Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, double figures again so 10.9 but much lower than yesterday :)
Beautiful morning indeed :)

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep - we are all in line for a good day!

DIABETES - are you listening? Did you hear? Behave yourself today for all of us or there will be tears before bedtime for you!

Reactions: MeiChanski

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Haha - yep, I wish us all level for the weekend.

TFIF is about all I can say. You've definitely had a bit of a week and from my point of view, every day gone is a day closer to getting rid of this bleeping infection. I don't think the nurse is going to (a) call back or (b) prescribe. So - armed with my fresh flat leaf parsley and thyme, I am brewing a lot of tea. Also, keeping going with the cranberry. Anti-inflammatory, dilutants etc.

Hi WuTwo. Do you think perhaps you should ring the surgery again and gently remind them that the nurse has not rung back and your diabetes control is compromised and you really don’t want to go to hospital over the weekend. Cheers. Leeanne

Reactions: hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha - yep, I wish us all level for the weekend.

TFIF is about all I can say. You've definitely had a bit of a week and from my point of view, every day gone is a day closer to getting rid of this bleeping infection. I don't think the nurse is going to (a) call back or (b) prescribe. So - armed with my fresh flat leaf parsley and thyme, I am brewing a lot of tea. Also, keeping going with the cranberry. Anti-inflammatory, dilutants etc.

Oh dear, it’s time to complain.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I accidentally plopped the last of the contents of my alpro yogurt into my bowl. I will spoon it up next time but it was 230g of goodness. My belly didn’t complain :)
Mr potato said we’ll go to ikea tomorrow, I will prepare my belly for the vegan dogs and buy everything in their snack isle.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hi WuTwo. Do you think perhaps you should ring the surgery again and gently remind them that the nurse has not rung back and your diabetes control is compromised and you really don’t want to go to hospital over the weekend. Cheers. Leeanne

But my diabetes control isn't compromised. I can ring and point out I still exist but in that surgery - the dragons on reception will just say they'll pass on the information and goodbye...

I will ring though; I just wish the nurses didn't rule the NHS these days!

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

My d-i-l texted late last night to say she's found a new vegan shop in a shopping precinct near us. Yay. She is going tomorrow but I'll have to wait until Wednesday morning (before hefty son turns up to move our furniture).

Son meanwhile is chuffed to bits. He teaches guitar and gigs every weekend and just bought a new (gorgeous!) acoustic because he has only one good one and if that goes west, he's stuffed. Well, that's his excuse. It is his first new one in ten years but he already has five lush electrics (Les Paul Original (over 20 years old and soooooo lovely, Ibanez and a few others). Ah well! Told him to keep his receipts 'cos with any luck I can get them written off against his tax as tools of his trade!

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But my diabetes control isn't compromised. I can ring and point out I still exist but in that surgery - the dragons on reception will just say they'll pass on the information and goodbye...

I feel getting through to someone is becoming more and more difficult. My auntie had a similar situation where she was out of medication and it’s her hospital doctor that needs to prescribe it but the doctor wasn’t in. (Normal gps can’t prescribe that particular drug)

The receptionist kept saying she’ll get another doctor to ring her but never did. I feared for my auntie’s life because she said she felt more tired without it. More over her daughter was 4-5 months old at that time.

I hope you get better and a nurse will get back to you. If not, we’ll cause havoc :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Happy sunny morning everyone, longest day today so tell all BGs to be on their best behaviour!!
@WuTwo, I’m amazed how laid back you seem about the lack of nurse attention! Are you really? Is there a good medication that can bring relief and clear the blighter? If it were me I’d call at the surgery and explain in a reasonable, but waiting room audible, voice that without a spleen, with compromised white cells, with T1, the lack of the promised phone call and or prescribing over a period of **** days following the promise, was seriously affecting my health.
A bit childish, I agree, and poor NHS has been seriously duffed up, but it would be so satisfying.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We went out to our favourite Thai last night and BG was kept ok. Chuffed. Lovely food, lovely people, but I never quite know how much sugar etc’s been added. It’s a family affair, and the cooking’s great, worth correcting for if need be.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone and I hope it's going to be a brilliant day because:
1. it's the summer solstice so the longest day
2. I'm off to Blenheim Palace for the garden show:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:
3. the sun's shining:cool::cool::cool:
4. it's Friday
:):):):):)
also madam BG just about behaving 6.3. I'm thinking about increasing night time basal but sure.Went to bed on 6mmol
Have a splendid day whatever you're up to
Whoops!! actually not the longest day because everyday is 24 hours but the longest period of daylight

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Happy sunny morning everyone, longest day today so tell all BGs to be on their best behaviour!!
@WuTwo, I’m amazed how laid back you seem about the lack of nurse attention! Are you really? Is there a good medication that can bring relief and clear the blighter? If it were me I’d call at the surgery and explain in a reasonable, but waiting room audible, voice that without a spleen, with compromised white cells, with T1, the lack of the promised phone call and or prescribing over a period of **** days following the promise, was seriously affecting my health.
A bit childish, I agree, and poor NHS has been seriously duffed up, but it would be so satisfying.

I'm not one of life's worriers and whilst I do agree that this nurse is a bit of a hillock I understand her concerns over prescribing. I'm dreadful to prescribe for - if I'm not allergic to it, it clashes with my epilepsy meds. And I ask that wherever possible prescriptions take my ethical choices into account.

She's probably hoping that I'll curl up in a ball and roll away.

I will pop in at lunch on my way home from work; you never know - I might get somewhere. Probably not though - she's one of those people that are a bit "I have said what I have said, and I will not unsay it"... y'know the type - so jobsworth it ain't true. I wouldn't mind but last time round one of the GP's got hold of me, prescribed after I described the symptoms and told me to drop a pee sample in later on.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm not one of life's worriers and whilst I do agree that this nurse is a bit of a hillock I understand her concerns over prescribing. I'm dreadful to prescribe for - if I'm not allergic to it, it clashes with my epilepsy meds. And I ask that wherever possible prescriptions take my ethical choices into account.

She's probably hoping that I'll curl up in a ball and roll away.

I will pop in at lunch on my way home from work; you never know - I might get somewhere. Probably not though - she's one of those people that are a bit "I have said what I have said, and I will not unsay it"... y'know the type - so jobsworth it ain't true. I wouldn't mind but last time round one of the GP's got hold of me, prescribed after I described the symptoms and told me to drop a pee sample in later on.

Good luck

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning

Yes longest day to day so plan is:
Finish swearing, cursing, blaming tech at work and on arm.
Go home.
Nose bag.
Later, open bottle of wine and sit in the back garden and watch the sun go down :) (which is actually a bit tricky because the sun sets on the other side of the house :hilarious: )

Other than that, Free Hug for anyone who would like, want one.

Thank @Knikki, hugs always welcome. Get them when we arrive at our favourite Thai, regular customers!
Edited to explain it’s a restaurant. Had a proper Thai massage on a beach once, an old woman who said it would make me strong, walked up and down my back, kneaded and pulled all limbs, pummelled, twisted, stretched.
Hurt all over for days!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Fairygodmother - not liking the idea of your being hurt, but always wanted to try one of those massages!

I don't know where everyone is. No-one else has come in!:wideyed: I can't see that it's a day off on the schedules. Most odd.

Still - I'm getting a lot done :happy:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB see you there tomorrow - You'll be able to recognise me by the dog! (We get quite a few people coming over to say 'Hi' to the dog so you'll have to 'slip' in the code word so I know it's you and you don't embarrass yourself in front of total strangers :joyful: :hilarious:)

BGs have been rather good of late - the lull before the storm I reckon! (oh just remembered it is, dinner out with friends tonight......it'll be a miracle if I manage to keep on top of it.)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
HMMM there seems a whole pile of health eating going on.

So here is a picture of cake which will be eaten later and to Chuffty McBuff the consequences of it :hilarious:

9vjcc1.jpg

Plenty to share :wideyed:
Omg.....drooling here....my favourite

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Wow, kist took me an your to catch up with all the gossip...
Week off has been good, loads of gardening done, hedges cut back etc. I am not a lover of gardening lol. Hypos most of yesterday even with hardly any basal going in too!!! All good this morning thou

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well got grandkids to school on time, a lit bit early to be exact.
Sugars settled down once I fell asleep last night. Cruises along at 6’s and 7’s according to Dexcom.
Finger prick first thing said 5.7.
So a great day so far . A 5.7 on waking, 45 min cuddles in bed with grandkids, no spilt breakfast cereals, no arguements, school on time and an extra big hug from my granddaughter at going in time. The hug took me by surprise as we had already done the goodbyes.
Going out for lunch soon, hopefully something tasty and meaty and carby.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf got a hair cut today and wow what a difference. He has thick luscious hair that grows very fast. (I’d kill to have hair like him, reckon I can go remodify my genes/dna or blame my parents for the lack of hair? ) but he looks like he shredded 3kg in hair :)
I had a mild hypo but I won’t be having lunch any time soon, so heres to downing hypo treatments.