What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its so frustrating isn't it.
My levels were in the 7-8s and I just couldn't bring myself to post them with everyone doing so well :(
Mine have gone up & I know there's nothing I can do...often happens to me in summer...support is needed when we feel challenged by our results...so post away there there's no judgement here.

Reactions: Prem51

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine have gone up & I know there's nothing I can do...often happens to me in summer...support is needed when we feel challenged by our results...so post away there there's no judgement here.
You're right, support is needed. I just suffered in silence though I did try and stayed positive.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're right, support is needed. I just suffered in silence though I did try and stayed positive.
I had a similar thought process Starfish then realised there was no point in only posting when I was in non-diabetic range...its about sharing information...seeing how diabetes affects us as individuals you must never be worried about posting your FBG here whatever range it is...we all learn something.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a similar thought process Starfish then realised there was no point in only posting when I was in non-diabetic range...its about sharing information...seeing how diabetes affects us as individuals you must never be worried about posting your FBG here whatever range it is...we all learn something.
You're right

Reactions: HarryBeau

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is spot on. If we only see the good results then it can be so demoralising to think we are the only ones struggling. Especially important to those new to diabetes to know they are not alone in struggles, but also for those who have been long term diabetes and are seeing previous control methods are being less effective.

Also encouraging when we see suggested reasons for higher numbers, and solutions.

Reactions: Ryhia and Prem51

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is spot on. If we only see the good results then it can be so demoralising to think we are the only ones struggling. Especially important to those new to diabetes to know they are not alone in struggles, but also for those who have been long term diabetes and are seeing previous control methods are being less effective.

Also encouraging when we see suggested reasons for higher numbers, and solutions.
From now on I will post all my fbg whether theyre high or low

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If we only see the good results then it can be so demoralising to think we are the only ones struggling.
I have been in the 4's & 5's mostly during the three years since diagnosis...now my levels are generally higher by approximately 1-2mmols...I am working on that & testing regularly...in comparison to my HbA1c at diagnosis (17.4) I am still managing my diabetes fairly well...I believe we need to look at how far we've come on the diabetes treadmill and in managing our conditions.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back up to 7.2 for me this morning :bag: woke up feeling anxious though o_O
I think you are probably right and stress and anxiety is impacting on your blood levels. It also becomes a self fulfilling prophecy as we stress about high FBGs which in turn puts our levels up.
We have got son, wife and two children coming to visit us for a week, travelling up Salisbury today. One of the children is 9 months old and has just started crawling the other is 3 and into everything so I am searching the place for hazards at present. I love having them but making sure everything is just right can be stressful, that along with my Hba1c test next week... My morning bloods were 6.5. Now where can I hide my Lancets?;)