What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm I appreciate your difficulty the plants suggested by @HarrisonK sound a good option or there are things at places like Robert Dyas which I imagine would be offputting while safe to the animal.
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, safe and dry!

Thank you. We will of course visit a garden centre here in the dark and dangerous north where they still stock triffids, woad and mistletoe.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and Viv19

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: dunelm

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. We will of course visit a garden centre here in the dark and dangerous north where they still stock triffids, woad and mistletoe.
The thing is cats are creatures of habit and if you deter them they will go somewhere else. I imagine this is happening at night when all is quiet. The other option which would probably suit your needs is you can spend a bit more on a detector linked to a tap which will spray water for a few seconds as the animal approaches. With children around that would be a good option. The granules or lion poo could go on the soil on your beds.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The thing is cats are creatures of habit and if you deter them they will go somewhere else. I imagine this is happening at night when all is quiet. The other option which would probably suit your needs is you can spend a bit more on a detector linked to a tap which will spray water for a few seconds as the animal approaches. With children around that would be a good option. The granules or lion poo could go on the soil on your beds.
Oh if only the owner of said cats could be given the considerable bills for all this paraphernalia. We will add the plants and the lion stuff. After that it’s the spring loaded trebuchets.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
..asking him to do was work with me on this and give his input...but he flew into a bit of a rage and shoved his face in mine saying he was the professional...so that has preyed on my mind every day since, like a nightmare, because he was so unpleasant. I cannot get the dietician’s face out of my head. Just so glad I will not be seeing him again.

Out right bullying, @gennepher .

Can't see them doing that with our very own Rock (@dunelm ) or Arnie (@johnpol )
Can you..?

Report I say.

That's how the Weinstein's get away with so much, it's just a lone voice, until others come forwards.

May not help you, but a quiet word now about being professional, may save others the trauma.

Good luck either way..

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh if only the owner of said cats could be given the considerable bills for all this paraphernalia. We will add the plants and the lion stuff. After that it’s the spring loaded trebuchets.
Even if the owners wanted to there would be nothing they could other than locking the cats in at night. The animal is doing what nature intended and I hope you can find a solution that is safe for the animal.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wish I’d seen that @johnpol I must admit I’ve never heard of your charity but thank goodness there are people like you to help. Bulldogs are gorgeous. Do you have a photo of your new pal?
I will try and attach a photo of Roger the Fossie dog from The Edward Foundation.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be late posting tomo as I have my second Lucentis injection at the eye clinic at 0800 which will mean leaving home very early.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. How are you feeling about it? I was just wondering if your slightly higher than expected fbg after a safe dinner, might be due to anxiety, conscious or unconscious, about it the injection.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lauren can't seem to go a block with stopping to feed a cat or two.
Where on earth does she find them...I love he photos jjaark...loving the scenery & the narrative...yours will be the only holiday I'll get this year.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will be late posting tomo as I have my second Lucentis injection at the eye clinic at 0800 which will mean leaving home very early.
Good luck & best wishes for the appointment PM...give us an update when you can.

Viv19

Having a higher bg reading this morning I thought it would be a sensible idea to check it again pre morning coffee. It’s even
a little higher. I was hoping for a consoling lower reading.
I think it must be stress and back pain, plus the stupid foot that I bashed on a chair leg twice in the last weeks (you know where the little toe goes one side of the leg and the rest of the foot the other!)
Apart from a few strawberries extra, my food yesterday was sensible. Really fed up. I shan’t test mid day again- that way madness lies!
Edit: I’ve done it again. Wrapped little toe around the table leg. It’s excruciating, worse than the last times. How stupid!

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Warning this posting will contain topics of an offensive nature to those of a sensitive nature and no tolerance of the absurd, please, please read no further, in fact do the sensible thing and block my postings on your news feed.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen but not politicians who seem to be running scared. Come the next election........

A 8.4 kept out of the meter this morning shouting " you know eating cheese late in the evening is bad for your blood sugars " the little blighter legged it into the garden before I could get at it.

Well folks yesterday was be nice to a neighbour day. I was nice to my neighbour. I never spoke to him all day.
I achieved my tasks yesterday. A rare occurrence. Today I am unsupervised and shortly will be drinking koffy with my pals chaos and mayhem hehehehe.

Good luck @dunelm with your quest to rid your garden of cats fouling your property. I at the moment don't appear to have that problem, but I would appreciate advice on how to rid my garden of tyrannosaurs's lurking in Mrs J's shrubbery.
Good luck to those on hospital visits and have a good day folks.
Don't forget tomorrow is nation bin day irrespective of colour and type.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 for me this morning

it's finally stopped raining after the non stop rainfest of yesterday ;) We shall probably treat ourselves to lunch out and a walk :)

@Pipp yep, knit and crochet ;)

and well the yarn stash tidying got started yesterday :hilarious:, still lots to be done next rainy day but I did put together some various stuff to go to the charity shop :)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even if the owners wanted to there would be nothing they could other than locking the cats in at night. The animal is doing what nature intended and I hope you can find a solution that is safe for the animal.
I have become embroiled in a discussion in another place. One poster suggested that cats don't like marigolds, which led someone else to say that any brand of rubber gloves would do the trick. People being what they are, this led to a discussion about all pets being wary of rubber gloves, particularly when seen in the company of an enema or rectal thermometer..... but I will stop there, in case this is too unsettling for some. We are the owners of two pampered and much loved mogs before you all start discharging torrents of fear and loathing at me

Reactions: DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So do I. I still have my old laser rangefinder in the attic.

Reactions: alf_Josiah