarious:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, so I was complaining about messing up my dinner/tea/supper dose night before last, I slam dunked last nights risotto sweet as a nut (and I thought nuts were low carb :D), timed jab with correction to perfection. Was 10.3 before said meal, 5.2 before bed 4.2 this morning. And the meal was delicious too.

@MeiChanski just put them in whole and keep your mouth closed as you bite down :smug:

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
What’s good at Sainsbury’s

A goodly range of Frys Family Foods - frozen and chill cabinet.

https://www.fryfamilyfood.com/uk/

Also, Sainsburys have a couple of new products in the freezer cabinet in the vegan range.

Oh yeah - all crumpets are vegan.. so we bought some. And in the free-from range the Lazy Days company have brought out vegan, gluten free tiffin bites and rocky roads.

Now, I am still have a UTI and feel wretched. I also have no treatment for it because the ***** nurse has not come back to me since telling me to drop off a sample. I slurp cranberry juice, bit of bicarb in my water - everything my mother/grandmother ever knew. No go. My feeble white blood cells just don't cut the mustard. Husband wants to look after me - so, comfort food!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Does anyone else eat cherry tomatoes and it squirts everywhere when you bite into it?:hilarious:

I slice them in half before I put them in my bowl. I love them. Also, I get them tinned from Sainsburys and they are gorgeous at breakfast. Fresh ones happen at lunch and sometimes dinner....

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A goodly range of Frys Family Foods - frozen and chill cabinet.

https://www.fryfamilyfood.com/uk/

Also, Sainsburys have a couple of new products in the freezer cabinet in the vegan range.

Oh yeah - all crumpets are vegan.. so we bought some. And in the free-from range the Lazy Days company have brought out vegan, gluten free tiffin bites and rocky roads.

Now, I am still have a UTI and feel wretched. I also have no treatment for it because the ***** nurse has not come back to me since telling me to drop off a sample. I slurp cranberry juice, bit of bicarb in my water - everything my mother/grandmother ever knew. No go. My feeble white blood cells just don't cut the mustard. Husband wants to look after me - so, comfort food!
I have yet to try the Fry's family stuff. Let me know how tasty those rocky roads are :)
Sending you hugs - my mum saw her best friend go through episodes of painful UTI for a couple of years, lots of trips to the hospital for antibiotics.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I slice them in half before I put them in my bowl. I love them. Also, I get them tinned from Sainsburys and they are gorgeous at breakfast. Fresh ones happen at lunch and sometimes dinner....
I guess I can't quietly pop one into my mouth from the container because of juices flying everywhere. :hilarious: I like the tomatoes on the vines for breakfast :eek:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning,

As my BG rose and could not be stopped by any rage basaling (I was at 200% and still my BG was going up), I changed my pump sets last night. I like to do it in the morning so I am awake if there are any problems with the set in the first few hours. But needs must and all that.
Turns out, that was the correct thing to do and I was strangely pleased to wake on 3.3 after a day in double figures. And, with a lower BG, my cold is not as bad. Yay!
Which is good because I am travelling to London for leaving drinks tonight. I was starting to think I would have to miss them but that would mean I would never see the leavers again and probably miss out on gossip.

@SueJB your garden looks beautiful
@Gaffer type 1 and @Brillpaul welcome to the funny (but supportive) crew
@Mel dCP I would rather you than me with those cats. They seem to know I don't like them an "massage" my legs with their claws
@MeiChanski I have done that cherry tomato trick.
@WuTwo I am starting to wonder if your freezer is one of those huge walk in ones. I know where I'll be going if I run out of food.
Have a safe trip!
I have embarrassed myself a few times for eating cherry tomatoes and I never learn. :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

A tentative good morning everyone, grey and more grey.
On a much more positive note, Madam got smacked at 1am this morning so we woke to a half decent BG
Fish for supper means a trip into town, hake if Ken's got any. If it stays dry, more work in the garden ie weeding which I hate. It seems not matter how often I get out there, the weeds have sprung up overnight............... bindweed being a particular pain and a tip visit.
I've said it before but I don't know how I managed the garden and a job
Photo is from before the windView attachment 33783

That is a gorgeous garden! Do you get many bees? *hopeful* - I am very, very fond of bees.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Cycled over 12 miles today....glad I checked my BG beforehand- 4.6 so milk, Carmel biscuit and apple juice
Whoooosh ♂️

Hi - welcome to the thread. Settle in, make yourself comfy - we provide lots of food, drink, sympathy, support and information. Not necessarily in that order. (Anyone hear Eric Morecambe speaking to Andre Previn?)

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Morning All,

Just found this thread and happily got lost in it whilst drinking my coffee. With cream. Nom!

Well last night I had a little cry as I'm feeling frustrated about things at the mo (check my previous posts as don't want to bore) and finally my levels dropped to 11 before bed. (I know!)

Woke up for the loo and checked and they were 7.4 on the libre and going down, so set alarms through the night and nodded back off. Turns out they were dropping, and they went as low as 4.8. I still didn't treat them, knowing I have the beautiful Dawn P to look forward to. Surprisingly felt fine, no shakes or anything. Tested on the metre and it was 5.3. Went back to sleep. (I'm so terrified of hypos this is unheard of for me.)

Woke up at 8.8, (hey there Dawn!) And I had my CWC, and my basal. Ran around the house like a crazy woman picking up after kids that seem to believe theres magic afoot, everything dropped on the floor disappears and clothes miraculously make it back to the hangers..I'll let them off. School run goes surprisingly well, check levels upon returning and there they are, 14.4.

Wonderful.

Take 8 units of Fiasp, whilst stirring and measuring my next coffee. Stomach is grumbling now and despite my low carb vrs weight watchers debate, I go for full fat yoghurt and some raspberries. With sweetener, of course.

Now sat waiting for the repair man to come and fix my window which has lost its handle........

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf and I had a chat the other night and we've agreed to go low carb - He saw my graphs and knew why I'm mopey and he wanted to trim up a bit more. He has clubbed feet and for the last year or so he has been pain free and I am incredibly proud of him being able to walk more than 10 mins without taking a break. He had an accident a few years ago where he ended up in a wheelchair so weight gain was expected. Moreover, some time last year his uncle was diagnosed with T2 due to age so he can work towards being much healthier.
A bit of a win-win situation for us - better BG control and fitter potatoes. We've compromised because he is a meaty boy and cheese lover so keto might work for him and I love vegan food, my lactose intolerance is a happy one. My bf might not have society's ideal body image, but girl, he has the loveliest heart.
But anyway, thank you for coming to my TED talk. :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All,

Just found this thread and happily got lost in it whilst drinking my coffee. With cream. Nom!

Well last night I had a little cry as I'm feeling frustrated about things at the mo (check my previous posts as don't want to bore) and finally my levels dropped to 11 before bed. (I know!)

Woke up for the loo and checked and they were 7.4 on the libre and going down, so set alarms through the night and nodded back off. Turns out they were dropping, and they went as low as 4.8. I still didn't treat them, knowing I have the beautiful Dawn P to look forward to. Surprisingly felt fine, no shakes or anything. Tested on the metre and it was 5.3. Went back to sleep. (I'm so terrified of hypos this is unheard of for me.)

Woke up at 8.8, (hey there Dawn!) And I had my CWC, and my basal. Ran around the house like a crazy woman picking up after kids that seem to believe theres magic afoot, everything dropped on the floor disappears and clothes miraculously make it back to the hangers..I'll let them off. School run goes surprisingly well, check levels upon returning and there they are, 14.4.

Wonderful.

Take 8 units of Fiasp, whilst stirring and measuring my next coffee. Stomach is grumbling now and despite my low carb vrs weight watchers debate, I go for full fat yoghurt and some raspberries. With sweetener, of course.

Now sat waiting for the repair man to come and fix my window which has lost its handle........

Welcome! we're a happy bunch of oreos :)
Sending you lots of hugs, we all know you had it rough.
You're making lots of effort for your body, you deserve all the hugs from us

Reactions: WuTwo and lcarter

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@lcarter With DP, you could consider eating something small to slow down the liver dump. But of course you're a bit stressed with family and school runs.
Some cheese or something?

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

My bf and I had a chat the other night and we've agreed to go low carb - He saw my graphs and knew why I'm mopey and he wanted to trim up a bit more. He has clubbed feet and for the last year or so he has been pain free and I am incredibly proud of him being able to walk more than 10 mins without taking a break. He had an accident a few years ago where he ended up in a wheelchair so weight gain was expected. Moreover, some time last year his uncle was diagnosed with T2 due to age so he can work towards being much healthier.
A bit of a win-win situation for us - better BG control and fitter potatoes. We've compromised because he is a meaty boy and cheese lover so keto might work for him and I love vegan food, my lactose intolerance is a happy one. My bf might not have society's ideal body image, but girl, he has the loveliest heart.
But anyway, thank you for coming to my TED talk. :hilarious:

Take a look on Amazon for the keto vegan cookbook range; there are loads to choose from. ALso @Mel dCP knows of a good few places online for keto vegan food ideas.

Good luck to both of you - small carbs = small insulin = small errors :happy:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take a look on Amazon for the keto vegan cookbook range; there are loads to choose from. ALso @Mel cCP knows of a good few places online for keto vegan food ideas.

Good luck to both of you - small carbs = small insulin = small errors :happy:
Thank you, :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning All,

Welcome - grab a chair, a drink and have a sit for a while. I'm waiting for my brain cell to catch up with me - I think I left it in the B12 thread. Maybe after brekkie it'll turn up.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome - grab a chair, a drink and have a sit for a while. I'm waiting for my brain cell to catch up with me - I think I left it in the B12 thread. Maybe after brekkie it'll turn up.
Wutwo, could I ask what brand of cranberry juice you've been drinking? I know cranberries are very sharp without a good amount of sugar. Or have you been blending cranberries without telling us? :hilarious: