What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Saskia isnt it wonderful how we share tips on here not just to help ourselves but also our animals! Solidarity and the forum at its best. Yay indeed. You and the KC have a great day.

Yes, it is absolutely wonderful. :)

The KittenCat is having a nice nap now and I am taking a break from emptying out the last box of memorabilia. Not as bad as I'd anticipated ... just what to do with the humongous family Bible from two of my great-great-grandparents, and my own bronzed baby shoe. I think those are gonna go -- it's not as if I could even remember wearing them! :)

I hope you and your girlcats are having a wonderful day!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol ok will stop immediately.

You mean you can just do that? People can just stop worrying about things immediately?

How? Teach me! Please!
think.gif
lol

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A very quick post. Calm and peace was truly shattered with the arrival of our lovely 4 and 7 year old grandchildren. Had a wonderful day around Holkham and today we are walking to Wells along the beach then Sunday lunch here at the Victoria.

Have basically eaten carnivore with lots of coffee and cream but have been careful not to eat too much protein. So blood sugars a much better 5.1 this morning.
Googled holkham hall. WOW. Taking FIL to Norfolk for his 90th in July. Making a beeline.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 but woke late and probs had too much meat for supper. Why do when we bbq take the amount of meat we would normally cook and x2 or even x3. Of course I didnt have to eat so much but when there is a large plate of mixed meat smelling wonderful. Anyone else have this issue?
@ianpspurs so glad you got two great offers though understand it is tinged with mixed feelings. I think it is difficult for you and @DJC3 to have lived in your family home forever and then leave for pastures new. I think the key is to hopefully find somewhere you that you actually like. Best wishes to each of you.
@Bildad that is an enviable number so dont be down.@pavlosn great number again hope your son arrives safely and has a whale of a time.
Not sure what the weather is going to do here today but another day mostly in the garden like yesterday. Thunderstorms expected tonight, maybe.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well stay safe.
Absolutely. The sun was shining yesterday. Daughter and GD (2) met me for coffee on local park. .Lovely. Decided on.bbq at mine. Shopped for food. Bought far too much. Cooked surplus. Smelt great. Eat surplus. Tasted great. Had 2 big juicy burgers. 2 sausage. Salad. Strawberries with lush thick double cream. 2 large red. Sunshine. A wonderful combination that resulted in a 6.6! So no, you arent on your own @PenguinMum

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I'd be bereft when I sold up in London...lived there all my life until 6 years ago....at my last address for over thirty years...not a bit of it DJC all my memories came with me & many of them seem so much more poignant when I look back..it is an adjustment when you remove all that's familiar however the memories of that time are what counts...those are the precious items you take with you.
Lovely words.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...sunny at the moment but getting ready for the deluge that is predicted later today...watching the Andrew Mars show of course the big news is Boris Johnson...I did see some of the 'hustings' (when did we start calling it this) and Boris Johnson was exceptionally clumsy in refusing to answer the obvious questions he would be asked (no prizes for guessing what would be put to him)... reminded me of an Eton educated Desperate Dan (see the Dandy Comic)… more coffee please...double cream this morning...woke to a 6.3.
I've given up on politics.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
morning all.

the stress of packing for the hols.
still gave me a 5.7 on the sugar richter scale.

Getting a lift to airport (luton) so should be stress free once we leave house.
mein Fuhrer has already posted a full itinerary marking out each hour daily..:D

sure to keep to some of it, but sure we'll skip a little bit here and there.

Stay safe all, happy numbers..:happy:
A woman after my.own heart. Happy hols.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well around here our bin collectors lorries are called Dennis. Or used to be, not seen one for a while as I'm usually in bed when they call at silly o'clock. so,,,,,back to our discussion on bins it is. Thanks to cute little Dennis haha. Glad he has settled in well @DJC3 . Looking forward to some fun tales in the up and even weeks.

The lorries have names?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a perfect day so far and noise/peace or not the children and grandchildren are both a blessing and living reminder of how well you both chose all those years ago.
It was a perfect day and then it changed with the arrival of daughter and family into something just as perfect but completely different.

Reactions: geefull

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home feeling relaxed and happy after our celebrations. Food was wonderful and ultra low carb. A rather interesting 4.1 this evening. Probably will be higher in the morning but hopefully not by too much.