ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good afternoon. Day three of fast acting insulin. I've had two days of flatlining and this morning I injected my correction dose into my muscle by mistake and had my first hypo. 3.1 was the lowest in a matter of minutes. It was all over in 5 minutes later after I ate a sugar cube, but I did sweat profusely and my heart raced. At least I know I'm hypo aware. I still don't know how I managed it.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@ert - as you say, at least you know you're aware, and know what brought it on. That's great.

Home, lunch has been munched and I am sat with some rooibos tea just generally chilling. Life is good :happy:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP - yep, I'm a black coffee woman myself. Couldn't start my day without it! (Well, not and have my brain awake as well as my body ....)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ain't gonna put butter in anything!

Coffee comes naked, so does rooibos tea and herbal tea!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*** is going on.
Pre breakfast 7.4. Had strawberrys and natural yoghurt. And toast and ruduced sugar jam.
6 units of Humalog.

Then pre lunch 10.9
Had wrap with salad and with 2 tomatoes on side.
Pomm crisps
Little yoghurt.
4 units Humalog

Just took reading its dropped drastically to 4.7.

No idea wats going on.

Got appointment with diabetes nurse on Wed.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Did you check out the carbs in the wrap? They're normally quite high, and then tomatoes have natural sugars too. Crisps are fairly carby and yoghurt can be.

Do you carb count yet? A wrap, tomatoes & crisps would come to about 70g carb. Not a problem but you might have different ratios at differing times of day - a lot of us do. I run four basal rates and I know the pumpers can have loads.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiii no I'm not counting carbs.
Just trying to manage with insulin. Diabetes nurse said I'm doing great so far.
Will ask questions on Wednesday.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yo Matt! simple answer is 6u wasn't enough for breakfast, and lunch was spot on! :cool: (but you don't say what you were before breakfast?)

Sorry can't remember if you're still on fixed dosages or if you're carb counting and I:C ratio'd up? How many strawberries and slices of toast did you have? I very rarely eat yogurt so don't know how much carbs/sugar it has in it - I guess there was more carbs in there than your thought. And much less in your lunch?

The other factor is that your I:C ratio probably fluctuates a lot depending on the time of day/meal

Edit to add: Are you keeping a food diary as well as blood tests and dosages?

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood log book
IMG_20190624_161840.jpeg

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*** is going on.
Pre breakfast 7.4. Had strawberrys and natural yoghurt. And toast and ruduced sugar jam.
6 units of Humalog.

Then pre lunch 10.9
Had wrap with salad and with 2 tomatoes on side.
Pomm crisps
Little yoghurt.
4 units Humalog

Just took reading its dropped drastically to 4.7.

No idea wats going on.

Got appointment with diabetes nurse on Wed.

As a few people have said, given that you may still be in honeymoon phase where your pancreas is still producing little insulin which may explain your levels. From 7.4 to 10.9 doesn’t seem too dramatic. Strawberries, yogurt and toast have some carbs in them which may explain the jump in levels. Or that in the morning, our bg puts up a bit of fight during that time. Then settle nicely for lunch until bed time.
As times go on and with more experience, hopefully your team will refer you to a dietitian or a carb counting course to adjust doses for different meals during different times of the day. (More flexibility)

Reactions: Delticmatt100

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK. Tx guys. They gonna do x-ray on my Pancras some time soon to find out. Will they be able to tell how much insulin my Pancras could be making?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else sweating without doing anything? It’s quite warm atm.
Half of my face is swollen and my eyes are on the vegan ben and jerry’s ice cream. Hehehe

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pre breakfast was 7.4 from waking up

Doah - perhaps I should read posts properly - I completely missed the pre-breakfast 7.4 bit of your post! :facepalm:

So you only had a rise of 3.5 which isn't too bad really, and murphys law if you had done 7u your own pancreas would have probably kicked in and sent you low, which is what possibly happened at lunchtime too. Honeymooning isn't all it's made out to be.

Don't want to put a downer on your log book, unless you've logged food elsewhere those numbers soon become meaningless. What did you have for evening meal on Friday? or last friday etc.