Low Carb but not losing Weight?

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am eating a low carb diet and for the first few weeks i lost a decent amount of weight about 8lbs. The last couple of weeks I've stayed the same and this week I have gained 2 lbs. I don't make food (no time) I just buy low carb food, My typical day would be coffee for breakfast then maybe a fry-up for dinner (no bread or hash browns) tea-time Maybe halloumi fries with sausage and beans from the tin..... for snacks i eat nuts and rasberries and double cream maybe the odd hotdog type sausage also babybells. Some days I'll have a salad or a tradional chicken dinner. I'm wondering without making recipes and stuff where I'm going wrong and why I lost to start with then not anymore. I weighed 13 st 13lbs when i started got down to 13st 4 lbs now back up to 13st 6lbs. Can anyone help as I am stumped?

Also my Sugar levels are very good.

Reactions: figster

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
are you counting the carbs in sausages and beans?

Also, some of us also have to watch our fat intake otherwise we dont lose weight.

Reactions: catarinagallo

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
are you counting the carbs in sausages and beans?

Also, some of us also have to watch our fat intake otherwise we dont lose weight.
I'm not but the confusing thing is I haven't changed how i eat but the weight stopped coming off?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be due to eating too much fat?

Last edited:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought that was the point of LCHF?
true, you replace the amount of carbs you would eat with fats and protein. But not unlimited fat. Fat has twice the calorific value of carbs. Many find they can eat unlimited fats, others find that a much higher fat intake cn cause weight gain or the weight to stall.

How are you counting and working out your food intake? How do you know how much carb, protein and fat you are eating?

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
true, you replace the amount of carbs you would eat with fats and protein. But not unlimited fat. Fat has twice the calorific value of carbs. Many find they can eat unlimited fats, others find that a much higher fat intake cn cause weight gain or the weight to stall.

How are you counting and working out your food intake? How do you know how much carb, protein and fat you are eating?
I don't really I just "wing it" really ha. My Hba1c was 73 so I knew I had to do something about it and as far as my sugars go it's spot on, Maybe more salads and veg and less Fat is worth a try......... I eat lots of cheese and Nuts, maybe cut back on those

Reactions: catarinagallo

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't really I just "wing it" really ha. My Hba1c was 73 so I knew I had to do something about it and as far as my sugars go it's spot on, Maybe more salads and veg and less Fat is worth a try......... I eat lots of cheese and Nuts, maybe cut back on those
are you testing your blood before and 2 hours after meals to see thier effect on your blood sugars? Diabetes, even Type 2, is not something to wing and rely on 3-6 month blood tests. Daily fluctuations matter, especially if trying to low carb. How do you know you are low carbing if you are not counting carbs and tracking the results of meals?

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
are you testing your blood before and 2 hours after meals to see thier effect on your blood sugars? Diabetes, even Type 2, is not something to wing and rely on 3-6 month blood tests. Daily fluctuations matter, especially if trying to low carb. How do you know you are low carbing if you are not counting carbs and tracking the results of meals?
Yes I test before food and 2 hours after eating and my sugars are usually between 5 and 7 my highest reading was 9.2 over the last 6 weeks so sugars and my Diabetes is back on track just the lack of weight loss is the problem

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat lots of cheese and nuts. But am still losing over a kilo a month. But we are all different.

Reactions: kevkevkev

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat lots of cheese and Nuts,
All nuts are not created equal.. which nuts and how many are you having?
Same with sausages.. you want to look for high meat content ones.. 97% pork are the best. Beans best avoided too mushrooms cooked in butter would be a better alternative?

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All nuts are not created equal.. which nuts and how many are you having?
Same with sausages.. you want to look for high meat content ones.. 97% pork are the best. Beans best avoided too mushrooms cooked in butter would be a better alternative?
Thank You I will check the meat content and i mainly eat salted peanuts (not the best i know)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank You I will check the meat content and i mainly eat salted peanuts (not the best i know)
A they're not even nuts...plus they are usually roasted in rubbish seed oils
B they're kind of ok carb wise but very very easy to eat more than you should!

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A they're not even nuts...plus they are usually roasted in rubbish seed oils
B they're kind of ok carb wise but very very easy to eat more than you should!
Yep soon as I open the pack I normally eat them all