Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Pah, who needs knickers?

I read exactly the same way. In bed, no bedside light, so I don’t disturb the husbeast. Much as I adore “proper” books, they don’t light up!

Ahhh, but sometimes we find special books that light us up from the inside :happy: So, maybe one day we might have devices implanted in us to show us the light and plug in to recharge in different colours too, you could have purple :)
ps we will have to be careful where the implant is put o_O:p

Reactions: WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, up early at silly o'clock as Pebbles cat wanted out :cat::rolleyes: so, what ever you're doing today, hope it's a good one. Happy Sunday :)

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I cannot get my evening/overnight figures right. I've been having a reasonable amount of exercise, nothing I've not done before, it's been very warm, and I'm either hypo or hyper after dinner, and last night when I wasn't I woke up on a 13 which zipped up to a 14.8 by the time I'd got downstairs. I've tried more carb, less carb for dinner, upped and downed bolus and basal,

I sympathise with you, mine have been the same, it's so frustrating when you are trying to do all the things right, but they keep turning out wrong, no matter what you do !!

Good morning @hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ahhh, but sometimes we find special books that light us up from the inside :happy: So, maybe one day we might have devices implanted in us to show us the light and plug in to recharge in different colours too, you could have purple :)

I want that implant NOW!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Afternoon friends, I am very tired. According to my libre I’ve hypoed all night and I did feel it was a struggle to get out of bed earlier today. 4.7 on meter, 4.8 on libre, I think the update isn’t doing too shabby.
I know some of you have said 4.5 ish isn’t quite hypo, for me I feel absolutely rubbish. You’ll find me eating at around that level :(

Oddly, the mid and high fours are where I'm comfiest. Dangerous, and the consultant gets cross but being in the 4's makes me feel energetic and totally in the moment.

Reactions: hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Good morning enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone

It's the mens' finals today - I'll enjoy that. I'd like Roger to win but no great problem if he doesn't. The win for him (for me) was him beating Nadal in the semis.

Other than that - today promises to be a fairly chilled out sort of a day. A play day!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Couldn't agree more. One of the most interesting aspects is seeing how we all manage the same condition, in such different ways, and yet each (mostly) works. Makes me think about life, the universe and everything :watching:

Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It worked. Left the washing out all night and it’s rained, and boy did the leaves and soil need it. Magic. Wonder if the same technique would work for night time bloods - 10u too many and hypo, 9.5 too few and hyper. What would happen if I slept out in the garden?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Fairygodmother - my mum used to leave the washing out for ages. When I asked why she said "when it's on the line it's washing, but when it comes back into the house it's ironing" Very wise woman, my mum :happy:

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They said the names but can't remember of hand.
I. Am. Officially. Bored. Over the past 10 days I cannot get my evening/overnight figures right. I've been having a reasonable amount of exercise, nothing I've not done before, it's been very warm, and I'm either hypo or hyper after dinner, and last night when I wasn't I woke up on a 13 which zipped up to a 14.8 by the time I'd got downstairs. I've tried more carb, less carb for dinner, upped and downed bolus and basal, and I'm sick to death of jelly babies. Don't like them anyway and have eaten far more of them than any person should have to :meh::confused::sour: Thanks for listening, rant over.

@Delticmatt100 good luck with the tests, did they say what they were?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

They said the names but can't remember of hand.

Well, you'll probably find out when you get the results.

Do you do the patient on-line access thing? I find it's a great help because I get all my test records going back many a long year. I downloaded them all and it's interesting looking through them.

Or if this was at the hospital, did you ask for a copy of the letter they write to your GP? I always do; just because I forget what they say at the meetings sometimes.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning scanners said 7.5 bloods 10.4 :hilarious: And the box has a sticker on saying "More accurate" :rolleyes::hilarious:

@hh1 Jaffa Cakes are your answer take a little longer than jelly babies to kick in but they are small bundle of joy to eat when your BSL is on the low side.
Thanks @Knikki, but for me jaffa cakes are the food of the devil, worse even than jelly babies. Orange goop in the middle - no, no, no!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It’s already been noted that my RileyLink glows through my top!

Oddly, the mid and high fours are where I'm comfiest. Dangerous, and the consultant gets cross but being in the 4's makes me feel energetic and totally in the moment.
Yup, me too. I only run it a bit higher if I need to drive or work.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ha! The clash of the drugs strikes again. Thankfully this is my last full day on the wretched antibiotics (just one tablet first thing tomorrow to go). I think - not swearing to it - I think they mgith have worked this time. Mind you, wait a week and see whether I still think that. *somewhat cheesed off with tablets that don't work*

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
It's the mens' finals today - I'll enjoy that. I'd like Roger to win but no great problem if he doesn't. The win for him (for me) was him beating Nadal in the semis.

Other than that - today promises to be a fairly chilled out sort of a day. A play day!
Yes. Finals day. I'm excited for Federer also.
I've been early morning gardening. Blood sugars rose to 8 mmol/l which I corrected with Fiasp. The irony is all of that hard work, and so far this season I have grown two courgettes and two raspberries. I'm certainly very good at digging, but I'd seriously starve if I had to rely on my own produce.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@ert - when I was little we lived in Singapore, and mum grew a pineapple plant in the garden. It fruited and we waited and waited for it to be ripe. Then the night before we were going to pick it, some b*****r picked it and made off with it!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Share some energy please, :hilarious: