Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys and the weekend is here.
I am working at my other job today, promoting an Iced coffee drink, but I doubt I will try it, as it already has sugar in it :rolleyes: as I haven't had sugar in drinks for 46 years lol, but, I may have a sip on my break?
Have a good weekend :)
edited to change word.

Reactions: WuTwo and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Greeting my fellow teabags and pumpers hope you all had a good day.

Just had my worst hypo for a long time dropped really fast from BG 3.5 to BG 2.4 and heading was spinning felt really woozy. panic sets in so cup of coffee 6 sugars and disconnect the pump. Took about 10 minutes before even felt remotely normalish. Now waiting for the inevitable huge spike

Welcome back @porl69

How are you today, hypo's are the pits at times ?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
All made easier by my self funded Libre. A fantastic piece of kit. It is eating into my old age care/funeral costs, but if there is no money left because the NHS won’t fund this relatively cheap object then it will cost them a shedload later.

Think of the Libre as a provision for your old age in that with it, you're more likely to actually have an old age? And to not need the care costs!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, off to see friends in Hampshire, staying overnight whilst I have no dog or puppy responsibilities. Am doing a few things like that until 4 weeks time when puppy arrives. Woke on a respectable 4.7 this morning despite Libre telling me I was hypo.

Have a good weekend all, whatever you're up to, I'm planning to, setting off with plenty of Prosecco for this evening ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, off to see friends in Hampshire, staying overnight whilst I have no dog or puppy responsibilities. Am doing a few things like that until 4 weeks time when puppy arrives. Woke on a respectable 4.7 this morning despite Libre telling me I was hypo.

Have a good weekend all, whatever you're up to, I'm planning to, setting off with plenty of Prosecco for this evening ;)

Have a great time and Hampshire is beautiful, just wish the sun would come out :happy:

Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all - yesterday's Very Bad Mood has mostly worn off, probably as a result of doing the clearing and decluttering in the areas which had been fully ignored since last summer! The music room, however, has several bags of stuff for sorting out in it for the next seriously rainy day! All neatly hidden, though, so I can still go in and do the few music lessons which carry on over the summer and purposely ignore it all.

Not sure how I used to organise myself before the sturdy orange Bags for Life with elephants on them appeared in my world. They make an excellent basic first sort device, then I feel accomplished when I've done the next level of sorting, bag at a time. So, there are two bags of organist's stuff, three bags of tutor stuff which is non-confidential but worth keeping in case I do this role again, and a bag of finance/life admin to do when I'm up to it again. Possibly after I've been and replaced the shredder which died a few years ago, but I never replaced as I've had easy access to a workplace industrial one + a colleague who had the results of my shreddings for a pet so we never felt I was adding to the workplace recycling.

However, I'm still mentally and emotionally utterly wiped out and disinclined to do anything more than mooch and pootle for the next few days. Madame DP is taking full advantage of this to play up or Levemir is on its end of pen need more basal game.

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Japes - dunno whether to like or hug, so I went for hug :)

Reactions: Japes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@michita asked me about my posting history, and so I thought I'd tell you all -

When I originally joined this board (before I had a diabetic breakdown type thing) I thought I was a type 3 because I had had pancreatic surgery (and my husband had bought a meter and checked me so I had been put on insulin) but at a later shock visit to the hospital my consultant told me that although I had had a relatively small part of my pancreas removed, I should not need ongoing insulin support after the surgery, it was in fact hugely rare to need such support when the major part of my pancreas is still there. She was suspicious about this and so she did a GAD test and found that the rest of my pancreas had failed and that I am in fact T1. She thinks the shock of the surgery triggered a latent autoimmune failure of the pancreas to manifest.

I had classified myself as T3 when I first came on this board but my consultant told me that she was not prepared to treat me on that basis in future, but only on the basis that I am T1. We went through my test results together and she's absolutely right. I was so surprised. So now I put myself here as T1 because it's easier than trying to explain all that lot!

I don't know how to condense all that so I just stuck it in my profile for the curious.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you today, hypo's are the pits at times ?

Hi @Robinredbreast back to normal now, but of course did get a huge spike from 2.4 to 14.1. Of course with all the sudden sugar rush I had the inevitable headache. Correction dose taken late last night and woke up to a rather pleasant 6.0 with a fairly steady overnight.

Grey and wet here so limited opportunities for a walk and some birdwatching. Hopefully will dry up a little later to let me out for a while.

Hope you guys all have a great day

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ all, it rained for much of the night, at last! I’d forgotten how wonderful it is to be snug indoors while outside the dark’s split by lightening, the thunder growls and the rain hammers. Glorious. Pond filled again, veg bed watered, green leaves shining.
Hope all gets better for those who’ve had a bleurgh day or two. Retreat into a novel @Japes while it all slides off you? Better bloods for the rest of the day please for you @smc4761. Good, microbe free tofu for @Antje. Oh my, keep trying for Libre on prescription @becca59.
Good to have you back safe and sound @porl69, and @SueJB.
Have a great weekend Everyone I’ve not mentioned.
The sun’s coming out again here so it’s nearly time to frolic outdoors. Went for a great walk at Reculver yesterday with blowing wind and cavorting birds making the most of it. I swear a couple of black headed gulls were treating it like a switchback, pure fairground fun. Meanwhile a guy’s dog had found a sheltered place by the sea wall while his owner fished from the rocks. The dog just looked resigned and long suffering.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

The good news? I'm out of the 7's. The bad news? I'm stuck in the 10's. I am injecting insulin but it's like I'm injecting water. This is the last go with this lot; if it doesn't help I'll change the cartridge.

I wouldn't mind but I'm really hot, and feeling quite feeble :grumpy:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Well, 4 units and 40 minutes later and I'm in the high 9's. I guess it's progress? Pushed in a bit more - I just want to be in the 6's? Too much to ask?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well, 4 units and 40 minutes later and I'm in the high 9's. I guess it's progress? Pushed in a bit more - I just want to be in the 6's? Too much to ask?

Blame the wretched cystitis gremlins? Horrid for you so (((hug)))

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Mornin’ all, it rained for much of the night, at last! I’d forgotten how wonderful it is to be snug indoors while outside the dark’s split by lightening, the thunder growls and the rain hammers. Glorious.

I totally agree. I love being tucked up snug in bed and listening to the thunder and rain, while lightning flashes light up the sky. Nip out and open the curtains, make sure the window is open not too wide and enjoy!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

He's absolutely right. All the money in the world doesn't make up for not having the person you love, so spend it. Just keep trying to get funded!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends
I’m annoyed about not getting much sleep, but I heard iced coffee being mentioned so I’ll brew one up. :)
Libre said I’m a fine 5.7 but finger said “darling, are you having a laugh? It’s 4.9.”
I can’t decide if I like Asda brand soy cream or oatly single cream.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Afternoon friends
I’m annoyed about not getting much sleep, but I heard iced coffee being mentioned so I’ll brew one up. :)
Libre said I’m a fine 5.7 but finger said “darling, are you having a laugh? It’s 4.9.”
I can’t decide if I like Asda brand soy cream or oatly single cream.

Afternoon - I'm an Oatly woman myself but in a pinch I'll use either.