Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

winelover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was diagnosed type 1 about 18 months ago.Just been for a check up wuth DSN. HBA1C come down to 6.2!!! She's discharged me from their service and back to GP care. Am really pleased with the result but a bit scared without that extra support. Does that make sense?

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
my HbA1C in June was 42 which converts to 6.0 which is similar to the averages on my Accu- Chek Aviva meter. I've been on insulin for 39 years now but I exercise a lot and eat sensibly. Seems to be working but it's never possible to switch off from it and exercising knocks my BG down so it's a balancing act!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.7% Just found out today. It's only two months since my last one, due to needing a current one for a DAFNE course, and only 6 weeks since starting insulin. I couldn't have done it without insulin. I'm planning to get down to 5% with the help of Bernie.

Reactions: Diakat

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had 2 separate ones from same day blood samples. One (for gp appointment ) is 36 mmol/mol, the other one (for consultant appointment ) 40. So hba1c test seems very about and not so accurate ...?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Was diagnosed type 1 about 18 months ago.Just been for a check up wuth DSN. HBA1C come down to 6.2!!! She's discharged me from their service and back to GP care. Am really pleased with the result but a bit scared without that extra support. Does that make sense?
You can always ask for another hospital consultation if you feel abandoned - hope all goes well for you.

Pablo1980

I am 76mmol I really have lot of hypos had it 33years now my diet isn’t great but my support team have given up on me I think, it’s hard

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Had a 4.8% this morning. This is baffling as I've had an ongoing nightmare headache for last 1.5 weeks and BS control has gone out the window.

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Super! How old is she now? Still low carbing?
She’s 8 and a half now...time flies! We’re not super low carb anymore, more medium carb but careful We diy closed loop with Android APS, which is amazing. X

Reactions: LooperCat
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been type 1 for > 41 years and have a number of other autoimmune diagnoses including Addison's disease, which also affects one's blood sugar.

I was approved for NHS funding because I have no nocturnal hypo awareness and I was widowed in May 2018. I started using the Medtronic 640g pump with Enlite sensors and Guardian transmitters last October. After steadfastly refusing to move off syringes for donkey's years it was a huge change for me to start using a pump but I had no choice. Boy, am I glad I did!

Anyway. I attended my six monthly diabetes clinic appointment yesterday with the consultant who looks after patients using an insulin pump. My A1c was 6.8! Down from 7.1 six months earlier. The consultant was so pleased that he said I don't have to return to clinic for 12 months. I floated home ...

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My most recent was 75.
I am really pleased with this as for the past 4 years I have (very slowly) come down from 100 to 83. But it has been an up & down process.
So to drop from 83 to 75 was fantastic!

I just hope to keep going in the same direction now. :happy: