Weekly weigh in - Fridays

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello weighers! I hope it's ok to join this thread with me being type 1? I have 50lbs to lose.

My weight this morning- 14st 5lb
Total loss- 3lb

I'm hoping to cut back on snacks, takeaways and diet coke. And I've bought myself a Fitbit to motivate my movement!

Wishing you all good losses!

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello weighers! I hope it's ok to join this thread with me being type 1? I have 50lbs to lose.

My weight this morning- 14st 5lb
Total loss- 3lb

I'm hoping to cut back on snacks, takeaways and diet coke. And I've bought myself a Fitbit to motivate my movement!

Wishing you all good losses!
Replacing diet coke with water can help. Are your snacks all carby ones? A yogart can help in times of hunger. I'm a type2 on MDI but hv severe insulin resistance. Any IR for you or is your unit need low?

Reactions: sjm1308

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I really need to cut back on the carbs. I'm insulin resistant too. They called it double diabetes so am on metformin twice a day on top of my insulin. I take 2u to 10g.
Replacing diet coke with water can help. Are your snacks all carby ones? A yogart can help in times of hunger. I'm a type2 on MDI but hv severe insulin resistance. Any IR for you or is your unit need low?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Keen to see more loss on Friday but may weigh myself tomorrow as the not knowing is disconcerting.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just in case I forget tomorrow my weight today Thursday 8th August is 117.20kgs so no loss this week. However I know why. I reduced my basal too much so I lost my 5+6s. I only lose when bgs are excellent.

Looking forward to next week's weigh-in.

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've gained 1lb this week. Had a few too many 'relaxed' days. More determined now for the week ahead!

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just weighed and I'm 116.70kgs. So hv lost this week after all. Fibre does hel and using the correct amount of insulin. I reduced my basal too much. Now it's just right. Lovely!!!
In fact I lose when my hormones aren't at peak menstrual time, too.
I still hv high prolactin and irratic thyroid function but losing, once more. Soooo happy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weighed on Saturday
48.8kg. Another small gain.
Am now having to consider if I really want to gain any more weight? Medically or technically am underweight, but I feel healthy, have plenty of energy, dont look too bad, quite like my new figure.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed on Saturday
48.8kg. Another small gain.
Am now having to consider if I really want to gain any more weight? Medically or technically am underweight, but I feel healthy, have plenty of energy, dont look too bad, quite like my new figure.
More protein can add weight in everyone. I don't believe only carbs add weight. Protein with weighs can give you a gained muscle density.
Seek a bodybuilders advice, if you feel protein will help.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Until few months ago was doing LCHF, well over 2k calories a day and still losing weight. Since increasing protein intake (not massively, 2 eggs for breakfast and larger portion of protein at dinner ) have reduced fat and now daily calories about 1800 - 1900 and started to gain slowly.
Seems that the naturally slim simply don't utilise fat well. Feeling a lot more comfortable too, without the overstuffed sensation that was common on LCHF and now get hungry as well.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Until few months ago was doing LCHF, well over 2k calories a day and still losing weight. Since increasing protein intake (not massively, 2 eggs for breakfast and larger portion of protein at dinner ) have reduced fat and now daily calories about 1800 - 1900 and started to gain slowly.
Seems that the naturally slim simply don't utilise fat well. Feeling a lot more comfortable too, without the overstuffed sensation that was common on LCHF and now get hungry as well.

SlimLizzy where did you learn slim people simply don't utilise fat well? I'd like to read a bit on that.

Going back to your earlier point, on being underweight and liking it; I would urge you to strongly consider gaining a little, to get yourself over the BMI threshold, or thereabouts.

My rationale for that is if you find you lose weight easily, then all that needs to happen is you pick up some sort of tummy lurgy, or a dose of the flu, or whatever, and you could find yourself in trrouble.

I'm also slight, but I eat like several horses. I certain tuck more away than my OH. He often says he can't work out where it all goes. Anyway, we spent a bit of time in SE asia earlier this year. I ate well. I certainly ate more fruit than I would do in UK, and bearing in mind we ate out literally every evening (for 2 months) and spent periods in hotels, as well as our apartmentI still lost a couple of kilos.

OK. It wasn't a huge amount, and whilst there in hot weather and surrounded by masses of small, petite people, I actually didn't feel thin. When I got home, I can't tell you how much I felt the cold (beginning of April), and how my clothes hung off me.

It took me about the same couple of months to get those kilos back..

I'm absolutely suggesting you add a lot of weight, but just to give yourself some manoeuvrability, against a worrying drop.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Eating like several horses, sounds just like me.
Certainly I eat more, and more frequently, ( I have breakfast) than my OH, or my 30 year old son.
As for being underweight, have been so all my life. Doc had finally accepted it as being normal for me. Only time i have been over the BMI threshold is when pregnant. Am guessing the weight began creeping upwards when insulin resistance started, and even then it took a decade to gain about a stone.
Have been looking for the post you asked about but can't find it. However reading it was a lightbulb moment and changing my diet accordingly, has been effective.
Suspect most HP would still say too much fat.

Last edited: