Help with gluco reading

Mumtosix

Hi I have just done my suger levels and gluco meter keeps saying HI I am feeling very tied and funny is this anything to worry about could please let me know have tried GP but closed till tomorrow

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could try the 111 line - but you might need 999.
Without details of your type and treatment is is difficult to advise further - drinking a couple of glasses of water might help in the meantime, but if you continue to feel worse in the next hour or so you should not be alone and might need the emergency services.

Mumtosix

I feel very tied and funny can anyone give me any information I have phoned G P but are closed till tomorrow I just don’t feel right

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @Resurgam
I would add that you could also try washing your hands and try testing again to see if the meter gives you a number

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel very tied and funny can anyone give me any information I have phoned G P but are closed till tomorrow I just don’t feel right
You will probably get more useful replies if you fill in your profile, in particular what type of diabetes do you have and what treatment are you on. You will need to do this via a browser not the app.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mumtosix ,

Welcome to the forum. I certainly agree with ringing 111.

Are you able to test for ketones?

What type & medications are you prescribed? (If any.)

Mumtosix

Hi thank you for replying i constantly washing hands when checking my levels l have recently been put on steroids and they said suger my go up a bit but had them at 7.30 this morning and it’s just going up and up

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does not do key tones I’m insulin morning and night and metphomine twice a day

Time to ring the NHS helpline.. The meter saying "HI" could be anything over 33Mmol? Which is not advisable.

Wishing you the best of luck.