What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs I bought a handful of cherries yesterday and just now I was Googling the nutrition info on them. One site says they lower the risk of gout attacks as well as being good for diabetics, and helping people sleep.
Plus these are delicious.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
0500 - rain - what was the point of all that garden watering yesterday evening - it’s a good bit of rain too. Still warm, very warm.

The wonder wheel of very flat flatlines during the night produced a 4.9 on waking - it’s 5.3 now, 20 minutes later.

Bin day - best get them out.
Have a marvelous day if you can.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 today. At least it is an improvement on yesterday

Have a great day

Pavlos
20190723_114529.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 today and already too hot. Off to hospital at 7am for my latest eye injection. Hope the heat doesnt increase chance of infection which is always my main concern. At least should be home by 10am. Rest of the day will be eyes closed, on sofa, curtains drawn, fan nearby, lots of water, cats if they can stay cool and listening to the comings and goings on the TV.
Take care in the heat everyone. Its silly season.
Stay well, stay safe.

Viv19

Morning All. 5.7 today and already too hot. Off to hospital at 7am for my latest eye injection. Hope the heat doesnt increase chance of infection which is always my main concern. At least should be home by 10am. Rest of the day will be eyes closed, on sofa, curtains drawn, fan nearby, lots of water, cats if they can stay cool and listening to the comings and goings on the TV.
Stay well, stay safe.

Take care PenguinMum. Hope it goes well for you. Hug.

Reactions: gennepher

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Big electrical storm last night quite a stunning display of fork lightning at about 1am.
Off to the docs soon, then work. Then this afternoon dog to groomers and me to get hair cut!
Thanks care & keep as cool as possible.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum hope eye injection goes well and not too uncomfortable afterwards.

A very acceptable 5.5 this morning after a very disturbed nights sleep with thunderstorms rumbling on for hours.

My 13 year old Labrador used to love watching thunderstorms (and fireworks to). Now he just can't be bothered and prefers to snooze. This morning he ran down the stairs and leaped out of the back door. So foot is definitely still ok.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 at 6am

I had the curtains open last night to see this thunderstorm and lightning...I love lightning.

But alas, no lightning outside my bedroom window :)

I can’t hear the thunderstorms at night with being deaf. But I can see rain on the ground this morning. So plants have been watered. One chore less today.

7:30 am now and already 23C in my garden according to my garden thermometer in the shade...

I will be following the cat to find the coolest places...

>^••^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stay well, stay safe.
Hugs for this morning.
At least you will be home before the day heats up badly.
Take care x

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 now, 6.8 last night.
Feeling overwhelmed and irritated by electronic gadgets that come with useless instructions or non at all. I’m not usually so inept. Why should I have to search through YouTube for user info??????
Hugs.
I’ve just got a small cooker and the entire instructions are in Chinese or Mandarin...google translate doesn’t work for that.
My knowledge of Chinese is numbers up to 10...and that’s it...
It was on You Tube, but in Chinese, no translation...

>^••^<

P.S. I just guessed and it’s working...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.
I guess what is driving me is the desire for the countryside. Living in the city there are no open green spaces. No quiet places to walk. No earth underfoot. Just glass and steel and pavement everywhere shutting you in.
There is the convenience of Uber and Lyft and cabs and buses, but nowhere to go in them. And some places I 'need' to are so far away, and there is so much traffic. There is nothing fun to do in a city and no one to do it with.
My friend down the street says her building has much more community spirit than this place and they also have a much bigger garden.
Community spirit is important. That sounds well worth consideration.
>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another difficult day at work yesterday sometimes these large organisations are so inept...positively I saw an old friend at the same venue I haven't see for years we managed a spot of lunch together & she'll be coming down for a visit before the summer is done...sweltering hot in London came out of the building & the heat was overwhelming...headed straight for the car & the air conditioning...had a good drive there & back yesterday until I missed my exit on the M25...urghhh...was exhausted when I finally got home...slept right through the thunder storms...ate badly yesterday so not suprisingly woke to a 7.2

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all been missing in action lately, but my 23rd Annual review yesterday and was expecting a telling off (as usual) as my control has slipped due to a number of reasons, but wasn't expecting the Prof to say "Ok your HB1AC isn't great but at least its stable (62) and your insulin usage hasn't gone up (400iu's a day) so well done!!" I nearly fell off my chair not something I expected but I'll take it. Anyway enough of my shenanigans yesterday a 7.1 was unceremoniously thrown at me this morning, I will take it. Hugs for the eye injection @PenguinMum they are never nice and take care everyone in this heat, plenty of fluids and rest.