Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Chick peas currently in oven. Haven't decided yet what else to eat.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I have a similar souvenir from my time in Germany, They were good enough to include a photo of the driver. I am not sure whether that makes it a selfie because I made the camera take it,

Lol, I know what you mean. Many years back I forgot to pay the LEZ charge in London & got snapped on my way to a gig at the Astoria.. :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Himself always comes in and asks me (at least twice) whether I had a good day and then proceeds to tell me about the frustrations of his day.
On Tuesday he came in asked if I had a good day and I told him I felt rubbish and my BG was so high I decided to change my pump set. His response was "That's good!" and before I had a chance to explain why it is not good, he dumped his work complaints onto me.
At least I think he did but I stopped listening after 5 minutes!

He is better at listening once he has completed his download. I think his RAM is full and can't take any more until it has been transferred to a larger disk (me) with some compression (ignoring) en route.

I gave you a hug emoji, but it's funny too :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oo, salad? Curry? In sauce for pasta or rice?
You're assuming too many ingredients left in my kitchen after too many times cooking without shopping... I'm guessing more in the likes of who cares about vitamins and tomorrow is a new day :)
They don't seem to get crunchy either, more leathery. I'll give them another ten minutes in the oven.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're assuming too many ingredients left in my kitchen after too many times cooking without shopping... I'm guessing more in the likes of who cares about vitamins and tomorrow is a new day :)
They don't seem to get crunchy either, more leathery. I'll give them another ten minutes in the oven.

If your oven is hot enough, they should be crispy. :)
Oh, I guess we’ll make with what you have in your kitchen - have you come up with any ideas?

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If your oven is hot enough, they should be crispy. :)
Oh, I guess we’ll make with what you have in your kitchen - have you come up with any ideas?
I started by munching cheese while waiting for the chick peas. Then I ate about half of the chick peas that turned out quite crunchy after all. I didn't like them that much but they are very more-ish. So no need for a real meal anymore, although I'll probably do some more fridge snacking before bedtime an have some chicory with hummus and possibly some nuts or pork scratchings in bed before sleeping :)

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started by munching cheese while waiting for the chick peas. Then I ate about half of the chick peas that turned out quite crunchy after all. I didn't like them that much but they are very more-ish. So no need for a real meal anymore, although I'll probably do some more fridge snacking before bedtime an have some chicory with hummus and possibly some nuts or pork scratchings in bed before sleeping :)

I felt the same way about chickpeas. I had 50g of it yesterday and it was quite filling. I know some dutch people love chicory wrapped in ham, I like chicory by it self

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For Libre users:
The pig group on facebook I'm a member of has given me a jolt a couple of times before when reading things like: "How do y'all feel about injection guns" before noticing I wasn't reading in a diabetes group.
Laughed out loud at this picture of a registration tag
1f61b.png

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well here we are sitting in the low teens with enough IOB to put a horse in a hypo.
Checked socks. They’re fine.
Feeling 99% , no sniffles or imminent lurgy.
Current insulin been working fine all day.
My two most favourite little people ( granddaughter and grandson :) ) tucked up fast asleep in bed.
Hah Hah. There’s the problem :).
A Pink concert in Cardiff booked last year by my daughter, with a request of a weekday / school day sleepover.
A memory lapse to note down aforementioned concert on this years calendar along with my OH booking a night shift for tonight.
End result. Me and the kids doing our first ever “ us three sleepover “ and more exciting/ stressful our first ever “ get to school on time in the morning .”
I’m almost certain my sugars will be fine at about 8.45 am tomorrow :).
It’s a great honour to have them here and I’m savouring every moment even though my nerves are shattered :).

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Thank you ❤️ It’s hard work, but so very worth it for me. I’ve gone from being practically disabled by my diabetes and the way it made me feel to being able to do all the stuff I do now - full time teaching, volunteering and about to retrain for a new career.
What's your new career. If you don't mind me asking that is.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning @Robinredbreast - the sun is shining down here! Amazing.

It's so nice out that even my blood is cooperating - woke up at 5.9. Yay!

You OK?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning @Robinredbreast - the sun is shining down here! Amazing.

It's so nice out that even my blood is cooperating - woke up at 5.9. Yay!

You OK?

That's hope all BG's will end the week on a level note :happy:( was going to say on a high note , but that definitely wouldn't apply to us lol) :oops::D

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Haha - yep, I wish us all level for the weekend.

TFIF is about all I can say. You've definitely had a bit of a week and from my point of view, every day gone is a day closer to getting rid of this bleeping infection. I don't think the nurse is going to (a) call back or (b) prescribe. So - armed with my fresh flat leaf parsley and thyme, I am brewing a lot of tea. Also, keeping going with the cranberry. Anti-inflammatory, dilutants etc.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone and I hope it's going to be a brilliant day because:
1. it's the summer solstice so the longest day
2. I'm off to Blenheim Palace for the garden show:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:
3. the sun's shining:cool::cool::cool:
4. it's Friday
:):):):):)
also madam BG just about behaving 6.3. I'm thinking about increasing night time basal but sure.Went to bed on 6mmol
Have a splendid day whatever you're up to