What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Saskia and @Freema I am trying to declutter and downsize too. It’s very hard to decide what is useful, or important and what is just a nice memory or simply familiar. My most difficult bit has been sorting family photos. I’m the only one left now ( apart from my children and grandchildren) so I’ve ended up with everybody’s everything. Trying to make 1 keepsake album out of thousands of photos is just giving me headaches.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off to google this DJC...good news with Dennis...that name does make me laugh one of my brothers is named Dennis & hes nowhere near as cute...I agree with @PenguinMum he is a clever boy.

It was my dad’s name too, although the pup isn’t named after him particularly. More that the eyebrows reminded me of Dennis Healy I think (but our Dennis is obviously an awful lot cuter and less irritating)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning - was 5.8 last.night so no dawn phenomenon. We are staying at the Victoria at Holkham so had a lovely walk around the grounds of Holkham Hall before breakfast.

Are relaxing in the residents lounge reading the papers, feeling a bit lazy - dogs are snoozing. Daughter and family are joining us later so no doubt we will be walking down to the beach. Things won't be quite so quiet when the grandchildren arrive.
Sounds like a perfect day so far and noise/peace or not the children and grandchildren are both a blessing and living reminder of how well you both chose all those years ago.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Saskia and @Freema I am trying to declutter and downsize too. It’s very hard to decide what is useful, or important and what is just a nice memory or simply familiar. My most difficult bit has been sorting family photos. I’m the only one left now ( apart from my children and grandchildren) so I’ve ended up with everybody’s everything. Trying to make 1 keepsake album out of thousands of photos is just giving me headaches.

I had to do that about 7 years ago -- downsizing from my deceased parents' house before I moved into a small apartment. I bought a small photo album and put in some of the photos from their bigger albums, but I could not bear to downsize their wedding-honeymoon album so I still have that. I also have my two studio baby pics that were hung on their living room wall with my sister's -- too big to put in an album and I have no idea what to do with them. They have been stuck in a big plastic storage box for 7 years now, in the linen closet, but if I actually do move in a few months I won't want to take them with me. Enough is enough -- but where do I draw the line between enough and too much?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. A wonderful prospect for the day, sunshine, a slight breeze and it’s Windrush Day.

The carrot and stick wheel of encouragement and retribution declared a 5.5 this am.

Grandaughter is hogging the bathroom - she is going out with friends and so will be taking an absolute age rummaging through her rucksack of paints and potions - must be a teenage thing wandering around looking like Cleopatra on speed. Never mind, hopefully she will grow out of it.

Grandson is having a try out with a club higher in the league today - they say that they want him in the team so his baptism of fire is in an all day tournament. Will be over to see him in a while.

Have a great day if you can.

I had never heard of Windrush Day before, so I Googled it, and found a very interesting and informative article.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are in a similar situation @DJC3 in many ways (more urgent since Thursday). Not sure photos are a big issue for me, I never really liked them, but possessions and memorabilia are (medals and commendations are precious). Hardest part will be getting rid of building eqpt - cement mixers, bags of hammers, planes and plumbing fittings plus copper pipes and lead, 4 old 2 man saws, thousands of bricks - list is endless. Can't help thinking there is value in some of them but not sure. We have also added plenty of power tools which will be useless with less land. I prefer plain white walls, wood and brick but Julie likes family photos - big battle ahead I suspect.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning very early around 5:30. Last night was the first the Dennis had spent on his own downstairs in his crate so I was keen to check up on him. Happy to say all was well, water bowl not upended, newspaper not ripped to shreds so no signs of distress.
I’ve loved reading your cat toilet and bath tales @gennepher @SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum. They are so funny. Have any of you seen the ‘Dog’s diary Cat’s diary’ its hilarious - the difference between how dogs and cats view their days. Google it.

I will! I had never heard of it before. Thanks. I'm glad you like the cat posts. I enjoy reading about Dennis, and I'm glad he did well on his first night. Congratulations to you both! :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Back from our break from down south and Liverpool

All was good

Have you lot been behaving? I thought not lol

Kitten Tikka Masala for tea as not been to Tesco to top up supplies so I’m stalking next doors cat

Meow

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm I just saw an online ad that made me think of you and your granddaughter. The ad is for a company called Kinetic Internet and the headline that caught my attention was ENOUGH SPEED FOR EVERYONE.
;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cumberland next door's cat is stalking you --

3789b27772e0517d2d2879e663c33728.jpg

Attachments

• bigcat.jpg
    bigcat.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 103

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We are in a similar situation @DJC3 in many ways (more urgent since Thursday). Not sure photos are a big issue for me, I never really liked them, but possessions and memorabilia are (medals and commendations are precious). Hardest part will be getting rid of building eqpt - cement mixers, bags of hammers, planes and plumbing fittings plus copper pipes and lead, 4 old 2 man saws, thousands of bricks - list is endless. Can't help thinking there is value in some of them but not sure. We have also added plenty of power tools which will be useless with less land. I prefer plain white walls, wood and brick but Julie likes family photos - big battle ahead I suspect.

Did you get a good offer after Thursday? I remember you saying you were hopeful

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

All was good

Kitten Tikka Masala for tea as not been to Tesco to top up supplies so I’m stalking next doors cat

Meow
Naughty naughty, I'm laughing my head off here.
Tip you will need a big pot.

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

All was good

Meow
I love your posts but please dont join in in these offensive cat posts because how would you feel (under the licence of humour) if I said something similar about Wispa. There are cat people and dog people on here, people who love both, and people who just dont but it dose cause offence and distress and I am sure thats not what you want.