Is it possible?

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My BG was 5.8 when I tested it upon waking up this morning. Eyesight has got blurrier though close up- can hardly use my phone to text or read the laptop.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
My BG was 5.8 when I tested it upon waking up this morning. Eyesight has got blurrier though close up- can hardly use my phone to text or read the laptop.

Something that happens when you rapidly improve your BG levels.
Deep breath and patience, I think.

Reactions: Guna108

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I took my bg yesterday when I came in from work and it was 7.2 - I had fasted all day. I then ate 100g of cucumber, 2 cherry tomatoes and 40g of almonds , tested 2 hours later and my bg was 5.7. I don't really understand enough about bg to know why it was higher when fasting, but went down after eating. Is this what happens to most people?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I took my bg yesterday when I came in from work and it was 7.2 - I had fasted all day. I then ate 100g of cucumber, 2 cherry tomatoes and 40g of almonds , tested 2 hours later and my bg was 5.7. I don't really understand enough about bg to know why it was higher when fasting, but went down after eating. Is this what happens to most people?
You are still fairly early on in your journey so your body probably still has some excess glucose.. when you don't eat this glucose is dumped out into the blood to be used as fuel.
When you ate something you caused an insulin response which will lower your blood sugar because you ate a low carb meal there wasn't any excess sugar to be removed from the blood supply so your BG went down.

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are still fairly early on in your journey so your body probably still has some excess glucose.. when you don't eat this glucose is dumped out into the blood to be used as fuel.
When you ate something you caused an insulin response which will lower your blood sugar because you ate a low carb meal there wasn't any excess sugar to be removed from the blood supply so your BG went down.
Thank you for that clear explanation. So at this stage with my diabetes, is it better to fast more often or to eat very low carb meals in order to get rid of the excess glucose? How is it got rid of? Is it by weight loss? Sorry if I am asking the obvious.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for that clear explanation. So at this stage with my diabetes, is it better to fast more often or to eat very low carb meals in order to get rid of the excess glucose? How is it got rid of? Is it by weight loss? Sorry if I am asking the obvious.

The best way to get rid of excess glucose is not to put any in your mouth. It is that simple.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do both.. and suggest it's the most effective way.. try to eat once or twice a day and eat ultra low carb when you do..

Reactions: Guna108