What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke to rain & the garden looking resplendent for a short while until the sun reappears...amazing how the ravaged lawn ( 'Plumpy's work which he is inordinately proud of & adds to at every opportunity) looks green & verdant for the time being...radiator & boiler both fixed...this week I have been fleeced financially...although I have a home care plan with British Gas there is an excess on the policy yesterday there was a £99 cost in addition to my monthly payments...I have paid the 'bus gate' fines there's no point in taking it to the adjudicator way up north in West Bromwich cheaper to pay the fines...then another lovely surprise a bus lane ticket from Camden...apparently the bus lane that usually operates from 7am-10am is now a 24hr no go area who'd have thought...wonder how many unsuspecting motorists they've caught this last two weeks...woke to a 6.1

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19 and dunelm

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I'm good thanks but struggling to make my wife and granddaughter believe the Drs note saying Peppa Pig World could prove fatal to me. Any other ideas?

Hmmm a dilemma for you
Just go with the flow it’ll be alright

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher congrats you are storming this FBG.
I am having coffee with a friend today. We are both struggling to downsize, she has had 4 deals fall through. Anytime we find anything of interest it sells within a week which just goes to show we are all looking for the same thing in this difficult market. I think the problem is its all old money around here and families cant afford what we are offering. If we do get a good offer we will go into rented.
Have a good Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

@PenguinMum Thank you!

Hugs. It is hard selling.
I hope it works out how you want it.

>^..^<

Reactions: Viv19 and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher great news on entering the 7s.
Today the meter showed 4.8 and a never knowingly undersold message so who knows as I don't have a non diabetic drop of blood in my body . Off to Southampton for a couple of days to see 2 granddaughters. No likey Soton much, no likey hotels and defo won't like Peppa Pig world. Is praying for heavy rain really bad? Final sterilisation of all surfaces and full air change before we go as 8 week old granddaughter staying to house sit - I think her dad means help with wine and spirits clearance ahead of the move.
@ianpspurs Thank you!
Oh dear...Peppa Pig World...:wideyed:..but there will be happy grandchildren, and some nice Peppa Pig toys for you to buy them from the (expensive) shop...

>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Thank you!
Oh dear...Peppa Pig World...:wideyed:..but there will be happy grandchildren, and some nice Peppa Pig toys for you to buy them from the (expensive) shop...

>^..^<
Rain and thunderstorms Friday and Saturday in Southampton weather forecast so may dodge a bullet for now. Eventually the full horror will be visited upon me. Goodness knows what taking all four girls there would be like - except expensive.:arghh:

Reactions: Viv19

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for this jjraak
Hawaii Five O
Hope you have a good day
Whereabouts are you - any plans for your day?
Doctors, first appt done, blood draw next.so fasted...appt 15 mins late..hospital was better.:rolleyes:

Shakes gone, thought I'd be Hank Marvin, but surprisingly not.
But am looking forward to a pleasurable breakfast, eggs, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, Tom's.....yum, yum.

Have a good un, yourself as well.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, fellow contenders, we are over the Hump Day and well into the homestretch.

6.8 this morning after a very short but good sleep.

Off now to try yet another possibility for transportation to the little town. Starting to feel like giving up on the move, which may be a smart decision, or else an inevitable one.

I love Peppa Pig and would love to visit her world -- Six Flags on the night after a stormy day was great, cool and not crowded, and the rides that were closed were of no "attraction" to my group.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
back from bloods.

A rather pleasant experience.
chap drawing them offered apologies, with a good reason, then
proceeded to put me at my ease, comment on each part in the positive,
a full check of my feet with explanation of what he was hoping for, all conducted
in a friendly well humoured manner.

Even got him to agree to stick b12 test down for my bloods..
(may not get done, if it has to be ok'd ) but if so it's a useful tool
to have as a measure for ongoing.

weight, waist, BP all in the good zone, so a very happy
T2D after leaving the surgery..:)

Viv19

I'm good thanks but struggling to make my wife and granddaughter believe the Drs note saying Peppa Pig World could prove fatal to me. Any other ideas?

Grit your teeth, gird your loins, and prepare to to be persuaded ianpspurs. Peppa Pig and probably Pingu and friends won’t kill you, and you’ll only lose a few grey cells. And you know that your granddaughter will only need to cuddle up with you for you to find everything that she does quite charming . Little girls always have a special fondness for their grandads.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
back from bloods.

a full check of my feet with explanation of what he was hoping for, all conducted

Yay! I am happy for you!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
back from bloods.

All good stuff jj it helps when the HCPs are encouraging and pleasant. I’m sure your results will be great.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not sure where today has gone. Got up at 6 and this is the first time I have sat down and now it is only for 5 mins. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary - bins, shopping, walking dogs, work - but the day has vanished.
If I remember correctly my meter gave me a 4.3 this morning.
Take care