1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm not one of life's worriers and whilst I do agree that this nurse is a bit of a hillock I understand her concerns over prescribing. I'm dreadful to prescribe for - if I'm not allergic to it, it clashes with my epilepsy meds. And I ask that wherever possible prescriptions take my ethical choices into account.

She's probably hoping that I'll curl up in a ball and roll away.

I will pop in at lunch on my way home from work; you never know - I might get somewhere. Probably not though - she's one of those people that are a bit "I have said what I have said, and I will not unsay it"... y'know the type - so jobsworth it ain't true. I wouldn't mind but last time round one of the GP's got hold of me, prescribed after I described the symptoms and told me to drop a pee sample in later on.

2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning

Yes longest day to day so plan is:
    Finish swearing, cursing, blaming tech at work and on arm.
    Go home.
    Nose bag.
    Later, open bottle of wine and sit in the back garden and watch the sun go down :) (which is actually a bit tricky because the sun sets on the other side of the house :hilarious: )

Other than that, Free Hug for anyone who would like, want one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Goooood morning

Yes, it has started well.

MIL had her op yesterday and it went ok. Biggest problem was when the surgeon explained what he was going to do and it made her feel "icky". I'd love to know the details and it helps me understand what I can and cannot do. However, she would rather live in ignorant bliss.
    Himselve's flight at the weekend will not be wasted and I get to spend a fortnight home alone watching what I want, eating what I want and doing it all when I want. (Not that it's all about me me me.)

Add to that the cute young fox who spent 30 minutes or so sunning itself in our garden this morning and a lovely ripe mango I had for brekkie and it is a good day.

Ok, so the demo system at work is worthy of some swearing cursing and blaming tech from @Knikki
    But I will politely decline his hugs to avoid him getting his lurgy back again in time for the weekend ... which would probably make him swear and curse even more than tech.

Enjoy the long day of sun

• Like Like x 6
  5. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank @Knikki, hugs always welcome. Get them when we arrive at our favourite Thai, regular customers!
    Edited to explain it’s a restaurant. Had a proper Thai massage on a beach once, an old woman who said it would make me strong, walked up and down my back, kneaded and pulled all limbs, pummelled, twisted, stretched.
    Hurt all over for days!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. WuTwo

@Fairygodmother - not liking the idea of your being hurt, but always wanted to try one of those massages!

I don't know where everyone is. No-one else has come in!:wideyed: I can't see that it's a day off on the schedules. Most odd.

Still - I'm getting a lot done :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@SueJB see you there tomorrow - You'll be able to recognise me by the dog! (We get quite a few people coming over to say 'Hi' to the dog so you'll have to 'slip' in the code word so I know it's you and you don't embarrass yourself in front of total strangers :joyful: :hilarious:)

BGs have been rather good of late - the lull before the storm I reckon! (oh just remembered it is, dinner out with friends tonight......it'll be a miracle if I manage to keep on top of it.)

• Like Like x 4
  8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Omg.....drooling here....my favourite

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Wow, kist took me an your to catch up with all the gossip...
    Week off has been good, loads of gardening done, hedges cut back etc. I am not a lover of gardening lol. Hypos most of yesterday even with hardly any basal going in too!!! All good this morning thou

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well got grandkids to school on time, a lit bit early to be exact.
    Sugars settled down once I fell asleep last night. Cruises along at 6’s and 7’s according to Dexcom.
    Finger prick first thing said 5.7.
    So a great day so far . A 5.7 on waking, 45 min cuddles in bed with grandkids, no spilt breakfast cereals, no arguements, school on time and an extra big hug from my granddaughter at going in time. The hug took me by surprise as we had already done the goodbyes.
    Going out for lunch soon, hopefully something tasty and meaty and carby.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My bf got a hair cut today and wow what a difference. He has thick luscious hair that grows very fast. (I’d kill to have hair like him, reckon I can go remodify my genes/dna or blame my parents for the lack of hair? ) but he looks like he shredded 3kg in hair :)
    I had a mild hypo but I won’t be having lunch any time soon, so heres to downing hypo treatments.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. MeiChanski

I might whip up crispy tofu in a sweet soy sauce, lots of garlic and ginger with a side of broccoli. Possibly a teaspoon of rice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. helensaramay

Make some extra ... I'll be popping around :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MeiChanski

Always welcomed :)
    @Knikki please bring cake

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm starting training to be a paramedic :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. helensaramay

Phew! I have finally got off my 30 minute conference call to a friendly chap in China. It started at 10am!
    There was a lot of @Knikki like swearing and cursing at technology from my side during the first 20 minutes when he couldn't hear me.

Time for lunch!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine definitely didn't listen :sour:
    Did I or did I not forget to bolus? If I knew I didn't I would curse at stupid diabetes and correct with 2, maybe 3 units for the bg I'm seeing now. If I did I missed 11 or 12 needed units and it will keep going up with this correctional dose.
    Opted for 6 units, not enough if I forgot but relatively easy to eat for if I start dropping like a stone in the next hour or so. Thank you, Libre, for enabling me to keep a close eye on what's happening!
    And that's only the start of my day, hope I get it right again before the whole eating out and long car drive with aunts thing comes... :bag:

• Hug Hug x 3
  18. WuTwo

Whack some decent music on and blast it out - in these circs I heartily recommend Alter Bridge or Nightwish until the worst of the gibbering fury is over- and then I gradually bring it down until I can finish off with something classical that will totally chill me out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Delticmatt100

Delticmatt100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hey friends had good readings today so far.
    6.7 pre breakfast. 5.3 pre lunch.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well, I’m all over the place today. Hit double figures, then rage bolussed and crashed a bit.

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook