Type 1'stars R Us

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
And as a keen knitter of socks, I’ll need a lifetime supply of Very Expensive Yarn. To go with my carbon fibre knitting needles.

I'll see if I can lie to the sponsors enough to pitch up some cash to send me Chile , if that works out, I'll send you some wool from a llama...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If I buy those, how much would I need to inject for wearing them?
teensokken.jpg

Reactions: slip

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
teensokken.jpg

At least 1 rage unit for each time you put a toe in the wrong toe-hole and another 10 for the massive carb treat you eat when you’ve finally pulled them up. Be great to wear for feeding guinea pigs.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Lol, my weekend.? All about flashing the Libre with pride.
Fixed underarm, (works for me! & pretty consistent with a finger prick 15% higher from a corresponding hand.) Avoiding door jams & more importantly tearing it off with bass players, drum kits & mic stands.. Crowd hugging was a challenge... Surprising little spike at this event. (In darkest/sunniest Somerset.) But nothing to shrimp about...

image.png

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was nice seeing my family today, we all enjoyed a bit of Wimbledon Mens tennis as well. My mum said Rosie (my baby cousin) is teething. Am I stupid to say that is a bit soon for an 8 month old baby? I know babies grow at different rates, but teething at 8 months? :wideyed:

I just spent the week looking after my mum (Alzhiemers.) whilst my sister & family took a break..

The Libre was spotted. "What's that on your arm.?" There's only soooooo many times I can explain it sensibly a million times....
I went from a CGM to I keeps me "linked in to Theresa May?" She was gobsmacked at Thatcher's demise.. " (neither of us were into her politics.) "the patch? It's more civilised than a pee test.."
She deserves my respect for keeping me alive in the early daze...
Lol, "how are you doing" when I scan my arm... She gets it.! :) In her own way. & still (some how.) knows the deal.

Mum. Still an absolute star! :cool:

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
teensokken.jpg

I'd wear'em to work, just to see the look on the boss's face as he fought with himself as to whether he should say anything and risk upsetting me.... (not one of his preferred options, by a long shot - I believe I am there to work and anything else I wear or do is totally my choice; I can be very vocal)...

Reactions: Antje77

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, all dressed up and so far, nowhere to go. Waiting for the foot on the floor rise to happen so I can tell Elvis to dose for 10g fast carbs - that seems to be a good strategy to nail that! If I just do, say, a 1.2u bolus, it’ll zero the temp basal to make up for it, if it doesn’t think there are any carbs there. Fake carb entries seem to do the trick quite well. Had a slight dip to 3.4 as my alarm went off this morning, but just one dextrose tab dealt with that - one thing I’ve noticed with lows is how little I need to bring myself back up again. An hour later and I’m sitting at 5.1... We’re getting to know each other now :)

@Jaylee - love the pic! So now we know what your band is called...

Reactions: hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee two great posts, and there was me trying to hit the play button! (it is still early.......isn't it?) - bless your mum.

Bloods have been behaving - well they've gone down when I've had to correct :rolleyes:

So the cat, he's still doing great. He will be having his tube taken out on wednesday - and then he can go out! been a logistical nightmare with 2 other cats, 1 cat flap and not being able to keep doors open in the heat, down side is if the vet says he has to keep taking the tablets then.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, Monday has finally come around again, so whatever you're doing today, i hope it will be good :)

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @Antje77 love the socks, think you may need these to go with them: https://www.vibrams.co.uk/
@Jaylee, agree with @slip, two great posts and I'm gratified to learn I wasn't the only one to hit the play button!
@slip so good your cat's getting better, fingers crossed no pills after Wednesday - unless you still have the armour :cat:

Reactions: karen8967

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Oddly, the mid and high fours are where I'm comfiest. Dangerous, and the consultant gets cross but being in the 4's makes me feel energetic and totally in the moment.
I love the 4's. (Sounds like an indie rock band.)

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehe anyone would think I'm a junkie lol. My needle shields. Takes the pain away from injecting. These are a godsend
IMG_20190715_105249.jpeg
IMG_20190715_105244.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: Fairygodmother

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Diabetnam!

BGs hovering in the late fours this morning.
Long weekend day off with my wife. Will need to nip the bloods up for later as I'm driving to the tip after a bit of R&R in the garden yesterday.. (Compostables & garage clearance.)

@Jaylee - love the pic! So now we know what your band is called...

Lol, true... But you don't know what the other band is called.. ;)

@Jaylee - I doubt if anyone noticed your Libre when you wear a shirt like that.

The shirt was bought in haste two years ago when we decided to do a Hawaiian theme stage set? With palm trees & inflatable flamingos..
It fell out the rack as I was reaching for a tee. I tend to let "chance" pick what I wear.. :cool::D