Marscapone and Other Such Cheeses

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Marscapone. As an alternative to Greek yogurt and or double cream. I enjoy this stuff, but is it likely to “clog our arteries up” etc?

3.5g / 100 carbs

45g / 100 fat

Last edited:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
So what exactly are you wanting to know @Listlad ?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it likely to do any harm from a fat intake point of view?

Depends what your carb intake is like, I eat all sat fat with impunity but that’s because I don’t eat carbs. If I were eating carbs (which I never will again) I’d avoid fat, I don’t think the two go together well.

Reactions: MangosteenElbow

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends what your carb intake is like, I eat all sat fat with impunity but that’s because I don’t eat carbs. If I were eating carbs (which I never will again) I’d avoid fat, I don’t think the two go together well.
Okay, but do you think loads of the stuff would be harmful, either way?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I just answered that and I have a feeling you are heading towards some sort of punchline. You know all about LCHF.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have never eaten that type of cheese, I do go through a lot of Danish Blue cheese and Cheddar though.

My blood tests for a full panel cholesterol test are great, I get these every three months alongside my hba1c blood test. It would be the best way of checking if that cheese/s is going to clog you up over a period of time.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been eating higher fat foods for some 4 decades now - whenever I could get away with it, and last time I was at the clinic the nurse did my blood pressure and seemed rather disappointed that it was absolutely normal. That is the usual reaction after I tell them about all the 'bad' fats I eat.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never eaten that type of cheese, I do go through a lot of Danish Blue cheese and Cheddar though.

My blood tests for a full panel cholesterol test are great, I get these every three months alongside my hba1c blood test. It would be the best way of checking if that cheese/s is going to clog you up over a period of time.
Nice answer. Thanks.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have noticed some members tend to be adverse to the higher fat cream cheeses as opposed to the harder cheeses and wondered if there was a good reason for that?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Strangely, the food you eat does not go straight into your arteries.
As in:

“Blocked arteries, also known as Atherosclerosis, is the build-up of fibrous and fatty material inside the arteries and is the underlying condition that causes coronary heart disease and other circulatory diseases.”

In the past the expression has been often used casually to refer to the build up of such fatty materials from eating the wrong form of food (maybe such as high fat cream cheese) so the question for the learned font of knowledge is directed towards that angle.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ask the members you have noticed?
I will wait and see what they say in their own good time.

I will probably go down the route suggested by Tipetoo and have a cholesterol test done at the local pharmacist.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will wait and see what they say.

I will probably go down the route suggested byTipetoo and have a cholesterol test done at the local pharmacist.
if you search the forum or website, there are many threads and articles about the significance (or not) of cholesterol levels.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
if you search the forum or website, there are many threads and articles about the significance (or not) of cholesterol levels.
Yes but it was soft cream type cheeses I was interested in. Thats because I eat a lot of that stuff.

Yes of course, why start a thread when it can be searched. Good point. :D

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes but it was soft cream type cheeses I was interested in. Thats because I eat a lot of that stuff.

Yes of course, why start a thread when it can be searched. Good point. :D
I see that thread starting for the purpose of meaningless argument and put downs is a thing. Bowing out.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I see that thread starting for the purpose of meaningless argument and put downs is a thing. Bowing out.
The thread was started to try and ascertain the drawbacks (if any) of eating larger quantities of soft cream cheese as part of a lower carb higher fat diet. That’s it. No more no less. If nobody knows then so be it. Best answers so far have been from Tipetoo and Resurgam.

Shades of Q ‘s thread come flooding back.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marscapone 44% fat
Cheddar 35% fat
Ricotta 7% fat
If that is useful, interesting or significant I have no idea, I just eat them.

Reactions: Krystyna23040