What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just hope he hasn't done the typical guy thing and forgotten something essential ... like his razor ...
lol.gif

FBG here this morning was 7.1. And 7.2 on the second try.

Whatever.
Yes he did - he forgot to pack his hayfever meds. Luckily I noticed and packed them with my stuff.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,6 this morning so happy, happy, happy

In fact, our household is a haven of bliss at the moment as my sixteen year old son just finished his school exams doing very well and is off on a one week school geography club trip to Switzerland tomorrow.

My diabetes is definitely back under control.My glucose meter has a permanent grin attached to it.

The only shame is that despite the numbers telling me I am doing better I still feel poorly, with very low energy levels and constant fatigue. But these may not be diabetes related symptoms.

I will take the improvement in my glucose levels as one less thing to worry about and continue with my new low carb routine.

I am due to see my doctor in about a week's time after some new blood tests so we will see what he will have to say then. More rounds of tests coming up, no doubt but all in good time.

For now I am taking pleasure in seeing those glucose readings back in range

Have a great weekend everyone
Screenshot_20190622-065221_DiabetesM.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn good morning. If you have recently switched to a low carb diet your body is going through a period of readjustment so there may be a bit of ‘carb flu’ going on. The other thing that springs to mind is you should look at the nutritional values of what you eat and maybe consider a multivit supplement. I take a B complex, a slow release Vit C and fish oils daily. Just a thought! Great numbers though you are doing great. Hope your son has a safe journey and a wonderful time.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful sunny start to the day and a 5.8. Helping someone set up a new computer today, they've offered to 'pay' with lunch so I get to do three things I like, a walk, computers, and food :) Have a great weekend.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @Krystyna23040 glad you and Mr K had a lovely day yesterday, @pavlosn really good news on your progress. That graph really shows your amazing progress and your son having negotiated the exam period safely now having a trip to Switzerland to enjoy is good to hear. @PenguinMum nice fbg, enjoy family time this weekend even if you will doubtless be busy being mum. We have 2 sons coming today plus a village beer, cider, gin and proseco festival - not drinking currently but funds raised will be used for community facilities so happy to pay. @alf_Josiah heed the friendly words re pets and use that humour on other topics. You are a good man so use the talents God has given you to lift up not tear down. @HarrisonK sounds like your day just needs a lottery win to top it off - enjoy the day win or not.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful sunny start to the day and a 5.8. Helping someone set up a new computer today, they've offered to 'pay' with lunch so I get to do three things I like, a walk, computers, and food :) Have a great weekend.

That is brilliant!

I get ‘paid’ with lunch too for helping ‘oldies’ work their iPads and tablets!

Sunny here too. Enjoy your day.

>^..^<

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 for me today. Still no idea why my afternoon and early evening readings are so high. Drank no coffee after 7 am yesterday ( nearly killed me) but still high 6's and 7's. Perhaps I am actually antipodean and it is dawn phenomenon
Today consists of work and taking the dogs to be groomed and then administering the 3 monthly flea treatment. Another day of excitement.
Take care

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning

My last set of bloods revealed low heamoglobin and iron levels and also low vitamin D (ironic as this is linked to sunshine and that is the one thing we have in abandance here in Cyprus).

These are probably the cause of the fatigue, which was there even before the switch to low carb so although carb flow may be part of it, it is unlikely to be the whole story

Bloods also showed very high CRP and ESR level. Both of these are indicators of inflamation somewhere in the body.

The whole thing requires further investigation to determine the underlying cause. I already underwent gastroscopy and colonoscopy both of which came out clear.

The plan is that I will repeat my blood analysis next week, see if the upnormal counts persist and decide with the doctor what to do/test next.

In the meantime, I have been concentrating on getting my glucose back under control.

@pavlosn good morning. If you have recently switched to a low carb diet your body is going through a period of readjustment so there may be a bit of ‘carb flu’ going on. The other thing that springs to mind is you should look at the nutritional values of what you eat and maybe consider a multivit supplement. I take a B complex, a slow release Vit C and fish oils daily. Just a thought! Great numbers though you are doing great. Hope your son has a safe journey and a wonderful time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning very early around 5:30. Last night was the first the Dennis had spent on his own downstairs in his crate so I was keen to check up on him. Happy to say all was well, water bowl not upended, newspaper not ripped to shreds so no signs of distress.
I’ve loved reading your cat toilet and bath tales @gennepher @SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum. They are so funny. Have any of you seen the ‘Dog’s diary Cat’s diary’ its hilarious - the difference between how dogs and cats view their days. Google it.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning chums.. following on from my day at headingly and yesterday’s 3.3 I’m up and about as we are going to cheer on my cousin in his 250 th park run in bakewell today. I’ve never been a fan of that pudding stuff so I’ll find other such delicacies.
So I’m at a resplendent 5.9 this morning. After my week of ups, downs, wobbles and general meh ness ( no cold for about a month now either). Huzzah!
Have a wonderful weekend peeps .. kim xx

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...awful day in traffic yesterday...three hours to get to London navigating through so many police cordons & road works...endless three ways traffic controls...home around 7:30pm and broke out the millionaires shortbread...despite that a good sleep...and woke to a 6.1

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning very early around 5:30. Last night was the first the Dennis had spent on his own downstairs in his crate so I was keen to check up on him. Happy to say all was well, water bowl not upended, newspaper not ripped to shreds so no signs of distress.
I’ve loved reading your cat toilet and bath tales @gennepher @SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum. They are so funny. Have any of you seen the ‘Dog’s diary Cat’s diary’ its hilarious - the difference between how dogs and cats view their days. Google it.
Great FBG and great news that Dennis settled for the night. I think you and he have achieved a lot in a week. He is a clever boy.

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Going off to Google....

Viv19

Bedtime bg was 6.7, and the reading this my7.2 - which basically reflects my night of ‘sleep.’
We had a good drive here yesterday through the beautiful Peak District, fabulous weather and lovely scenery. At Chesterfield I took a wrong lane (as far as I could see they were all marked A61 which didn’t tell me much as that number wasn’t on my route) so we ended up on a more scenic route for a while until we met the road to Buxton again. I’d manage to stop and re-program Jane on the Tom Tom, who rather cleverly directed us through narrow and very high roads to meet the A6 again. OH has little faith in Jane’s abilities and made worried noises most of the way. But she proved him wrong as usual.
Our friend had cooked very clever LC food for us which showed in my bg last by. Apparently she did some goggling to decide on her shopping list. Such a lovely kind person.