Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive reduced my insulin by 30% for the last two days and I’m still fighting. It’s around 35° today and it’s been that hot since noon :(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent almost an hour in the kitchen (stepping under a cold shower twice during that time, clothes and all) and now am the proud owner of an omelet/fritata/quiche like thing that should last me until sunday and I'll only need the microwave :)

Yes, theres a difference between the two, as halfway baked I decided it needed sundried tomatoes and more cheese on top. Will put some in the microwave later tonight, as it's still too hot to think about food. Instead I make do with a couple of cold beers until it gets cooler :)
67276229_10218105581585391_3998623232704905216_n.jpg

67462849_10218106279282833_4883976104496332800_n.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thunder storm, brilliant! Flashes, rumbles, cooler but still got the fan going.
Have to share this one @Mel dCP, cat, himindoors and me.
I leave it to the hive’s imagination

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spent almost an hour in the kitchen (stepping under a cold shower twice during that time, clothes and all) and now am the proud owner of an omelet/fritata/quiche like thing that should last me until sunday and I'll only need the microwave :)

Yes, theres a difference between the two, as halfway baked I decided it needed sundried tomatoes and more cheese on top. Will put some in the microwave later tonight, as it's still too hot to think about food. Instead I make do with a couple of cold beers until it gets cooler :)

They look totally yum!
Sudden rise here, been very good all day, just waiting to eat while the orchestra plays The Dance of the Masticators.

Reactions: Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

They look great.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm definitely an A. Heat? What heat? The cold? Now that's something I really feel.

I've found coffee and cream are a great way to stop fast-falling blood sugars. I was on the stepper at the gym this afternoon and achieved a double arrow down on the Glimp, dropping to 4.1. It was either jelly beans or coffee and cream territory as I had both. The coffee stopped my decent like a freight train and my blood sugars stabilized at 4.0 before quickly ascending. Coffee works faster than dexter tablets, for me. The thing I dislike about jelly beans or dexter tablets is that I end up really high, even with small amounts, and have to correct with short-acting. I've only had them three times in the first week I started insulin. I now use coffee, but I still have them on hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
******** bloods still not playing, grrrrrrrr. Insulin cool in Frio all day, bloods were great, supper out, but only looking and enjoying entertaining weather.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hello Chef @Antje77

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting

Ahhh. They look amazing and vegetarian. I think I should have known that from some previous post.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ert remembering the excitement around Oppo icecream, I decided to treat myself recently.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. They seem to reduce the carbs by adding artificial sweeteners which made it too sweet to my taste.
I am really happy others like it but, now you are on insulin, you can try some "real" icecream. In my opinion it tastes much better ... especially if you are going to pay the high price of Oppo.

But, we are all different. If you like it, go for it.
We have Kelly’s Cornish ice cream - not sure how many carbs as I haven’t bothered to look. Does that make me a naughty T2 diabetic?

Reactions: Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I basically win at today! After Madame DP brazenly taking advantage of lack of sleep and pre-wedding playing angst and then two missing buses this morning, (meant to be every 20 minutes...) which meant I had to go to New Street, rather than get the direct train from the best local station, I wasn't convinced this was going to be the case!

In theory, I should've had a horrendous journey home from Wedding Venue City, as every train on the departure board as I arrived to return home was cancelled or delayed - except one. The one I was wanting to get on!

The church was also about the coolest place to be - as I had thought it might be. Well worth going early to take advantage of this - even if the vicar thought I was a bit too early... I cheerfully informed him my idea of a great day out was a cool, empty church and free access to the organ.

As I'd half-remembered, this church has an older version of the organ I play every week, so I didn't have to dig too deep into my memory for its idiosyncrasies as they all came back to me rapidly. As did the acoustics of the building.

Oh, and remarkably for an eat on the run, two pieces of cake and other carbier than usual for me items, day, I seem to be on target for bedtime.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I admit it I lie to my pump.............I just entered in a higher carb count because I know it's 11:00 am and early for me to eat something and a trail mix cookie at that, I could have just added more insulin in the final number, but I chose to lie and say it was higher carbs.................I must have an issue with my relationship with my pump...........

Reactions: hh1