What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...coffee done so off out to collect a chair I've had my eye on...rain last night so a cool breezy morning...woke to a 6.3
Hope nobody sat on that chair.
Oops, I’m getting my coat.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.4fbg again. I couldn't be happier with far far less insulin and great bgs. Seeing consultant in 2mths time and hv loads of data for him, already.
Lower carbed foods are making a difference but I'm sticking to the crust of a balanced diet in miniscule portions.
Potato mixed in equals: peaks then keeps steady bg.
Without potato I hv to constantly watch out for a nasty hypo. Basal reduction takes a few days to make the difference, for me.
No hypos and losing weight, losing amount of units to inject is my main objective.
I still only lose if I'm in 5s and 6s.
7s change the ballgame. Always has.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take care x, have you received your pump yet ?
no not yet phil i have to have another appointment with dietician think it will take around another 7/8weeks i have decided on the ypso pump as its not as bulky as the medtronic one to be honest i cant wait as levels are all over the place lately either low or high and not much inbetween on holiday they were horrendous and kept getting ketones i was glad to get home so roll on pump day :(

Reactions: philchap1

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. McDs gave me a hot choc instead of coffee and had a mouthful before realising! How sweet! So now 6.5 after that mouthful!
Went out for dinner last night, starter was Chipotle Chicken which spiked me to 9.5 but recovered very quickly (and it was delicious) won’t do that too often!

Have a great day everyone

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.5 for me. I'd like it to come in closer to 5. I overdid the Fiasp correction last night and woke at 3 am to 3.9 and ate one square of chocolate. Memo to myself: don't correct unless 5 hours before bedtime. Just roll with it. Have a safe day everyone.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
no not yet phil i have to have another appointment with dietician think it will take around another 7/8weeks i have decided on the ypso pump as its not as bulky as the medtronic one to be honest i cant wait as levels are all over the place lately either low or high and not much inbetween on holiday they were horrendous and kept getting ketones i was glad to get home so roll on pump day :(
I've got a pump change beginning of August and decided on the ypsopump, not a lot of information about it as it's fairly new but the review's I've read are good .