porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning y'all

Well hypoland ALL of last night. Went to bed on a 4.5 had a bananananana as I climbed the stairs. Libre had my at 3 most of the night. That was with a 80% basal adjustment too. Must be the heat?? Sat on a 3.9 as I type, so a cuppa with 2 sugars is the go now

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
For everyone who had their fingers crossed I'd survive the tofu that had been left to marinate for 3 or 4 days, it still smelled, looked and tasted right yesterday and I made a very yummy Indonesian like meal with it :)
I also put in nori seaweed, which isn't in any exisisting recipes I suppose, but I read @WuTwo puts seaweed in her dishes sometimes so I thought to try :). I now know I love seaweed in my food! (and will probably put it in all sorts of inappropriate dishes for a while, as I'm like that when I discover something new :banghead:)
67282197_10218088484117965_8682564735788384256_n.jpg
Looks lovely - have you tried Furikake? It’s a Japanese seasoning made of finely chopped seaweed, sesame seeds and salt. Really nice with some yuzu juice on an avocado. And prawns. Or tofu. Or anything at all, really. Husbeast bought me some sheets of seaweed snack stuff in Costco yesterday, I absolutely love the stuff!

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys do u use alcohol wipes before u inject? I haven't been but my parents think it be good idea to get them
Or does anyone here get on prescription?

Hi @Delticmatt100 ,

What is your personal view on the subject?

Within a few days of coming out of hospital I was given the kit & advised I'm going to be on my own with this some day. No time like the present.

Sooo, with the busy hubbub of life (including involvent with the care of the woman that initially imparted the advice many years ago. I can't be doing with the whole "OCD" on top of the basic cleanliness & self pride society (& John Wesley.) expects from personal hygiene..

Nothing cleans wounds like your own saliva. Nothing preps the action of inpalment like a bit of soap & water.. :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone watched Prison Break (currently watching it on amazon) - the main character is supposedly T1 (except he's not) but he has to go to the medical bay everyday for his 'shot' - now I guess the series was made a good few years ago but the doc injects him like she's doing a vaccination, using 1970's inch long thick gauge needles STABBED (theres stabbed and then theres STABBED!) in the arm - I can't remember seeing her use a wipe either........... @Delticmatt100 I think the medical profession use alcohol wipes just in case you get an infection and they can claim to use reasonable measures to avoid such things and so you can't sue them for it, I don't think I or anyone else is in the habit of suing themselves.....?!:D

@helensaramay skating on thin ice! I think most of us are older than you so try not to laugh at us:p

Enough to laugh at my friend for being old ... well, he's older than me so that counts.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Looks lovely - have you tried Furikake? It’s a Japanese seasoning made of finely chopped seaweed, sesame seeds and salt. Really nice with some yuzu juice on an avocado. And prawns. Or tofu. Or anything at all, really. Husbeast bought me some sheets of seaweed snack stuff in Costco yesterday, I absolutely love the stuff!

Many thanks! Will get some tomorrow :) I do like adding to the herbs & spices baskets.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just inject the *** ( n is missing for mod purposes :)) stuff. I’ve never considered taking any sterilising precautions in 28yrs of injecting. That includes injecting whilst working ( builders merchants, print factory) , training at gym and everywhere and anywhere else.

mod edit: And you still didn't get away with it ;)
Funny :):):). Actually, it’s a barrier constructed across a waterway to control the level or flow of water, funny.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought a barrier across a waterway to control the flow of water is a lock or weir.
Now the mods have taken away the opportunity for me to learn a new type of waterway barrier.
Just inject the weir stuff?????? Doesn’t seem to have the same impact.
Never thought diabetes could be so BIG BROTHER.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Funny :):):). Actually, it’s a barrier constructed across a waterway to control the level or flow of water, funny.
Thought I was funny when editing your post :)
Now the mods have taken away the opportunity for me to learn a new type of waterway barrier.
Have no fear, it's all about context so you may learn all about dams, locks, dykes, weirs and even mother animals and discuss them :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I was funny when editing your post :)

Have no fear, it's all about context so you may learn all about dams, locks, dykes, weirs and even mother animals and discuss them :)
And you from the home of ****s.:):):):).

mod edit: AAAAARGH

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And apparently, we can learn about slagheaps but not a single piece of stony waste matter separated from metals during the smelting or refining of ore :)
Let me google that, I've just run into the limits of my knowledge of your language, I think...

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Got to admit, I've looked and searched everywhere and can't find any rails.....

we even, now and again, mention the D word and help each other. And we give English language lessons!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys do u use alcohol wipes before u inject? I haven't been but my parents think it be good idea to get them
Or does anyone here get on prescription?
No, they're relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and my consultant said the skin doesn't need cleaning before injecting.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I don't think I will qualify for having a hypo hound in the near future (well here's hoping): https://hypohounds.co.uk/faqs/ But I'm sending them a donation.

Here's a DIY hypo detection dog training guide. I'm going to try this myself with my two spaniels. I was planning on getting them the Kennel Club Good Citizenship Award Scheme to GOLD anyway.
https://wagwalking.com/training/detect-low-blood-sugar
My youngest, at 8 months, is fascinated by my blood testing and injections already and appears at my side whenever I'm testing. The major thing appears to collect a whole lot of spit whenever I'm hypoing or hypering to freeze for practice scent sessions.

Last edited:
Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a diabetes related topic, I just come across this video of Chris Pennell* (a professional rugby player with type 1 diabetes).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/get-inspired/36225872
It is a couple of years old but I thought it was very interesting to see how little insulin he takes due to his exercise and his diet.

Apologies for derailing the thread. Feel free to get back to discussing the far more important and educational topic of rude words :)

fascinating, The guy didn't seem to bolus for anything all day? It just seemed like he was running on his basal...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On the scale of 1-10, does anyone think an ice cream van would have a vegan option? There's one driving around in my neighbourhood and my stomach doesn't want to scream. :hilarious: