Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sun and warmth, I feel a nettle fight coming on but first to roast chickpeas, make a Keralan fish curry, go buy some bark for the next garden project. I'll put some clothes on first
Madam woke relaxed 5.7. Relief

Reactions: Knikki and hh1

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Morning chaps, FIRST ON PARADE! Off to Hereford today to teach French. I don’t speak French. The school are well aware of this, but specifically requested me because of my “good classroom management” - ie I can deal with misbehaving kids quite well. All good fun, eh? On call later, so let’s see what the day brings. Woke up on a nice 5.5 despite a couple of high alarms during the night. Might have miscalculated the carbs in my fake chicken last night, need to look at that again. My ingredients came out at 4g; the recipe said 8. I’ve got some marinading in the fridge in a tandoori gloop, so will try dosing for 8g tonight and see what happens. Have a good one :)

Do you have a link to the article? I’d be interested to read it :)

Sure. It’s integrateddiabetes.com
The article is called: A1C targets : is 6.5 The Ideal?
I’m sorry but I don’t know how to insert a link into a reply. Cheers. Leeanne
PS I’m in Australia so my replies are sometimes a bit tardy

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends

A bit of double digits again - 11.1, I did increase Tresiba but suffering at night now. Yesterday was hypo city - I mean I still have levemir in the fridge, would it be a tad cheeky? :hilarious:

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. I installed an app to track my progress.
Screenshot_20190620_090208_air.SmartLog.android.jpeg
Screenshot_20190620_090223_air.SmartLog.android.jpeg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Look like perfect results @ Delticmatt100, and that you’re shaping up to be a T1 management superstar!

Reactions: Delticmatt100

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sure. It’s integrateddiabetes.com
The article is called: A1C targets : is 6.5 The Ideal?
I’m sorry but I don’t know how to insert a link into a reply. Cheers. Leeanne
PS I’m in Australia so my replies are sometimes a bit tardy
The one thing that bothers me with this study, is that an HbA1c of 6.5% equates to an average of 7.8mmol on our meters. And that’s a lot of time spent (even without massive spikes and hypos to balance them out) with your blood glucose at pretty much double what a non-diabetic runs at. So you may live longer, but the consequences of those levels will manifest themselves in neuropathies, retinopathy, ED, gastroporesis, kidney damage etc. My reasoning is that if the only thing wrong with me is that I can’t make insulin, if I keep my bg regulation at non-diabetic levels, I have no more chance of getting CVD issues than a non-diabetic. It’s hard work to maintain, but I refuse to let this poxy condition do any more damage to my life and body than it already has.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really enjoying this Alpro pain yogurt, taste wise is more mild than normal plain yogurt and smells absolute divine. I was a bit cheeky and had a small banana and apple with it. I have 10 apples in my fridge saying "eat me please!"
It's easier trying to get my bf to eat veg, but fruit is whole different mission. :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm really enjoying this Alpro pain yogurt, taste wise is more mild than normal plain yogurt and smells absolute divine. I was a bit cheeky and had a small banana and apple with it. I have 10 apples in my fridge saying "eat me please!"
It's easier trying to get my bf to eat veg, but fruit is whole different mission. :hilarious:
Alpro yogurt is fab. The coconut one is great in curries too.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmm strange reading. Pre lunch 10.0. Only had bowl cornflakes and cuppa tea 1 sweeter for breakfast. Then small glass Pepsi max raspberry flavour. Think was the Pepsi max ?

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
The one thing that bothers me with this study, is that an HbA1c of 6.5% equates to an average of 7.8mmol on our meters. And that’s a lot of time spent (even without massive spikes and hypos to balance them out) with your blood glucose at pretty much double what a non-diabetic runs at. So you may live longer, but the consequences of those levels will manifest themselves in neuropathies, retinopathy, ED, gastroporesis, kidney damage etc. My reasoning is that if the only thing wrong with me is that I can’t make insulin, if I keep my bg regulation at non-diabetic levels, I have no more chance of getting CVD issues than a non-diabetic. It’s hard work to maintain, but I refuse to let this poxy condition do any more damage to my life and body than it already has.

What you are saying @MeldCP makes perfect sense. I think perhaps the key thing in this article is the paragraph that offers suggestions as to why a low HBA1C increases all cause mortality. The hypotheses focus on hypoglycaemic side effects, effects which nonT1D s don’t encounter, which is why their ideal HBA1C is 5.4. So in theory if a T1D can achieve a low HBA1C without experiencing hypoglycaemia then all should be good. The next logical question is at what levels does this inflammation occur (surely not between 3.5-4.0). I’ve never read of any studies about this. So I think your strategy is great, provided you minimise the frequency and severity of your hypos ( as someone who was eating jelly beans at 4am last night, this can be tricky). Cheers Leeanne

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Was it full fat pepsi or diet?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning

Blues Brothers day today so working from home

51vy9i.gif

Well after looks like I going to shuffle off this moral coil fair soon then with a Hb1Ac of 5.5% which I would rather keep :)

Someone pass the cake and fried chicken :)

Huh................:confused::wideyed:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

The vanilla is like custard but very very carby!

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Delticmatt100 - Can't be the Pepsi then. Weird! Put it down to wearing socks, not wearing socks, being too hot, being too cold - any of it. Sometimes there's no rhyme nor reason to it, you just got to deal.....:cool: