Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning Diabetnam!

So.. This dream I had last night when humans were in the future free floating through space in some sort of massive plant based bio mechanical structure.. It was quite beautiful like a green laser show? (From a distance.)

The only downside was this alien that seemed to be narrating the plot with a voice like the Emporor from Star Wars.
The entity would sneak about & take us out one by one in our comfy branch beds, then go on to consume parts of the structure.
This thing grabbed my foot at one point & I awoke..g..

I quite like the idea of floating in the plant biome but somehow the rest of it doesn't appeal :joyful::joyful:

It feels so very early and I totally feel I need another hour or two in bed. Ho hum, not gonna happen. It is 1274 days until I retire (according to my countdown app) - bring it on!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, no work today, but still up at the crack of dawn :rolleyes: Quite humid here but no sun as yet.
@WuTwo you sound like my daughter, she is already counting down the days, hours and minutes to her birthday which is the middle of October. It's her friends 18th today so she is going to a birthday bbq after work, then her friend is having a birthday cocktail tasting and dinner on Saturday, such a busy, happy life :happy:
Sun has just showed it's face, so I may have lunch out in the sunshine today and no rushing back either :)

Happy Monday folks :)

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Robinredbreast - I have a countdown app on my phone. You can personalise it in all sorts of ways and mine shows the length of time until R-Day in either heartbeats, seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, months. (How does it know my heart rate?) It displays the countdown in any one of those variables at random and pleases me in a silly way.

My in-laws (both now in their 90's) started a countdown calendar 5 years before they retired. I remember it was pinned to the kitchen wall which just shows how important it was - you shove pins into the walls in their house at your peril! The time passed soooo quickly!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast - I have a countdown app on my phone. You can personalise it in all sorts of ways and mine shows the length of time until R-Day in either heartbeats, seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, months. (How does it know my heart rate?) It displays the countdown in any one of those variables at random and pleases me in a silly way.

My in-laws (both now in their 90's) started a countdown calendar 5 years before they retired. I remember it was pinned to the kitchen wall which just shows how important it was - you shove pins into the walls in their house at your peril! The time passed soooo quickly!

My daughter has one too lol

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@karen8967 - you too!

All of us - level & safe for the day please!!

Reactions: karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Did that with my phone. Still seems to read anywhere between 0.6 and 1.5 lower than a finger prick. No need to find a reader as I've never bought one. They cost exactly the same as a sensor in the Netherlands and I rather have one more sensor than a reader :)
Turned out the rage bolusing wasn't rage bolusing at all but accurate gut feeling :) The heat must be playing tricks with me. Bit sad about that, as I was looking forward to eating one or two kersenbonbons*, more or less demanded from the restaurant the day before yesterday 'in case I'll go hypo during driving'. (yes, of course I had boring hypo treatment with me, but I fancied those kersenbonbons)

If you ever get higher post meal spikes than you want you could always consider injecting for half your meal before eating and topping up when finished. But as long as it works for you it sounds fine to me :)

*Dark chocolate, filled with cherry liquor and an alcohol-soaked cherry :hungry:
onverpakte-kersenbonbon-met-verpakkend-document-op-de-achtergrond-138659001.jpg
Used to buy the same sort of thing when I lived in Poland, before T1, delicious. Mr B gave me a whole box, huge and lovely.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Grey here but that's fine by me coz I've got a week of on line exam marking to do. Lift off at 9am and I'm ready, done the washing up and put some washing on. BORING
Madam was calm 5.2, yey!!

Reactions: ert

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Got to school to find I’m doing Art :)

(I like teaching Art)

((But I’m rubbish at it :D ))

Reactions: hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, Just caught up on this weekends going ons.

@hh1 - I'm so sorry, I can't add any more to what everyone has already said - but I can send you another hug and a knowing nuzzle from him.

Mel stick to abstract art then you can get away with murder..........!

Meant to ask you @SueJB what you thought of the flower show? I thought there wasn't as many plant stalls as before and not as much variation - it just seemed to be missing something but can't put my finger on it (floral marquee seemed a bit sparse - although the orchid display was a olfactory delight!), and I did spend a fair amount of money though!

BGs over the weekend have been 'acceptable' - blame the free samples at the show (well I did have to try all the fudge flavours! :meh:), just realised I've not had a hypo in a whole week (I'm not counting the 3.4 on waking one morning!) and general numbers have been within range (if you squint!) with the odd excursion north.

Reactions: karen8967 and SueJB

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@helensaramay I wonder how they would have described you had they been people watching? Hope the inhaler helps.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, Just caught up on this weekends going ons.

@hh1 - I'm so sorry, I can't add any more to what everyone has already said - but I can send you another hug and a knowing nuzzle from him.

Mel stick to abstract art then you can get away with murder..........!

Meant to ask you @SueJB what you thought of the flower show? I thought there wasn't as many plant stalls as before and not as much variation - it just seemed to be missing something but can't put my finger on it (floral marquee seemed a bit sparse - although the orchid display was a olfactory delight!), and I did spend a fair amount of money though!

BGs over the weekend have been 'acceptable' - blame the free samples at the show (well I did have to try all the fudge flavours! :meh:), just realised I've not had a hypo in a whole week (I'm not counting the 3.4 on waking one morning!) and general numbers have been within range (if you squint!) with the odd excursion north.
@slip I didn't want to say anything about the show coz I didn't want to spoil your day. I'd also been to Gardeners' World at the NEC which blew the socks off Blenheim. I was disappointed with the floral marquee and the plant village. The show reminded me of a very small village fair and I was underwhelmed. It was the first time I'd been and I won't be going again. I think they rely on the Blenheim name to pull people in, a bit of a rip off really. I could have saved my entrance fee and spent it in a garden centre.:(

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gardeners' World is so much bigger and better I agree, and thinking about it you're right I think they do use the location as a tempter put it that way.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning (just)
Back in work after a soggy week off! AND don't want to be here!!! Stressed out at the mo as nothing has been done.......BGs been in the 3s all morning even with a 20% temp basal...now on 0%. Streess lower my BGs so it seems. Tea with sugar now :)

@helensaramay so glad you cleared that up with the house "brushng" I was starting to get a bit confused (say nothing @Knikki :hilarious::hilarious:)
@Mel dCP good luck with the art teaching today.....would be good to see the "art" they do lol

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, I’ve been up for a while. 6.2 this morning :)
Unfortunately I woke up during the early hours of the morning because a wisdom tooth decided it was a good time to go full force in pain. But diabetes was cool during the night.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not been too hideous so far today, there’s only four lessons on a Monday here. A day of the dead project with y8 and photography with y9 - I was runner up young photographer of the year when I was their age, so it was fun. Helping out in Geography last lesson.

Pod got dislodged from my left leg so went a bit too high for my liking, until I could find the first aid room so I could change it. Every time I’ve put a pod on that leg, it’s failed. No idea why, it’s fine on the other one.

Back to 5.1 now :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning
I have just had a "walk in clinic experience". My local surgery has walk in appointments every morning form 8am to 10:30. I was there at 7:45 and had to queue just to register and eventually got to see a doctor at 8:55. At least it gave me time to people watch. There was the stressed mother who had one ill kid and one that would be late to school. There was the confused old guy who was a week early for his appointment and got very argumentative when this was pointed out. There was the "important executive" who spent most of his time on the phone. There was the friendly Mum playing with her daughter and chatting to other Mums as she waited. There was the youf who shared his Youtube music with the waiting room. And there was the middle aged woman who was very upset that the water machine was not working. A lovely cross section of the local community.
The doc reckons, for the last two and a half weeks I have had a nasty wheezy cough virus that is going around and the red stuff I have been coughing up (along with the green slime) is where I have broken a blood vessel with all my coughing. I have an inhaler which should cure it. I hope so because I am very bored with coughing ... it's not good for work conference calls.

I hope exam marking is not too onerous, art class is fun, your 1274th last day of work is ok, you don't spend too much time floating in a carnivorous plant biome, work conversations improve and you have a good day.

Helen, our surgery has a walk in clinic every morning from 08:30 - 10:30. A couple of years ago, when I was having my bosom inspected every other day (I had a significant haematomy chucking out egg sized blood clots, post surgery), the ANP told me, as we were making small talk, that the best approach for the walk in clinic was to arrive around 09:30. By then the queue down the carpark had been dealt with and it was usually becoming civilised.

I wonder if that would be the case where you are too? Not that either of us want to be attending more than we can possibly avoid!