What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you EVERYONE for all your good wishes this morning. All went well met some lovely people in the waiting room and was home by 9.30am. It doesnt feel as sore as last time but because I wear an eye patch until tomo morning I cant see very well. So hanging out on the sofa with the cats ,fan going, TV on to listen to, so as relaxed as can be. I so hope you are all coping with the heat and staying hydrated. Bless you all for your lovely support.

Good news! I'm glad to hear it went so well and that you made it home and are able to relax with B & D. In my opinion kitties are the best nurses, as long as they don't try to make a cup of tea.

Reactions: gennepher

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One dog claws clipped. Doctors visited - My head is normal I nearly asked for it in writing as that is not what most people who know me would say! I am to try a preventative medication so we will see how that goes.
@DJC3 I hope Dennis had a good time at the groomers.
@PenguinMum glad the eye proceedure went well I have a phobia with eyes so you have my admiration for the calm way you have dealt with it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazon music? Spotify or other such services? The sleeping has taken years of work since LC eating research suggests that is common. Not unusual to be up @3.00 and in gym by 4.00. Really wracked my brains to get to this point - another huge minus for LC in my case but plenty others say they sleep better so I must be an outlier.

Carbs seem to make me sleepy unless I eat some protein with them. Which is weird when I think about lions, who don't eat carbs but often fall asleep after a meal? Whereas horses graze on carbs all day long and just doze on their feet most of the time. Oh, well, many of us humans are neither carnivores nor herbivores.

After a rather omnivore breakfast this morning the KittenCat and I went back to bed and I went sound asleep for a couple of hours.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you EVERYONE for all your good wishes this morning. All went well met some lovely people in the waiting room and was home by 9.30am. It doesnt feel as sore as last time but because I wear an eye patch until tomo morning I cant see very well. So hanging out on the sofa with the cats ,fan going, TV on to listen to, so as relaxed as can be. I so hope you are all coping with the heat and staying hydrated. Bless you all for your lovely support.

Wonderful news. @PenguinMum

So pleased it went well, and even more so now I know how chilled out you are, with the cats as part of your support team.

Your now One step closer to fixing the problem.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One dog claws clipped. Doctors visited - My head is normal I nearly asked for it in writing as that is not what most people who know me would say! I am to try a preventative medication so we will see how that goes.
@PenguinMum glad the eye proceedure went well I have a phobia with eyes so you have my admiration for the calm way you have dealt with it.

Sometimes I think it would be handy to be a card-carrying normal-head person with ID to flash like a driver's license. I hope the medicine will prove to truly prevent the migraines.
thumbupleft.gif

Viv19

Amazon music? Spotify or other such services? The sleeping has taken years of work since starting LC eating. Research suggests that is common. Not unusual to be up @3.00 and in gym by 4.00. Really wracked my brains to get to this point - another huge minus for LC in my case but plenty others say they sleep better so I must be an outlier.

I don’t want to have to have my iPhone hanging on my arm - the little ipod 4 is tiny and doesn’t have to physically be attached to the headphones. It now has lots of assorted music on - hope I can survive the earplugs, which I really don’t like. Aaaagh it’s all stupid.
My sleep patterns are messed up anyway. Sometimes it’s good, other times I sit and read.
Do you really think that the insomnia has to do with LC ianpspurs? My digestion is much better since I started LC, though I’m sure I wouldn’t sleep if I was hungry.
Somehow I receive assorted mails and info from verywell health. Today’s mail is about the link between thyroid and diabetes. Link below.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/thyroid-disease-and-diabetes-3289616

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope the medication works for your migraines.
Dennis only visited the groom room today - to get him used to it. He didn’t seem too phased by all the noise and smells so it bodes well for his first puppy groom later this week.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear all went well @PenguinMum I hope you’ve had a nice cool day since then with your lovely moggies to help you relax.

Reactions: Viv19

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like your liver kicked in a a bit of sugar at about half past 6. - just means that you have some sugar hanging about - might be just in your liver or could be somewhere else - pretty normal. Good stuff.
Yeah, it starts going up then but I’d woken up probably about that time, laid in bed until nurse came with my meds at 7, so I’m quite happy it’s the morning glucose dump, may adjust my insulin to accommodate this in future but right now I’m working on diet changes. Some nights can be 9 going to bed, down to 5 around 3am and back to 10+ by waking time, smooth line is kinda good.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t want to have to have my iPhone hanging on my arm - the little ipod 4 is tiny and doesn’t have to physically be attached to the headphones. It now has lots of assorted music on - hope I can survive the earplugs, which I really don’t like. Aaaagh it’s all stupid.
My sleep patterns are messed up anyway. Sometimes it’s good, other times I sit and read.
Do you really think that the insomnia has to do with LC ianpspurs? My digestion is much better since I started LC, though I’m sure I wouldn’t sleep if I was hungry.
Somehow I receive assorted mails and info from verywell health. Today’s mail is about the link between thyroid and diabetes. Link below.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/thyroid-disease-and-diabetes-3289616
Ok fair enough re phone and headphones. At present I have a gym at home with sky+ access to my playlists and a docking place for ipod in the console of my exercise bike so not a problem I come across. Re insomnia: I only know what I read and what my body does. I don't think I have insomnia, I fall asleep easily and never lie awake but have had plenty of early starts. Suits me when there is cricket on tv.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad news…’Plumpy’ who some of you here are familiar with is no longer a member of our household…my neighbour who arrived with him (he was just three months old) & her two children after her relationship with an abusive partner broke down three & a half years ago has rescinded our agreement to transfer his ownership to me…from the onset Harry would dig holes through my hedge …claw at the connecting gates until finally we left them open and he made himself at home here…we loved him & loved having him despite his slobbering chewing everything in sight & snoring fit to bring the house down…now apparently her Ex is the preferred option to care for him & Harry is currently with him…heartbreaking.

Reactions: DJC3 and Viv19

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad news…’Plumpy’ who some of you here are familiar with is no longer a member of our household…my neighbour who arrived with him (he was just three months old) & her two children after her relationship with an abusive partner broke down three & a half years ago has rescinded our agreement to transfer his ownership to me…from the onset Harry would dig holes through my hedge …claw at the connecting gates until finally we left them open and he made himself at home here…we loved him & loved having him despite his slobbering chewing everything in sight & snoring fit to bring the house down…now apparently her Ex is the preferred option to care for him & Harry is currently with him…heartbreaking.

That’s shocking bubbsie , there’s no sense in it, she hasn’t just sold him has she, she sounds like a right sort,

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope the medication works for your migraines.
Dennis only visited the groom room today - to get him used to it. He didn’t seem too phased by all the noise and smells so it bodes well for his first puppy groom later this week.

I thought of you and Denis earlier today. I took an Uber to a pet store a couple of miles away and from the sidewalk I could see through the front window into the grooming salon where a cute little puppy was being groomed. He looked about Dennis's age and was being very good! He looked like he might have been a Cockapoo, but maybe he was -- like a service dog I saw in another store -- a Schnoozle.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Big hugs bubbsie xx

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s shocking bubbsie , there’s no sense in it, she hasn’t just sold him has she, she sounds like a right sort,
No she hasn't sold him I saw & heard the Ex picking him up trick...there isn't anything I can do about it so I have to accept it.