What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just took 3 huge trash bags full of family memorabilia down to the garbage cans in the basement. Afterwards I was pleasantly surprised to find that I felt relief and liberation more than sadness. Like I had been freed of a burden I hadn't realized I'd been laden with.
Hmmm ........

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late scores...
Katsu chicken at airport.
Cashew nuts n bloody Mary's in flight entertainment.
Finally at room 230 local time. (2hrs in front)
BG just now 4.7...not a score I usually get without a little shaky feeling, so retook..5.1
Happy with that

Thought does cross my mind that flight / air pressure might of had some impact .

Anyways, lovely n hot right now.
Quick pic of balcony view.

IMG_20190624_032736362.jpg

Last edited:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,8 this morning.

Son safely arrived in Switzerland and after some early drama about how small his room was (he has to share with another two boys), "much smaller than that of his friends" etc, he now sounds happy enough.

I advised him to ask his teacher if there was a bigger room they could move into but just accept it if not and not to get too upset about it as that would poison his mood and in the end he would be the one that would not enjoy his trip.

They will be outdoors on various day trips and activities most of the time anyway.

My words seem to have been taken onboard.

Have a great start to the week everyone.

Regards

Pavlos

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,8 this morning.

Son safely arrived in Switzerland and after some early drama about how small his room was (he has to share with another two boys), "much smaller than that of his friends" etc, he now sounds happy enough.

I advised him to ask his teacher if there was a bigger room they could move into but just accept it if not and not to get too upset about it as that would poison his mood and in the end he would be the one that would not enjoy his trip.

They will be outdoors on various day trips and activities most of the time anyway.

My words seem to have been taken onboard.

Have a great start to the week everyone.

Regards

Pavlos

I hope it works out well for him either way. When my high school band went to Miami I was in a motel room with 4 other girls -- it was too many for me, but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. I hope he will have a wonderful time in Switzerland. I was 19 when I visited it -- very nice country I thought.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An unexpected 5.2 this morning :) Had a curry last night and went to bed on a 7.0 so was guessing at at least 6.2, but no. This is why the whole thing confuses me, when I'm eating 'to plan' I have to virtually starve myself to get low numbers.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another grey morning another upward move - 6.3 this morning! Made a big mistake on Saturday afternoon and had 1/2 square of M&S 100% choc. I(love dark choc but suffer with migraines hence only 1/2 square) I have had a migraine since. The pain is beginning to recede but I will feel groggy for the next 24 hours at least.
Therefore assorted bars of 85%+ chocolate - free to a good home!!
Take care